FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA, AA, B6, BA, Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott, IHG, SPG
Originally Posted by elonepb
Registration just worked for me.
Not for me a few minutes ago
Old Sep 1, 2009, 9:28 am
Company Representative, United Airlines

Originally Posted by CO Insider
Hi From NYC, we're aware of the issue, and it should be corrected later this morning.
Hi Everyone, sorry for the false start. You should now be able to register for this promotion at continental.com/mileathon. As many of you know, this is the first time we're opening Mileathon participation to all OnePass members residing in the Mainland U.S. (48 contiguous states). Enjoy!

For those of you wanting to track your credits... you'll be able to view your Mileathon activity at continental.com/mileathon starting in early October. Our activity postings aren't in real time, but once we do start posting activity it'll be updated every 2-3 weeks. We've done this monthly in the past, but this time it'll be more frequent. If you believe you are missing credits, please contact our OnePass Service Center for assistance.

Originally Posted by USFreak
Edited to add: I just noticed that this mileathon is only good for fares booked at continental.com. CO Insider, those of us who have to book via a corporate travel agent still get no love. I book the required fare classes to get my miles at the 100% level with my TA. This is yet another promotion where those who are required to use an alternative source for travel bookings get messed over.
Hi USFreak, we've got some love for you. You will indeed earn Mileathon credits for booking tickets in qualifying fare classes regardless of channel. We will, however, sweeten the deal with some bonus credits when the tickets are booked at continental.com.

Originally Posted by CO_Nonrev_elite
Sadly for me, this is the third Mileathon in a row that I cannot benefit from. Do Continental not value folks that buy one way tickets ?. I almost never have a round trip, I am always going either one way, or flying out of one and returning from another. This happened two mileathons ago, I bought about 40 trips, and got zip for it.

bummer
Hi CO_Nonrev_elite, in this version of Mileathon, you will indeed earn credit for one-ways. These will post at half of the roundtrip credit. In addition, the bonus credits you get for booking at continental.com will post at full value (the online booking bonus is assigned on a per-ticket basis).

Originally Posted by mnbv
I got the same error message this morning. I bit frustrating as I need to buy two tickets today.
Originally Posted by coMCIua
I can't remember the answer to this. If I booked a B fare last week, but fly next week, do I get credit b/c the flying activity is during the Mileathon period? Or do BOTH booking and flying activity need to be during the Mileathon period? Thanks for your replies.
Hi mnbv and coMCIua, when it comes to booking air tickets, only the travel date needs to occur after registration, not the actual booking.
Old Sep 1, 2009, 10:13 am

Programs: UA Mileage Plus, Hilton HHonors, Starwood Preferred, Kimpton InTouch, VS Flying Club
Hi Everyone, sorry for the false start. You should now be able to register for this promotion at continental.com/mileathon.
Thanks for the update. Everything registered fine now!
Old Sep 1, 2009, 10:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA-2MM; GalacticXpress-Irridium
Success ^
Old Sep 1, 2009, 10:41 am

Location: Midland, by way of Odessa, by way of El Paso, by way of Abuja, by way of Mexico City, by way of...
Programs: Aadvantage Exec Plat, AmEx Platinum, Hilton Diamond, United Club, Admiral's Club
Hi mnbv and coMCIua, when it comes to booking air tickets, only the travel date needs to occur after registration, not the actual booking.
Sweet! I do not have to spend the morning re-booking tickets!
Old Sep 1, 2009, 10:41 am

Programs: UA 1P, CO Plat, MR Plat, SPG Plat, US Dirt
^^^^
Scott, thanks for showing us corporate TA travel bookers some love!!
Old Sep 1, 2009, 10:47 am

Programs: OnePass, MilesPlus, AAdvantage, SkyMiles (unfortunately), PC Plat, HH Silver, Marriott Aluminium
Since nothing says otherwise, I'm assuming these mileathon credit bonuses will be in addition to the usual specific bonus mile deals for such activities as getting a credit card or opening a checking account? For instance, I get the Chase checking account and debit card for the 25,000 mile deal but then I can add on another 2,500 miles thanx to the mileathon activity. Or another 5,000 miles in addition to the usual 25,000 miles for the mastercard. Sounds good to me.
Old Sep 1, 2009, 10:52 am
Moderator: Avis and Rental Cars

Ugh, I opened my Chase account a few weeks ago... that would have netted me a few more miles from this promo. Maybe I'll open a Key Bank somewhere in my travels.
Old Sep 1, 2009, 10:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Why aren't "A" fares included in any of the credit-earning activities at all?

And why is Scott working an all-nighter?
Old Sep 1, 2009, 10:59 am

Programs: CO-Dirt,SPG-Nothing,Marriott-Gold, Hilton-Blue, Hyatt-Plat, HI-Plat
appears the early pushback is now on time
Old Sep 1, 2009, 11:20 am

Location: EWR, USA, AA 1MM Gold, United Premier Gold, Marriott Gold, Hilton Diamond, Emerald Club Executive
Originally Posted by ijgordon
Why aren't "A" fares included in any of the credit-earning activities at all?

And why is Scott working an all-nighter?
+1 I can understand excluding the really cheap Economy fares and I know "A" fares are typically not eligible for promotions, but come on..."A" fares in many cases are more than most Economy fares (maybe not Y or Bs). It is still a published premium cabin fare...and Continental still values it as a high fare by doling out 150% EQM's.

Come on Continental...show the love to the "A" fares!
Old Sep 1, 2009, 11:44 am

Programs: UA GS, SPG Plat
Is that correct? If so, I am canceling an A fare I am holding and re-booking it as a B fare.
Old Sep 1, 2009, 12:12 pm

Programs: bits of shiny plastic w/ varied utility
Thumbs down grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Originally Posted by eagle92
+1 I can understand excluding the really cheap Economy fares and I know "A" fares are typically not eligible for promotions, but come on..."A" fares in many cases are more than most Economy fares (maybe not Y or Bs). It is still a published premium cabin fare...and Continental still values it as a high fare by doling out 150% EQM's.

Come on Continental...show the love to the "A" fares!
+2

Booking this today: SJO-xIAH-MCO-xEWR-HNL-xEWR-MCO-xIAH-SJO

Close to US$4k in revenue but all in "A" and NO Mileathon love.

Maybe I should book cattle car. Hmmm. Ok, no!!!
Old Sep 1, 2009, 12:19 pm

Programs: PC Platinum, SPG Gold, HH Gold
Just registered for it
Old Sep 1, 2009, 1:01 pm

Programs: UA Gold, Marriott Gold
"A" Fares

Originally Posted by 24.05.2004
+2

Booking this today: SJO-xIAH-MCO-xEWR-HNL-xEWR-MCO-xIAH-SJO

Close to US$4k in revenue but all in "A" and NO Mileathon love.

Maybe I should book cattle car. Hmmm. Ok, no!!!
+3
I have two A fare trips totalling over $3000.
Pretty please for Mileathon credit.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.