Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Copa | ConnectMiles
Reload this Page >

More devaulation - Paid upgrades @ T-48

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 1, 2017, 8:01 am
Original Poster

Programs: Amex Plat, Hilton Diamond, SPG Gold, Carlson Gold, CM Presidential / *A Gold, Hertz 5*

so sigh, received this just now:

Originally Posted by Copa Email
We would like to invite you to participate in our new business class advanced upgrade program. It allows you to secure your upgrade days ahead of your departure through an offering process.

As a Silver PreferMember, you will continue to receive your complimentary upgrade within 24 hours of your departure, subject to availability. This new program gives you the option to increase your chances of securing an upgrade earlier.

You will receive an invitation email with instructions prior to your departure. Or, you can visit Copa.com and click on the upgrade tab.

A confirmation email on the status of your offer will be sent within 48 hours of departure.

To learn more about our business class advanced upgrade program, click here.
Old Jun 1, 2017, 8:19 pm

Programs: AA 1MM Lifetime Gold, AA Platinum, WS Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Gold
What happens when you click "here"?
Old Jun 1, 2017, 8:40 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Amex Plat, Hilton Diamond, SPG Gold, Carlson Gold, CM Presidential / *A Gold, Hertz 5*
Directed to the FAQ upgrades page:

https://www.copaair.com/en/web/gs/faq-upgrades
Old Jun 2, 2017, 9:27 am
Original Poster

Alright, so Copa called me this morning and someone explained the promotion to me. Apparently this offer is ONLY open to Silver Elites and NOT to general/non members.

Gold and higher will still get comp upgrades at T-48/72/etc. Silver will still get comp upgrades at T-24. General/non members will get notified at ~T-20 (as before) if their bid for an upgrade was successful.

This promotion is allowing Silvers only to bid for an upgrade, and if successful, will be notified at ~T-48 (after golds are comp upgraded). I presume to beat out other Silver elites

Mods, please change the thread title - thanks!
Old Jun 6, 2017, 6:21 pm

My wife and I are flying tomorrow. I was upgraded early yesterday as a Gold, but she still hasn't received an upgrade ~17 hours out from departure as a Silver. It shows 8 available business class seats... Copa has obviously made changes that they aren't sharing because this is similar to what I've experienced on most of my flights this year.
Old Jun 7, 2017, 9:54 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by San2pty
My wife and I are flying tomorrow. I was upgraded early yesterday as a Gold, but she still hasn't received an upgrade ~17 hours out from departure as a Silver. It shows 8 available business class seats... Copa has obviously made changes that they aren't sharing because this is similar to what I've experienced on most of my flights this year.
Updates on this, did she get upgraded and when?

Did you do a dummy booking to see how many seats were left, or just checked the seatmap?

Were you ever on the same PNR for this journey? If you were and split it, who was the party that kept the original PNR?
Old Jun 9, 2017, 6:20 pm

Programs: Copa ConnectMiles Presidental Platinum, Aviana LifeMiles Diamond, United Silver, Marriott Ambassador
I am CM Gold. Something has definitely changed. I was upgraded day of travel for PTY-MEX last Tuesday. At the gate, the agent took away my upgraded seat and said that somebody had paid for an upgrade so they had priority. I pointed out that the Connect Miles terms of service state that I should receive priority as Gold T-48, supposedly those bid for upgrade seats are processed last. The agent told me the bid for upgrades have priority. I was pissed, but what can you do.
Old Jun 29, 2017, 4:59 pm

Programs: DL SM
Hi everyone- I bid on upgrades for several segments of an upcoming trip. I have no status on Connect Miles. Based on my understanding of the previous posts, I can expect that my upgrade will clear at some points after T-24 (if successful). I also understand that if I am not successful in bidding for an upgrade, I will receive an e-mail confirming this.

Do I understand the process correctly? Thanks!
Old Aug 9, 2017, 12:04 am

Programs: AA
CM Silver - 2 for 2 last week. They really make you sweat out now, don't they? Before the change, I would get notified at least the day before and now I get the upgrade at the gate.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.