Wiki Posts
Search

Copa seat question

Search this Thread

Old Jan 17, 2013, 12:23 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA, UA, GE
Copa seat question

We are flying ORD-PTY soon. As a MileagePlus Gold, I have seats in row 5 book as they were listed as extra leg room seats on the Copa seat assignment map.

I just looked at seatguru and it says that row 5 on a 737-700 has restricted leg room.

Seatguru's accuracy is hit or miss so I am unsure if I should move to another row. Does anyone have any input on this?

Thanks
Old Jan 17, 2013, 10:14 pm

Programs: Lm silver / MileagePlus / Aadvantage / Amex platinum / stargold points silver
Depends on the aircraft, but must of the time they have extra leg room, but its Copa, I guess you will be upgraded, they generally respect upgrade times.

Originally Posted by cheltzel
We are flying ORD-PTY soon. As a MileagePlus Gold, I have seats in row 5 book as they were listed as extra leg room seats on the Copa seat assignment map.

I just looked at seatguru and it says that row 5 on a 737-700 has restricted leg room.

Seatguru's accuracy is hit or miss so I am unsure if I should move to another row. Does anyone have any input on this?

Thanks
Old Jan 17, 2013, 10:16 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by miranda.mario
Depends on the aircraft, but must of the time they have extra leg room, but its Copa, I guess you will be upgraded, they generally respect upgrade times.
Thanks.

It is the 737-700, the oldest 737 in their fleet.
Old Jan 18, 2013, 10:59 am

Programs: AA-PLT, HH-GLD, PP
I am always happy with a row 5 seat.

Row 5 almost always has a large opening at the bottom of the bulkhead so that you can stretch you legs under the business class seat in front of you. The gap is generally even high enough to allow you to store stuff under the b/c seat in front, though sometimes the FA's do not allow it. Plus, the seat in front cannot recline into your space.

To me, the only better seats in Y on the -700 are 21 A and F, as they have infinite legroom and guaranteed under-seat stowage.
Old Jan 18, 2013, 11:02 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by coolcoil
I am always happy with a row 5 seat.

Row 5 almost always has a large opening at the bottom of the bulkhead so that you can stretch you legs under the business class seat in front of you. The gap is generally even high enough to allow you to store stuff under the b/c seat in front, though sometimes the FA's do not allow it. Plus, the seat in front cannot recline into your space.

To me, the only better seats in Y on the -700 are 21 A and F, as they have infinite legroom and guaranteed under-seat stowage.
Thanks for the detailed response. I'm flying with my wife so we'll take 5C & 5D. I don't care if I have to store something in the overhead a row or two back.
Old Mar 13, 2013, 9:22 am

Programs: SK Gold, ITA Executive, Sixt Diamond, Hertz PC, Avis PC, IHG Platinum
Any suggestions for a good seat in Y on a B738?

Currently have 9D on LIM-PTY and 18C on PTY-SCL [SeatGuru shows row 18 green/good seat/ and then notes, this seat does not recline ]

edit: just realised that 18C is on B73E, and SeatGuru shows that as extra legroom. ^ Will be appreciated for a 7+ hours flight.

Last edited by jms_uk; Mar 13, 2013 at 4:33 pm
Old Mar 16, 2013, 1:26 am

Programs: AA-PLT, HH-GLD, PP
Originally Posted by jms_uk
Currently have 9D on LIM-PTY and 18C on PTY-SCL
I just got off a flight from PTY to MIA on a the older version 738. I was in 5F for 15 minutes* and was really pleased with the huge amount of leg room and, since there is a 12" high cutout in the wall, I was able to put my bag under the business seat in front of me. The leg room was fantastic.

I had been a dedicated exit row flyer for a long time, but I have converted. I really like being in the front of the plane.

*I was only in it for 15 minutes because it turned out I got a battlefield upgrade.
Old Mar 17, 2013, 2:33 am

Programs: SK Gold, ITA Executive, Sixt Diamond, Hertz PC, Avis PC, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by coolcoil
I just got off a flight from PTY to MIA on a the older version 738. I was in 5F for 15 minutes* and was really pleased with the huge amount of leg room and, since there is a 12" high cutout in the wall, I was able to put my bag under the business seat in front of me. The leg room was fantastic.

I had been a dedicated exit row flyer for a long time, but I have converted. I really like being in the front of the plane.

*I was only in it for 15 minutes because it turned out I got a battlefield upgrade.
Thanks for this info. Row 5 is currently occupied/blocked, but that might change at check in.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.