Copa Online Chat

Old Nov 22, 16, 8:26 pm
Original Poster

Copa Online Chat

So the other night I got on the Copa online customer service chat to see if they could tell me if there were any seats available in Business Class that I could upgrade my family to using miles we have earned (I will be Gold in one more trip and my wife will be Silver after next trip).

Anyway, I ask my question and I am told that with my current Silver status I do not need to pay for an upgrade I will get it automatically if seats are available and I will be notified 8 hours in advance.... Not what I was asking for, and incorrect.

I then explained that I wanted to use miles I have earned to purchase upgrades for my whole family, but I needed to know if any upgrade seats were still available. I was then told that you can not use miles for upgrades, they are only given based on status and that I would be notified 8 hours prior to the flight...or I could call and pay the difference with a credit card.

At this point I assumed the rep was just not understanding what I was asking so I tried to explain better, but she was adamant that you can not use miles to upgrade, only status, and that I would be notified 8 hours prior to the flight... When I replied that the Connect Miles website says the upgrade for this route costs 15K miles and that Silver Status upgrades are 24 hours prior, not 8.... she disconnected me.. lol....

Should have just called ConnectMiles from the start...

Turns out the upgrade seats were available 2 weeks ago, but I didn't have enough miles until last week... now they are gone....
Old Nov 23, 16, 5:37 am

Programs: UA Gold, CM nada
I've found the chat to be a quite helpful feature, as it's often faster and easier than a phone call with menu navigation and hold times.

Once though it was like your experience, and the agent's response was circular and meaningless. It was obvious the agent was just following some sort of script or flowchart and didn't really understand what was going on.

Of course, that also happens in person at times too.
Old Dec 29, 16, 1:57 pm

Programs: Free agent
How can I access this chat?
Old Jan 11, 17, 9:22 am

Programs: UA MM, Hilton, Marriott, Hyatt
Chat feature appears to be gone!

Originally Posted by miamiflyer8 View Post
How can I access this chat?
I have been trying for days to get seat assignments via CoPA's website and keep getting "an application error." COPA is a lovely airline to fly but far from great when there are issues and/or direct contact is necessary. I used to find the chat feature very helpful....now it seems like I need to make a call to get my seat assignments. Sigh..
Old Feb 3, 17, 6:36 am

Programs: UA Gold, CM nada
Finally found the chat

On the "manage my bookings" page, at the bottom, finally saw the small link for "online chat".
Attached Images  

Search this Thread