Soft landing for copa status?

Old Aug 11, 16, 8:39 pm
Original Poster

Programs: vx diamond
Soft landing for copa status?

I heard that copa will implement soft landings for elite status.
Old Aug 11, 16, 9:44 pm

Programs: Amex Plat, Hilton Gold, SPG Gold, Carlson Gold, CM Presidential / *A Gold, Hertz 5*
source? nice if true, as we had 18 months to accrue it for 2017
Old Oct 10, 16, 11:23 am

Programs: Flying Blue Gold, United Premier Silver, Connect Miles Plat, Marriott Plat,
Is this confirmed?

And does anybody know about rollover miles or segments?
Old Dec 18, 16, 1:28 am

Anything on Soft Landing for ConnectMiles? If there is any soft landing, any stipulation like at least one flight with Copa in 2016?
Old Dec 18, 16, 6:20 pm

Programs: TINDER GOLD, STARBUCKS GOLD, COSTCO EXECUTIVE!!
If there's a soft landing I would be really mad at myself for crediting everything to Copa for Gold.
Old Dec 19, 16, 7:13 am

what does 'soft landing' mean?
Old Dec 19, 16, 6:36 pm

Originally Posted by supervillian View Post
what does 'soft landing' mean?
Thatís when flyers who have reached top or mid-tier elite status donít requalify for the following year, but instead of dropping their elite status altogether, the airline simply bumps them down to a lower tier.
Old Jan 4, 17, 10:10 am

Looking at my ConnectMiles dashboard post new year makes me depressed.

I'm currently silver and was 10 segments from *a gold. My trip segment reset (though I kept my current silver status + 37k miles) and I will need to re-qualify for silver (20 segments) + do an additional 20 segments to get to gold.

Doesn't look very attainable to get gold in 12 months, since I MIGHT do 15-20 segments annually.....
Old Jan 4, 17, 12:06 pm

Programs: Flying Blue Gold, United Premier Silver, Connect Miles Plat, Marriott Plat,
I reached 91 segments (so theoretically 1 segment should roll over) but it didnt. Everything is in 0, at least until my flight back from POS is credited.

I think we shall not expect any rollover on this programme.

Soft landing we will only see in 1 year from now, when paople need to REqualify.
Old Jan 5, 17, 12:00 am

Originally Posted by BUMBLES View Post
I received a hard landing.
Last year?
Old Jan 5, 17, 9:00 am
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K 1MM; AS MVPG75K; Marriott Titanium; Hilton Diamond (Aspire); Hyatt Refugeeist
Website indicates I will drop to general member from PP.

Fully earned, with no CM activity last year. They would have been crazy to soft-land me.
Old Jan 7, 17, 12:40 pm

Programs: Lm silver / MileagePlus / Aadvantage / Amex platinum / stargold points silver
Where do you see the status that you will have after february?

is it true that Copa will not send cards anymore? everything will be digital.

Originally Posted by Kacee View Post
Website indicates I will drop to general member from PP.

Fully earned, with no CM activity last year. They would have been crazy to soft-land me.
Old Jan 8, 17, 8:23 pm

Programs: AA EP, CM PP, AV GM, UA Silver, SPG Gold, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Plat, Marriott Plat, Accor Plat
Originally Posted by miranda.mario View Post
Where do you see the status that you will have after february?
After logging in to the Connect Miles Hub, click on "ConnectMiles Card." You should find your new "Valid Through" date there if your status didn't change. If your status went down, you won't see that until your current level expires.
Old Jan 14, 17, 1:29 pm

Programs: UA GS 1MM, CM PP
Originally Posted by KenInEscazu View Post
After logging in to the Connect Miles Hub, click on "ConnectMiles Card." You should find your new "Valid Through" date there if your status didn't change. If your status went down, you won't see that until your current level expires.
So therefore we won't know for sure if a soft landing will occur until after 2/28/17, correct?

For instance, I'm presidential platinum with only minimal activity last year. That status is active and visible on my digital card through 02/2017. But how do I know whether I will be soft-landed to platinum or gold, for instance? Is there any way to tell on the website? It wouldn't show on my digital card now, because that would be downgrading me for two months prior to expiration.
Old Jan 14, 17, 1:44 pm

Programs: AA EP, CM PP, AV GM, UA Silver, SPG Gold, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Plat, Marriott Plat, Accor Plat
Originally Posted by 1015-1k View Post
So therefore we won't know for sure if a soft landing will occur until after 2/28/17, correct?

For instance, I'm presidential platinum with only minimal activity last year. That status is active and visible on my digital card through 02/2017. But how do I know whether I will be soft-landed to platinum or gold, for instance? Is there any way to tell on the website? It wouldn't show on my digital card now, because that would be downgrading me for two months prior to expiration.
Waiting until 03/01/2017 is (ostensibly) the only way to know. This assumes that the page updates correctly on that date. You really won't know until the card changes, and it will be on that day if all works as advertised.

When you say "minimal activity," may I ask how minimal that was? They were quite generous with the program launch period of 18 months and status granting from M+ flyers, and I think they also received more status matches than originally expected. Seems like they stopped offering those at some point, but I'm not certain.

The good news is that any status should at least get you some complimentary upgrades after 02/28/2017. They will have fewer elites this year, no doubt. I have an employee who started receiving CPUs on certain routes quite reliably upon reaching Silver. Once he reached Gold, it improved even further. With fewer elites, that will only improve going forward.

Search this Thread