Flight 660 UIO -> BOG cancelled?

Old Sep 4, 16, 2:21 am
Original Poster

Programs: Lost all status due to flying less to tackle the climate emergency
Flight 660 UIO -> BOG cancelled?

Hello all. I received the email below, which was only in Spanish, having used Google translate it seems to suggest they are no longer flying flight 660. Is this right and what can I expect them to do? It's only a month to go before my trip and I chose this one because of the very specific timings. A bit poor that they only emailed me in Spanish - I could have easily turned up expecting to fly.

- - - -
Reciba un cordial saludo, de antemano expresamos nuestras sinceras disculpas por los contratiempos ocasionados con la novedad operacional en el vuelo 660.

El motivo es para informarle que su vuelo 660 en la ruta Quito (UIO) – Bogotá (BOG) fue cancelado. Agradecemos nos confirme un número de contacto (Número Telefónico) donde podamos ubicarlo, para brindar las opciones de reacomodación por parte la aerolínea o si desea contactarnos lo puede realizar teniendo en cuenta el país desde donde se encuentra a los siguientes números telefónicos dar click Aquí.<http://www.copaair.com/sites/cc/es/acerca-de-copa-airlines/pages/centros-reservaciones.aspx>
Cordialmente,
Zulma Amaya Camacho

Scheduled Changes Department –|Back Office Call Center|

Copa Airlines| www.copaair.com<http://www.copaair.com/> | [email protected]

Last edited by mrblanco; Sep 4, 16 at 2:22 am Reason: Formatting
Old Sep 4, 16, 4:05 am

Ask CM to be transfed to a direct Avianca UIO - BOG flight, or be rerouted via PTY with COPA.
Old Sep 4, 16, 6:04 am

Originally Posted by mrblanco View Post
... A bit poor that they only emailed me in Spanish - I could have easily turned up expecting to fly...
Well, a company from a Spanish speaking country cancelling the flight between two cities in Spanish speaking countries and e-mailing in Spanish to a customer with a Spanish sounding name, certainly a little silly, but still... On the other hand, if you had turned up at the airport expecting to fly after receiving an email from the airline containing the sentence vuelo 660 en la ruta Quito (UIO) – Bogotá (BOG) fue cancelado, that would have been equally silly.
Old Sep 4, 16, 10:12 am
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K 1MM; AS MVPG75K; Marriott Titanium; Hilton Diamond (Aspire); Hyatt Refugeeist
At least they notified you. United doesn't.
Old Sep 4, 16, 2:50 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by KLouis View Post
Well, a company from a Spanish speaking country cancelling the flight between two cities in Spanish speaking countries and e-mailing in Spanish to a customer with a Spanish sounding name, certainly a little silly, but still... On the other hand, if you had turned up at the airport expecting to fly after receiving an email from the airline containing the sentence vuelo 660 en la ruta Quito (UIO) – Bogotá (BOG) fue cancelado, that would have been equally silly.
Thanks all, will try tomorrow.

Haha indeed, you have a point KLouis. Perhaps a touch of English speaker arrogance there! My name isn't quite as Spanish in real life though
Old Sep 25, 16, 3:18 am
Original Poster

Sorry I've been slow to report back on this. After a lot of time on the phone they refused to put me on a direct flight with a different carrier. My options were changing days or flying via Panama (5 1/2 hour trip instead of 1 1/2). I shuffled my plans and switched days as I'm already doing so much flying on the trip I couldn't face the connecting flight.

Not sure if I should be happy with this or not really? As cancelling a flight with 1 1/2 months to go must be a relatively rare event I don't see why they couldn't put me on another carrier to keep me happy. They have basically changed their schedule to save money and cost me (hotel bookings etc).

If it was further in advance it wouldn't have been as much of an issue because I could cancel and re-book on another carrier, but being close to the ravel date means their prices have all gone up significantly.

It's not the end of the world, but is one of those frustrating situations

Search this Thread