Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Copa | ConnectMiles
Reload this Page >

Copa: Complimentary Upgrade Experiences under ConnectMiles

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Copa: Complimentary Upgrade Experiences under ConnectMiles

Search this Thread

Old Dec 17, 2015, 12:37 pm
TPJ

Programs: TK*G (E+), IHG Plat Ambassador
Originally Posted by Kacee
Sounds like CM still using CO systems!
Yes, they still use HP SHARES. Transition to SABRE is planned for early 2017 IIRC.
Old Dec 21, 2015, 4:06 pm

Programs: United 1K, Copa Presidential Plat, Hilton Diamond, Bonvoy Gold
Are your Connectmiles numbers showing in your "manage your booking" pages? For some reason sometimes my number doesn't show even though it is in my reservation when I check in at the airport, when that happens I loose my upgrade as Pres Plat meanwhile silvers get upgrades... Weird!
Old Dec 21, 2015, 4:17 pm

Programs: UA Plat MM, CM Plat, Amex Plat, Hertz CP, Hyatt Globalist, SPG Gold, Vons Club
Originally Posted by KLM671
Are your Connectmiles numbers showing in your "manage your booking" pages? For some reason sometimes my number doesn't show even though it is in my reservation when I check in at the airport, when that happens I loose my upgrade as Pres Plat meanwhile silvers get upgrades... Weird!
Mine have always showed. Have you made the booking on CM when logged into your account? Or did you make the booking eksewhere and added your Connect Miles # at a later time? Just curious..
Old Dec 24, 2015, 6:51 am

Originally Posted by Flying Machine
Mine have always showed. Have you made the booking on CM when logged into your account? Or did you make the booking eksewhere and added your Connect Miles # at a later time? Just curious..
Booked on Copa while logged in, payed at the airport office. We are two in this reservation, one using his UA Mileageplus number (it is showing online) and me using the ConnectMiles (not showing).

I have a flight coming up in 2 hours that has 5 empty seats in Ejecutiva and yet no upgrade as Pres Plat!

I actually went out with some friends working at Copa last night and one of them is working at Connectmiles, they nicknamed him the "problem solver", he said that this is a recurrent issue!
Old Dec 24, 2015, 8:46 am

Programs: UA Explorer card, AA Plat, Copa Plat, IHG Plat,
upgrade email came 80hrs. before flight

I have a flight Sunday 12/27 LIM-PTY and my upgrade email came 80 hrs before the flight. Luckily I asked Connect miles CSR questions about their process as there were 3 of us on the same reservation. She said myupgrade would not clear unless she split me off to a separate reservation. I said OK and it worked. To upgrade a companion I understand it can only be requested at check-in at the airport. I wonder if I can ask fro companion on the second leg of the trip or not? Anyone have experience with this
Old Dec 24, 2015, 10:50 am

Programs: UA Plat MM, CM Plat, Amex Plat, Hertz CP, Hyatt Globalist, SPG Gold, Vons Club
Booked on Copa while logged in, payed at the airport office. We are two in this reservation, one using his UA Mileageplus number (it is showing online) and me using the ConnectMiles (not showing).

I have a flight coming up in 2 hours that has 5 empty seats in Ejecutiva and yet no upgrade as Pres Plat!

I actually went out with some friends working at Copa last night and one of them is working at Connectmiles, they nicknamed him the "problem solver", he said that this is a recurrent issue!
(2) PAX on the same PNR? If so, one with CM Account and another with UA.. Perhaps thats the issue.. They will surely upgrade you at the airport, no? Please let us know how it turned out.. Thanks and Safe Travels
Old Dec 24, 2015, 10:52 am

Originally Posted by rrohio
I have a flight Sunday 12/27 LIM-PTY and my upgrade email came 80 hrs before the flight. Luckily I asked Connect miles CSR questions about their process as there were 3 of us on the same reservation. She said myupgrade would not clear unless she split me off to a separate reservation. I said OK and it worked. To upgrade a companion I understand it can only be requested at check-in at the airport. I wonder if I can ask fro companion on the second leg of the trip or not? Anyone have experience with this
From What I read this is the correct way. CM member should be separate and they add the companion at the airport on day of departure. Thanks and Safe Travels
Old Dec 27, 2015, 7:48 am

(2) PAX on the same PNR? If so, one with CM Account and another with UA.. Perhaps thats the issue.. They will surely upgrade you at the airport, no? Please let us know how it turned out.. Thanks and Safe Travels
This last reservation went like this:

YUL-PTY dec 23

PTY-SAP dec 24

SAP-PTY-YUL jan...

In YUL the check in agent separated the reservation, no upgrade on YUL-PTY as it was sold out (Copa is offering upgrades for sale days before).

