Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Copa | ConnectMiles
Reload this Page >

Cash Ticket combining COPA and United

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 21, 2016, 8:15 am
Original Poster

I am trying to find a ticket for my older parents, RT Kansas City to Lima. They dread the idea of a red eye, but do not mind an overnight in a hotel along the way.

Getting there with one stop is easy, and the best flights are on united. Getting back is a bit of a challenge since airlines prefer the red eye option for the Peru to USA route. I did find a very good route for them on COPA though, LIM > PTY > IAH. They can then overnight and then catch one of the abundant and cheap IAH >MCI flights the next day.

Booking these two flights one-way is cost prohibitive, and I am not getting the partner flight to show up when searching on either airlines web page when searching cash fares to take advantage of round trip fares.

Does anyone have any recommendations for booking this as a roundtrip?

Although they do have some points, they only have enough for saver awards which are not available for the dates.

Thanks, and sorry if this is a topic that has come up before, I looked but did not see it.
Old Sep 21, 2016, 8:49 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by nathico
Does anyone have any recommendations for booking this as a roundtrip?
Yes, you can pull this combination up by searching for the roundtrip on Google Flights, then click the link to book on UA.

It's going to be expensive though. Probably a fare combinability problem (CM fare basically pricing as a one-way, rather than as part of a round-trip).
Old Sep 21, 2016, 10:10 am
Original Poster

Thanks, that is still cheaper than two one way tickets, so an option.

I may just have them rt from Miami with two overnights. But they can get good direct flights from there.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.