How to get 15K ConnectMiles

Old Jun 25, 16, 10:13 am
Original Poster

How to get 15K ConnectMiles

Is it true that the only way to earn ConnectMiles from a USA credit card is transfer from Marriott?

Since the CM operated flight from ADZ to PTY nonstop which I am looking to book is available for 15K ConnectMiles (Economy Standard) or 20K (Business Saver), and the same flight requires 20K UA MP Miles (Economy Standard OR Business Saver : same # of miles) and is NOT available using LifeMiles, I would prefer to use ConnectMiles, which at this time I don't have many of!

I checked both SPG and UltimateRewards and neither of those show an option to transfer to ConnectMiles.

I guess I can always splurge for 20K UA miles in Biz for the 1 hour flight!!!
Old Jun 25, 16, 9:40 pm

Programs: AA, UA, BA, Hilton Gold, SPG Gold, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by bosboy73 View Post
Is it true that the only way to earn ConnectMiles from a USA credit card is transfer from Marriott?

Since the CM operated flight from ADZ to PTY nonstop which I am looking to book is available for 15K ConnectMiles (Economy Standard) or 20K (Business Saver), and the same flight requires 20K UA MP Miles (Economy Standard OR Business Saver : same # of miles) and is NOT available using LifeMiles, I would prefer to use ConnectMiles, which at this time I don't have many of!

I checked both SPG and UltimateRewards and neither of those show an option to transfer to ConnectMiles.

I guess I can always splurge for 20K UA miles in Biz for the 1 hour flight!!!
Yes, Copa ConnectMiles is a relatively new frequent flyer program and I believe Marriott is the only loyalty program that transfers to Copa. And of course with Marriott, you have to do large chunks via the travel packages. I'd just do 20k United.
Old Jun 26, 16, 6:44 pm

I will be happy when chase points can be transferred to Copa. I like the 10 percent discount.
Old Jun 30, 16, 5:47 pm

is there any concrete indication copa is going to make an american credit card relationship?

lack of same is a big deal, stuck with UA chase card still.
Old Jul 3, 16, 12:40 am

Programs: AA EP, CM PP, AV GM, UA Silver, SPG Gold, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Plat, Marriott Plat, Accor Plat
Originally Posted by Woofdog123 View Post
is there any concrete indication Copa is going to make an American credit card relationship?

lack of same is a big deal, stuck with UA chase card still.
This is a major gap in the value of ConnectMiles. I have been waiting for this since the program launched. And waiting... And waiting...

Lifemiles now has the same problem, btw. US Bank ended their relationship at the end of each cardholder's June billing cycle. Or the other way around?

Us Bank had rotten customer service and no Forex exemption so buying Avianca tickets or Lifemiles lost value from the fee. I just never used it anywhere outside of the USA.

Let's hope that both resolve the issue sooner better than later. They are frequently the better option to/from Latin America compared to US airlines. Not to mention our need to use them within Latin America.

Search this Thread