In PTY I checked in and agent said reservation had been split in YUL but for some reason my account wasn't added to upgrade list, she had to do it manually. I asked why and she had no clue. Went to Copa Club and they said my number should put me on upgrade list automatically, but advised to call ConnectMiles center from the business center, I did so, 5 times actually! The first time I got an agent that said he would add me to list, then the line fell. The next 3 agents were kind of clueless giving me different explanations or reasons why I wouldn't get the upgrades etc... The last agent said she would bring the issue to her supervisors and email me as something is wrong in my account. My flight started boarding and I went to gate. Asked about upgrade and they upgraded me at the gate. Now I've been advised to call Copa a few days before my return to be added to the upgrade list as it doesn't look like the system will add me automatically.

We'll see what happens on the return!
Old Dec 27, 2015, 12:30 pm

This last reservation went like this:

YUL-PTY dec 23

PTY-SAP dec 24

SAP-PTY-YUL jan...

In YUL the check in agent separated the reservation, no upgrade on YUL-PTY as it was sold out (Copa is offering upgrades for sale days before).

In PTY I checked in and agent said reservation had been split in YUL but for some reason my account wasn't added to upgrade list, she had to do it manually. I asked why and she had no clue. Went to Copa Club and they said my number should put me on upgrade list automatically, but advised to call ConnectMiles center from the business center, I did so, 5 times actually! The first time I got an agent that said he would add me to list, then the line fell. The next 3 agents were kind of clueless giving me different explanations or reasons why I wouldn't get the upgrades etc... The last agent said she would bring the issue to her supervisors and email me as something is wrong in my account. My flight started boarding and I went to gate. Asked about upgrade and they upgraded me at the gate. Now I've been advised to call Copa a few days before my return to be added to the upgrade list as it doesn't look like the system will add me automatically.

We'll see what happens on the return!
Thanks for the update. Glad to hear at leas 1 leg was upgraded. Personally, I like to keep my PNR Seperate when seeking upgrades. Just my personal bias.. Good luck on the return.. UA has issues with SHARES and 2 PAX on the same PNR thus my basis for concern.. Are both reservations on seperate PNR's now?
Old Dec 27, 2015, 8:05 pm

Thanks for the update. Glad to hear at leas 1 leg was upgraded. Personally, I like to keep my PNR Seperate when seeking upgrades. Just my personal bias.. Good luck on the return.. UA has issues with SHARES and 2 PAX on the same PNR thus my basis for concern.. Are both reservations on seperate PNR's now?
Both agents on the ground and on the phone told me they were separated, when I go online we are still on the same booking number... I have no idea what to believe...
Old Jan 1, 2016, 4:19 pm

Programs: United Premier 1K, Hilton Diamond, Bonvoy Gold, AmEx Plat
Has anyone here been able to score an upgrade by using their ConnectMiles number and then changed their FF# to their MP# to post the miles there?
Old Jan 8, 2016, 8:19 am

Programs: Flying Blue Plat, SAS Eurobonus Silver, Connect Miles Gold, Marriott Lifetime Plat, Hyatt Disc.
Complementary upgrade tonight from PTY to POS. I'm yet not to receive a complimentary upgrade since ConnectMiles was introduced.

(but I did have a few award flights in Y booked with UA miles)
Old Jan 13, 2016, 12:41 pm

Programs: Costco Executive, RaceTrac Sultan of Soda, Chick-fil-A Red
Originally Posted by joseeantonior
Has anyone here been able to score an upgrade by using their ConnectMiles number and then changed their FF# to their MP# to post the miles there?
I don't think so. The vouchers issued by Copa can be only used on specific fares. Technically it would work to use a voucher and then change to MP at the gate. Copa elites do not have access to the regular upgrade list.

The main reason people are matching from United to Copa is for Club access. Just put your MP# in your booking and keep it there and just show your ConnectMiles card at the Club.
Old Jan 14, 2016, 10:00 am

Programs: Amex Plat, Hilton Diamond, SPG Gold, Carlson Gold, CM Presidential / *A Gold, Hertz 5*
Originally Posted by miamiflyer8
I don't think so. The vouchers issued by Copa can be only used on specific fares. Technically it would work to use a voucher and then change to MP at the gate. Copa elites do not have access to the regular upgrade list.
You have vastly confused what the quoted poster is referring to. The answer to his question is "Yes".

What vouchers are you talking about? I have been CPUd on every Copa flight I have taken apart from 1, which was a last minute booking where F was already full. I normally buy tickets a couple of months in advance to take advantage of their promo fares (L, etc class), never not been upgraded with them
Old Jan 14, 2016, 6:17 pm

Programs: Flying Blue Plat, SAS Eurobonus Silver, Connect Miles Gold, Marriott Lifetime Plat, Hyatt Disc.
Originally Posted by Milkman
Complementary upgrade tonight from PTY to POS. I'm yet not to receive a complimentary upgrade since ConnectMiles was introduced.

(but I did have a few award flights in Y booked with UA miles)
Upgraded on the return flight as well, 72 hours before departure.

Next flights are in 2 weeks, let's see what happens.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.