Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Copa | ConnectMiles
Reload this Page >

COPA new FF program -- ConnectMiles -- where to discuss?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

COPA new FF program -- ConnectMiles -- where to discuss?

Search this Thread

Old May 21, 2015, 10:39 am

Programs: UA 1K, 1.1MM
Originally Posted by MarkyMarc
Got the same thing last night (although Silver since flying UA to SCL now). But, piece of cake and will see how this goes...
So are only 1Ks getting these invitations?
Old May 26, 2015, 8:34 am

Programs: UA Gold, LANPASS Gold, AerolineasPlus Gold
I am MP silver right now and got invitation for ConnectMiles silver. The good thing is that it´s valid through 02/2017. And after completing the profile got 3000 miles. Being based in EZE I am really considering moving my *A miles to this program.
Old Jun 6, 2015, 12:47 am

Programs: MileagePlus
Cool 1k MP and no invitation

I'm 1K and so is my wife. We have flown every segment of the last four years together. Some of our trips to Colombia were on Copa, but most were on United through Houston, connecting to Copa or Avianca.

She received her invitation as Presidential Platinum on the first day of the rollout. She is a Colombian citizen. I have not yet received an invitation. I am a US citizen.

I'm not sure if citizen or gender has anything to do with the method of invites. But everything else is identical. Perhaps it is just random? Or perhaps by last name? She kept her maiden name, which starts with a B. I am further down the alphabet chain as an R.

Who knows?!?!? Or does it even matter....
Old Jun 6, 2015, 10:07 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by OrangeTiger1998
Who knows?!?!? Or does it even matter....
There's a theory in another thread that a batch of invites went out early by accident. Copa Announces ConnectMiles.

It's also possible that CM will completely bungle this process. Their IT and CS are awful.

I'm also a 1K with a fair number of CM purchases over the last four years, including some D fares on LAX-PTY (although nothing since October 2013, when they stranded me in Colombia). No invite.
Old Jun 6, 2015, 8:03 pm

Programs: AA EP, CM PP, AV GM, UA Silver, SPG Gold, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Plat, Marriott Plat, Accor Plat
They said that they were going to be looking at activity in the first half of the year to determine status. That seems a bit challenging, as they started sending the invites early.

I had a few paid CM flights this year, but not all were completed when I got my invite to PP. Glad to have that out of the way, and now to have 18 months to qualify again is nice.

As Kacee said, Copa's IT is awful. CS is, too, unless you escalate. They are really going to have to get their act together, or this has the potential to be a nightmare.

If ConnectMiles status was something I was hoping for, yet I had not yet received it, I would wait until the general enrollment begins to be concerned about it. My history the two years prior was pretty heavy on CM, so I'm not surprised that I got the early invite - If they are looking back farther than January 1, 2015, and that almost certainly has to be so in my case.
Old Jun 6, 2015, 9:35 pm

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by KenInEscazu
My history the two years prior was pretty heavy on CM, so I'm not surprised that I got the early invite - If they are looking back farther than January 1, 2015, and that almost certainly has to be so in my case.
I'm glad to hear they're taking care of you.

The odd thing is that several people in the other thread report being offered a match to Gold or PP despite virtually no history of flying with CM.
Old Jun 6, 2015, 9:47 pm

Programs: AA EP, CM PP, AV GM, UA Silver, SPG Gold, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Plat, Marriott Plat, Accor Plat
Originally Posted by Kacee
...several people in the other thread report being offered a match to Gold or PP despite virtually no history of flying with CM.
My first thought is that they are possibly looking at people known to live in the region. Then I realized that you certainly live in their region, so that doesn't compute. Wish I could share my good fortune.

Status matches to Avianca might also be an option for some, assuming there isn't some *A agreement to prevent inter-alliance poaching. While I personally prefer Copa over Avianca on most routes where they compete, there is still the likelihood of an IT meltdown in all of this.

AV's IT is bad, but it will probably look cutting edge compared to what CM launches after they move from the 19th century phone-in system.
Old Jun 10, 2015, 7:37 am

Programs: IB/Aegean/ * G, AZ/UA/CM* Plat, Hyatt/Accor/IHG *G, Global Entry
Best Strategy btw allocating miles to UA/CM

I'm currently Gold on Mileageplus and I have been awarded Gold on the new Connect Miles program. Living in Panama, I mostly fly Copa. I'm only 10k away from getting Platinum on United. Should I keep allocating my miles to Mileageplus until I reach that level? I have 18 months to accumulate miles on Copa though..
Old Jul 7, 2015, 10:16 pm

I got a really sweet offer from ConnectMiles this week. "Earn 50,000 Bonus miles when you complete 10 flight segments on Copa Airlines between July, 1 and September 30, 2015." There is no place I fly which doesn't require a connection via PTY, so that's just 2.5 RTs and kaboom!! Nice way to kick it off, Copa.
Old Jul 8, 2015, 12:25 pm

Programs: UA 1K, 1.1MM
Originally Posted by KenInEscazu
I got a really sweet offer from ConnectMiles this week. "Earn 50,000 Bonus miles when you complete 10 flight segments on Copa Airlines between July, 1 and September 30, 2015." There is no place I fly which doesn't require a connection via PTY, so that's just 2.5 RTs and kaboom!! Nice way to kick it off, Copa.
Nice! I assume it was a targeted email?

I called yesterday to get a status match for Gold. 12 hours later, I got an email confirming it.
Old Jul 8, 2015, 6:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by paraty
I'm currently Gold on Mileageplus and I have been awarded Gold on the new Connect Miles program. Living in Panama, I mostly fly Copa. I'm only 10k away from getting Platinum on United. Should I keep allocating my miles to Mileageplus until I reach that level? I have 18 months to accumulate miles on Copa though..
if you don't plan on flying UA and you do not urgently need RPUs (e.g. for Hawaii travel) I would stick w/ the Copa program considering you are in PTY
Old Jul 8, 2015, 7:35 pm

I would stick with UA to hit Plat, then ask for status match on CM. You can still use your UA RPUs on Copa flights.
Old Jul 9, 2015, 6:33 am

Programs: Amex Plat, Hilton Diamond, SPG Gold, Carlson Gold, CM Presidential / *A Gold, Hertz 5*
Can you get 2 status matches? Or has anyone inquired?

I am silver, but will make UA gold next month. I have a Copa return from PTY - ORD in 2 weeks that I would like a chance for upgrade (looks 50/50 currently). So I would have to get matched to my current silver status first. Was wondering if they would then "upgrade" me to gold when I hit UA gold in august
Old Jul 9, 2015, 6:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
I would stick with UA to hit Plat, then ask for status match on CM. You can still use your UA RPUs on Copa flights.
will depend if they allow that after matching already. Also, 100% earning on Copa could make a difference depending on the what the OP is flying.
Old Jul 15, 2015, 1:57 pm

I'd take a wild shot and call Copa requesting Platinum right away. Explain them your case and tell them you already have a flight booked. You may get lucky.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.