Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Copa | ConnectMiles
Reload this Page >

WARNING! Travelling with Copa to Jamaica

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 28, 2016, 8:30 am
Original Poster

Programs: Flying Blue Plat, SAS Eurobonus Silver, Connect Miles Gold, Marriott Lifetime Plat, Hyatt Disc.

Guys,

Beacuse of an alleged yellow fever outbreak in certain parts of the world, Jamaican authorities have now begun requesting all incoming passengers from yellow fever hit countries (among them Panama) to provide prove of vaccination against said desease.
It doesnt matter if you are only in transit, you will be refused entry to Jamaica.

On Friday, first day this was enforced, I was held back for 90 mins due to a big chaos in immigration, caused by this enforcement. When I flew back to PTY yesterday, I was told by the station manager that a total 70 passengers had been refused entry over the weekend on flights to KIN and MBJ - and we also had a handful of passengers on the flight to PTY yesterday who had just arrived and had been refused entry.

Make sure you have your vaccination card with you if you plan on travelling to Jamaica, no matter your original destination and transit points!
Old Jun 30, 2016, 10:06 pm

Programs: AA EP, CM PP, AV GM, UA Silver, SPG Gold, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Plat, Marriott Plat, Accor Plat
I fly regularly between Colombia and Costa Rica. Costa Rica started this requirement for Colombian arrivals years ago, and it's still in place.

I learned of the new rule on a flight one afternoon out of BOG (the "old" Eldorado), but I was fortunate enough to find a "doctor" at the airport to give me proof of vaccination for "only" $150 US. It takes ten days for a vaccination to work, so I gladly paid it, boarded my flight and kept that card for about a year until I lost it. I now have a real one.

This vaccination is good for 10 years, and I now protect mine carefully to avoid another airport surprise. It was painless, no side effects and cheap. This is a good thing to note here, as many Copa flyers travel between affected countries and those who require proof of immunization.

Now... Where might I get that Zika vaccination.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.