Premium Seats

Old Feb 12, 18, 7:23 am
Original Poster

Programs: Free Agent
Premium Seats

Flying MIA-PTY next week and I'm given the opportunity to purchase Premium seats, which are the second exit row (737) and the first two rows of economy. Can anyone confirm that these are indeed extra legroom seats? The website and Twitter responses aren't specific.
Old Feb 12, 18, 11:12 am

Programs: UA Gold, CM nada
I do not believe the 2nd row of economy has any different legroom, they call it premium due to proximity to the boarding door.
Check out these threads, esp. regarding spanish proficiency in exit rows.
Exit Row Seats on Copa
Copa seat question

Last edited by YadiMolina; Feb 12, 18 at 11:19 am
Old Feb 12, 18, 7:33 pm

Programs: AR Platinum, CM SILVER, UA SILVER, MARRIOTT PP
I confirm no extra legroom, as the previous poster answered, they are called premium for the proximity to the boarding door.
Old Feb 13, 18, 3:09 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Free Agent
Thanks - that was my gut - good thing I didn't spend the $$$
Old Feb 13, 18, 5:28 pm

Programs: AA 1MM Lifetime Gold, SPG/Marriott Bonvoy Gold
Since there are a few row of business class before any coach seats, even on the E190, I'd not say they were all that close to the boarding door either.
Old Feb 14, 18, 4:11 pm

Programs: AR Platinum, CM SILVER, UA SILVER, MARRIOTT PP
Originally Posted by PBIGuy View Post
Thanks - that was my gut - good thing I didn't spend the $$$
I have to confess that I didn't elaborate my answer fully because I read the answers first and not the original post.
I should add that particularly aisle seats of Row 5 (1st row of economy) do have extra legroom indeed, those are my favorite seats of economy as the bulkhead has an opening in the aisle seats and are quite comfortable.
the rest of the seats of row 5 probably have some extra legroom vs the rest of the seats but I am not completely sure of that.
Old Apr 28, 18, 3:04 pm

Location: Juneau, Ft Lauderdale, Whitehorse, and mostly 2A or 3C. Never, EVER 4 though.
Programs: AS MVPG + BR, DL GM, Hertz Pres Circle, Natl Emerald Exec, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Silver
The 2nd row has 2 to 3 extra inches of legroom on the LONG HAUL 737-800s, the ones with recliner seats & foot rests. On the "regular" 737-800s, the 2nd row is nothing special.
Old Aug 17, 18, 8:19 am

Programs: Avianca LifeMiles. Hilton Gold, Meliá Gold, Radisson Gold. National Exec Elite, Hertz PC.
Originally Posted by Venezuela-Miami View Post
I have to confess that I didn't elaborate my answer fully because I read the answers first and not the original post.
I should add that particularly aisle seats of Row 5 (1st row of economy) do have extra legroom indeed, those are my favorite seats of economy as the bulkhead has an opening in the aisle seats and are quite comfortable.
the rest of the seats of row 5 probably have some extra legroom vs the rest of the seats but I am not completely sure of that.
I have flown on row 5 of the "new" 737s, I agree there is extra leg room due to the opening on the bulkhead below, but that bulkhead is considerably closer to row 5 than on the old 737s, the IFE display is like 15 inches from your face, and I felt it was a tight squeeze.
Old Sep 1, 18, 8:36 pm

Programs: MileagePlus
Originally Posted by ariel_sjo View Post
I have flown on row 5 of the "new" 737s, I agree there is extra leg room due to the opening on the bulkhead below, but that bulkhead is considerably closer to row 5 than on the old 737s, the IFE display is like 15 inches from your face, and I felt it was a tight squeeze.
I agree with the above statement. My seat was 5A from LAX-PTY and there is extra leg-room. Quite comfortable except for the big IFE display in your face.
Old Sep 25, 19, 2:27 pm

Programs: United 1K, Marriott Ambassador, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by UAPremierExec View Post
The 2nd row has 2 to 3 extra inches of legroom on the LONG HAUL 737-800s, the ones with recliner seats & foot rests. On the "regular" 737-800s, the 2nd row is nothing special.
If the website shows at check-in that row 6 is "premium" with extra legroom + priority boarding, does that mean it's wrong and I'll still end up with no extra legroom? Flying PTY-UIO if that matters...
Old Oct 9, 19, 11:09 am

Originally Posted by CruiserCLE View Post
If the website shows at check-in that row 6 is "premium" with extra legroom + priority boarding, does that mean it's wrong and I'll still end up with no extra legroom? Flying PTY-UIO if that matters...
Wondering this myself for an upcoming flight from LAX to PTY.

Search this Thread