Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Soft landing for copa status?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 14, 2017, 10:35 pm

Programs: UA GS 1MM, CM PP
Originally Posted by KenInEscazu
Waiting until 03/01/2017 is (ostensibly) the only way to know. This assumes that the page updates correctly on that date. You really won't know until the card changes, and it will be on that day if all works as advertised.

When you say "minimal activity," may I ask how minimal that was? They were quite generous with the program launch period of 18 months and status granting from M+ flyers, and I think they also received more status matches than originally expected. Seems like they stopped offering those at some point, but I'm not certain.
I was one of the M+ status matches and ended up crediting only one round trip from USA to PTY in 2016. So I haven't even earned silver. Mostly I enjoyed actually being able to enter United Clubs by having a foreign Star Alliance gold card. Never used any of the upgrade certificates that came with the status. I did intend to have more panama flight activity this year for business but things didn't shake out as expected.

So I'm just hoping but by no means expecting a soft landing. If I do not get the status, I will most likely fly UA to panama in the future due to CPUs with my UA status.
Old Feb 27, 2017, 9:35 pm

Looks like no soft landing. A few of my accounts, formerly Platinum, are now showing Member (left column). And it isn't even 2/28 or 3/1 yet!

Old Feb 27, 2017, 11:10 pm

Originally Posted by mcdullhk88
Looks like no soft landing. A few of my accounts, formerly Platinum, are now showing Member (left column). And it isn't even 2/28 or 3/1 yet!

Lol "few".... but same here no soft landing with Copa and was matched.
Old Mar 1, 2017, 7:02 am

Originally Posted by DLDFW
Lol "few".... but same here no soft landing with Copa and was matched.
Haha "few" as in the accounts I manage in my household.
Old Mar 4, 2017, 5:52 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: QF, VA, AC, Hyatt, Marriott
I came to the Copa forum to ask the same question.

I fell from high: Platinum to zip.
Old Mar 11, 2017, 3:13 pm

Programs: AA-PLT, HH-GLD, PP
Same happened to me. I was matched to PP when the program started, but had moved to AA since I wanted to be on an airline where I could use my status for the whole trip. I only took one short RT to Panama last year. I did book a trip for last week MDE-PTY-MEX prior to my status expiring. To my surprise, I was upgraded on 3 of the 4 legs even though my status had changed to member.

I will say that the entire experience was fairly pleasant, except for the overcrowded club. I would consider going back to CM if I become unhappy with AA.
Old Feb 20, 2023, 6:41 am

Programs: AA
Has anything happened in regards to "soft landings" since this thread was first created?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.