Community
Wiki Posts
Search

COPA bonus MileagePlus PQMs

Search this Thread

Old Nov 8, 2013, 10:10 am

If it's 90 days then I will go over to 2014. I was counting on the 25% bonus to go over UA platinum mark this year. Will the platinum status get activated retroactively even if it's 2014?
Old Nov 8, 2013, 11:37 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by leonidas
If it's 90 days then I will go over to 2014. I was counting on the 25% bonus to go over UA platinum mark this year. Will the platinum status get activated retroactively even if it's 2014?
Wow I would totally not rely on the Copa bonus miles to clear a premier level. That is a big headache just waiting to happen.
Old Nov 9, 2013, 11:52 am

Programs: AA-PLT, HH-GLD, PP
Originally Posted by leonidas
These are educated guesses on my part, but I am pretty sure this is correct:

1) COPA and UA will run an audit prior to the end of the calendar year to clean up the missing bonus miles.

2) The miles will be credited on the date flown. Even if they do not actually credit until after 2013, they will credit for the 2013 year, and you will get any status bump due. I base this on the fact that this is how UA handles things when a member has a flight in the last week of December that does not credit until after January 1.

So, I am pretty sure that you will get your bump to Plat.
Old Jan 20, 2014, 5:01 am

Programs: UA 1K
Has CM discontinued this offer for 2014? I don't see it on their new Web site.
Old Jan 20, 2014, 6:19 am

Originally Posted by mherdeg
Has CM discontinued this offer for 2014? I don't see it on their new Web site.
It appears that the 25% bonus program is still on. I received the bonus for a flight on January 12. It only took 6 days to post. That said, I also flew on 1/1 and 1/4. The base miles for those flights took more than two weeks to post, and no bonus PQM yet. I assume that will get fixed by an audit in the not-to-distant future.
Old Jan 24, 2014, 2:51 pm

Email from COPA that 25% program is on for 2014

I received a mass email from COPA that says the program is on for 2014. I posted the details in the United Forum here:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/unite...l#post22216159
Old Nov 28, 2014, 4:28 pm

Programs: UA Plat MM, CM Plat, Amex Plat, Hertz CP, Hyatt Globalist, SPG Gold, Vons Club
Old Thread, New Question. COPA Purchased Ticket and posting to UA MP Accrual. How long does it take to post. I reach a new Premier Level when they post (Platinum) and want them for my Early December Return for COPA CPU Upgrade Potential. Was 0/2 on my outbound as a Gold.. Bummer..
Old Nov 29, 2014, 4:00 pm

Programs: Flying Blue Plat, SAS Eurobonus Silver, Connect Miles Gold, Marriott Lifetime Plat, Hyatt Disc.
In my experience this can take anything from 2 days to one week. There is no real rule of thumb, unfortunately.

Good luck getting a complimentary upgrade, depending on the route you stand a good chance as gold member. I have an excellent upgrade ratio with Copa this year.
Old Jan 24, 2015, 9:57 pm
eap

Programs: AS MVP 75K, UA 1MM
Originally Posted by Milkman
In my experience this can take anything from 2 days to one week. There is no real rule of thumb, unfortunately.
Is there rhyme or reason to how miles post?

In my case, after 1 week, COPA has posted the fourth of four segments, but not the first three.
Old Feb 2, 2015, 9:15 am

Programs: TK G,UA *S
I read here that the 25% bonus is something coming after a couple of days.
In my case I was told to wait 6 weeks after the journey end.

Well I will have to travel in this period and due to this delay I will not be able to get gold advantages. Even contacting CM customer relation did not help much until now.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.