Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Status Upgrade or Bid, Priority?

Search this Thread

Old Nov 6, 2016, 8:35 pm
Original Poster

So an update on my October trip with my daughter. I called before the first leg and asked about splitting out reservation, but since she is a minor they said they couldn't do it. We got on upgrade list at check-in but no luck.

Day before we returned I got an email that I had received a status upgrade for the return flight? I checked and they had split our reservation? When we checked in for flight at LAX we were told that it was a full flight but they would put my daughter on standby list... As we were boarding I asked at the gate and was told "there might be a seat" and to go to the back with my daughter and wait. When we boarded I mention to the FA that I was waiting for a possible upgrade for my daughter and that I was going to back with her to her seat and wait. I was quickly and rather rudely told that Business Class was full and that he would help me trade seats with someone next to my daughter.
As soon as someone sat in the seat next to my daughter the FA came back and gave the lady my Business Class seat... We were in row 7 and I could see 2 empty seats up front... Eventually one of them filled, then as the doors were closing the gate agent came on and grabbed a man in front of us and moved him up to the remaining seat in row 2....

So close.... It almost felt like the FA didn't want a 5 year old up front...

Before I had status I always ended up in Business class either by bidding for upgrade on Copa or just buying Business/First on United. Since I reached Silver I have made two trips and since both were with wither my daughter or my son, I have been stuck in coach.... My next trip in 3 weeks will be solo so hopefully the Status Upgrade will happen.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.