Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Clarification Re: New Mileathon

Search this Thread

Old Sep 1, 2009, 1:07 pm
jtb

Programs: SPG, AS, AA, CO
Registration and confirmation w/o a hitch !
Old Sep 1, 2009, 2:19 pm

ill be getting a chase debit card through wamu (now chase) at the end of october....

how do i sign up for the debit card to get the award points??? i am sure chase is going to have their way ; but do i have specifically go through continental's site or something??
Old Sep 1, 2009, 4:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL Diamond, B6 Mosaic, AS MPV Gold, UA Gold MM, Marriott Plat, SPG Plat, Nat'l Exec Elite
Originally Posted by playsccr
how do i sign up for the debit card to get the award points??? i am sure chase is going to have their way ; but do i have specifically go through continental's site or something??
You don't have to do anything with CO. Just give Chase your OnePass number when you open the account or get the debit card on an existing account.
Old Sep 1, 2009, 5:09 pm

Programs: Marriott Gold
I also find it strange that my $3,000 A fare gets me nothing while a non-Y/B fare still pays out. Sorry, not going to pay $9,000 for a J fare IAH-LHR.
Old Sep 1, 2009, 5:09 pm
Formerly known as fsa_ea

Programs: UA GS/1MM,AS 75k,NK GLD,AA 2MM,DL 2MM,LH FT,AY PLT,IC RA,FMT LT PLT,HYT GLB,HLT DIA,MRT GLD,HRTZ PC
Originally Posted by playsccr
but do i have specifically go through continental's site or something??
You must sign up with a person in a branch.
Old Sep 1, 2009, 5:11 pm

Originally Posted by fsa_ea
You must sign up with a person in a branch.
thank you , do i need to present something to them? or just by signing up i get the points?
Old Sep 1, 2009, 6:35 pm

Programs: CO Plat, Starwood Plat, Hyatt Plat, Hilton Diamond, CO Pres. Plus, Hertz #1 Gold
Thanks, Scott. Just got home from my trans-con flight and I was able to register for Mileathon.

Now, how about including A fares?! It makes no sense that much of a spend is left off the table.
Old Sep 1, 2009, 7:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Between AUS, EWR, and YTO In a little twisty maze of airline seats, all alike.. but I wanna go home with the armadillo
Programs: CO, NW, & UA forum moderator emeritus
Originally Posted by CO Insider
this is the first time we're opening Mileathon participation to all OnePass members residing in the Mainland U.S. (48 contiguous states). Enjoy!
Hmm ... I may just have to move back from YouRope...
Old Sep 1, 2009, 8:02 pm

Programs: SPG LT Plat/P100, UA 1K 1MM
Is it just the day of registration that matters? For example, I bought two tickets this morning and then registered for the Mileathon this afternoon (I know, bad idea). From the wording it sounds like as long as I registered on the same day, I should be fine. Thanks!
Old Sep 1, 2009, 10:59 pm
Company Representative, United Airlines

The bad news and good news about A fares...

Originally Posted by ijgordon
Why aren't "A" fares included in any of the credit-earning activities at all?
Hi ijgordon, as with previous Mileathon versions, we'll typically leave out the most heavily discounted fare classes for each cabin. While A fares are higher than most Economy Class fares, they're still considered a deeply-discounted front cabin fare.

If you're buying an A class fare for travel a little further out, there's some good news. Next month, we'll be retiring the letter A from our fare class lineup, and the fares currently sold as A class will turn into Z class for travel on or after Oct. 25, 2009. This means if you buy an A class fare for Oct. 25 or later, your booking will be converted into Z class and you'll get the corresponding Z class Mileathon credit. If you're traveling Oct. 24 or before, however, you're out of luck.

Originally Posted by ijgordon
And why is Scott working an all-nighter?
For the love of the game, baby. The love of the game.
Old Sep 1, 2009, 11:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OMNIArchist, OMNIArchy!, OMNIIDGAS
For the love of the game, baby. The love of the game.
It is true then you are also a FlyerTalk addict.

thanks for keeping us informed and aware of the A to Z change as well.
Old Sep 2, 2009, 6:17 am

Programs: CO Plat, Starwood Plat, Hyatt Plat, Hilton Diamond, CO Pres. Plus, Hertz #1 Gold
Hi Everyone, sorry for the false start. You should now be able to register for this promotion at continental.com/mileathon.
Hi, Scott. Now that I’ve recovered from my travel West - a question. I wasn’t able to register until after I took my transcon flight, though I tried to do so before the trip. Any chance of a one-way credit showing up retroactively?
Old Sep 2, 2009, 6:40 am

Programs: DL DM, 1.5MM, NEXUS, Sky Club Lifetime, Admirals Club Lifetime, LowValueCustomer everywhere
Scott has discovered that there are 24 hours in the day - and then there's the NIGHT!
Old Sep 2, 2009, 6:50 am

economics of participating in the mileathon

This is my first time participating in the mileathon and so I ran through the potential benefit for me from the program. Let me note all my travel is personal and funded by me. I saw that the discounted fare classes are not included in this promotion. I did some research to see if there was a benefit to buying up to a fare class within the promotion to earn points.

My example:
I am flying PHL-IAH-AUS roundtrip the last weekend in September (Fri-Mon) at $220 ai (fare class L, not included in the promo).

As a Gold elite I will earn ~6,000 RDM's for the trip. I priced a few options if I were to buy up to another class to also earn mileathon points (not sure about the change fee, but I am going to disregard it at this point)

Granted it is closer to the travel date but the lowest fare I found within the promotion is $437 ai on a U fare, a difference of $217. Let's say I buy up to earn points...if I am correct I will earn 8 for the ticket, 2 for booking on co.com, and 2 for checking in online for a total of 12 points.

If that was the extent of my travel during the promo I would gain 6,000 RDM's from my trip and 1,000 bonus RDM's from the promo.

However, lets say I decide to use the $217 and fly a second trip PHL-IAH-DFW in the middle of October. I priced the trip at $277 ai on a T fare, so I would have to pay an additional $60. But in doing so I would earn ~6,200 RDMs.

If I participate in the mileathon I will net ~7,000 RDMs
If I do not participate I will net ~12,200 RDMs

Sorry CO I understand the reasoning behind not including deeply discounted fare classes, but I don't think I will participating this time around. Yes, I am sure for the people who travel far more than me and will potentially gain 25,000+ bonus RDM's this promo makes perfect sense, but for someone like me, not so much.
Old Sep 2, 2009, 9:10 am

Wirelessly posted (palm: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 8.12; MSIEMobile 6.0) Sprint Treo850e)

wondering what will i get out of this.
i have 2 pers. chkng accts. with chase and one at key bank.all non-co branded debit cards.if i switch them all over will i get 20 for each or there is some limit....
my second quest. is -to receive the 30 points for cont. credit card does it have to be a new one-or can i switch my freedom into a continental credit card(w/o a new acct. pf course)and receive those points.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.