Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Copa | ConnectMiles
Reload this Page >

Missing Mileage Credit - Customer Service/Service Center Frustration

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 26, 2018, 12:20 pm
Original Poster

Programs: CM Gold / *A Gold

On October 8th my return home flight was scheduled to depart MDE for PTY to my final destination in NA (all segments on itinerary with CM). Due to runway damage at MDE our flight was delayed 5 hours and many people missed connections in Panama. Copa rebooked everyone on flights for the next day and put us up in a hotel overnight.

Unfortunately, for some strange reason I wasn't credited with any miles for my flight from Medellin to Panama. I submitted a request for the missing miles and was declined because "Ticketed name not found on specified flight". My calls to customer service have been frustrating. I've emailed both accounts@connectmiles and request@connectmiles with my flight info and a photo of the boarding pass. They just keep parroting the same line that I was not on this flight and that they will look into it and I need to callback a week later.

After 3 weeks and 3 calls I'm starting to understand the frustration with Copa's customer service (or lack thereof). How can I escalate this? I need this last segment in order to qualify for Connectmiles Silver in 2019.
Old Oct 26, 2018, 5:16 pm

Programs: Amex Plat, Hilton Diamond, SPG Gold, Carlson Gold, CM Presidential / *A Gold, Hertz 5*
This frustrates me greatly too with Copa/ConnectMiles. There is no ORC (original routing credit) that I know of - or at least I have not found the person to deal with it. I get the same response about not being on the flight so not getting credit for it - happened during the summer when PTY-YYZ went MX, so we got rebooked on LH direct to FRA (instead of PTY-YYZ-FRA) and only ended up getting the miles for PTY-FRA, which is less. I tried to talk to someone to see reason that I should get ORC, but to no avail.

On my most recent trip (2 days ago) to Europe from PTY, I was delayed in Toronto so missed my connection and rebooked on Alitalia (Skyteam), unsure why AC rebooked me on this. I talked to the AC airport manager in AMS to tried to get me back on LH (*A) and after trying for about 30 mins he was unable to, as no one could contact one of the airlines needed. I then went airside and after about 45 mins at a ticketing desk, was able to get back on *A, so I would get the miles and avoid all the hassle that I knew was coming. I am going for Presidential, so cannot afford to be missing anything, knowing that Copa would not grant me ORC

If you have the boarding pass stubs, send those in. Even better if you have a digital boarding pass
Old Nov 21, 2018, 11:24 pm
Original Poster

Programs: CM Gold / *A Gold
Originally Posted by pmarrsouth
I am going for Presidential, so cannot afford to be missing anything, knowing that Copa would not grant me ORC

If you have the boarding pass stubs, send those in. Even better if you have a digital boarding pass
Right? It was an incredibly frustrating experience. I want to post an update as I was able to get the credit for the missing segment 2 weeks after posting this. When speaking to the customer service reps, ignore everything they say and advise to do. Ask to speak with the "resolution department". I was able to get in contact with 1 of the apparently 4 people in this department. After retrieving one of the 3 emails I sent to the various copa connectmiles email address' I was provided, he was able to see my boarding pass and went about the process of crediting my account. It was posted to my account 5 days after speaking with him.

[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]

I would just send a scan of your boarding pass to all 3, they are bound to get it....eventually.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.