Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Presidential Plus Flex EQM Question

Search this Thread

Old Jun 13, 2010, 7:30 pm

Programs: UA GS+LT UC, AA EXP+LT PLT, Fairmont LT PLT, Marriott PLT, Hilton DIA, Hyatt Glob, Avis CHM
Originally Posted by RNE
And you didn't get any FEQMs before your anniversary?
Nada.
Old Jun 13, 2010, 7:59 pm

Has it been communicated if June 1 is the new reset date ongoing (for current cardholders, of if there is no reset date, or something else?
Old Jun 13, 2010, 8:02 pm

Programs: UA GS+LT UC, AA EXP+LT PLT, Fairmont LT PLT, Marriott PLT, Hilton DIA, Hyatt Glob, Avis CHM
Originally Posted by jonu
Has it been communicated if June 1 is the new reset date ongoing (for current cardholders, of if there is no reset date, or something else?
The reset day has been eliminated as of June 1.
Old Jun 13, 2010, 10:17 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP 2MM; Marriott Titanium; Hilton Diamond; Hyatt Explorist; Vistana 5* Elite; Nat'l Exec Elite
Originally Posted by RNE
And you didn't get any FEQMs before your anniversary?
Example, if your anniversary was March 1 and through February 28 you had spent $14,900 since your last 2,000 Flex EQMs were awarded, your total spending would reset to $0 at March 1 and you would get no credit for the $14,900 spent.
Old Jun 13, 2010, 11:23 pm

wow not sure why i got 1500; think i spent less than 10k but > 5k on the card since my anniversary date; i'll take it because i had spend 10k the previous anniversary year but didnt hit 15k (i didnt know my year ran from nov - nov instead of jan-dec).
Old Jun 14, 2010, 6:35 am

Originally Posted by controller1
Example, if your anniversary was March 1 and through February 28 you had spent $14,900 since your last 2,000 Flex EQMs were awarded, your total spending would reset to $0 at March 1 and you would get no credit for the $14,900 spent.
However, in this situation, there would have been no surprises. You would have gotten what you were promised. The issue here is for dollars spent between the last annivesary date and June 1, and in this regard, they have done us right. I also received 1,500 FEQM for spend between $5-10k. Very happy with this!
Old Jun 14, 2010, 9:19 am

Programs: UA 1K 1MMer & LT UC (when flying UA); Hyatt Credit Cardist; HHonors Diamond; Marriott Gold via UA 1K
I was about $50 shy of hitting the $15K threshold when I received my May statement. I went over the threshold in mid-May. My flex EQM's should have posted when the miles for my June statement posted, but they did not post. Of course, my spend between mid-May and May 31 was well under the $5K "orphan spending" threshold.

I think my legitimate flex EQM's earned before this change went into effect got lost in a black hole because they did not post prior to June 1. Has this happened to anybody else?

I will give it a few more days before e-mailing We Care.
Old Jun 14, 2010, 2:43 pm

Programs: UA Premier Gold, Starwood Gold, Plat AE, CO PP MC, Marriott Rewards Plat, Virgin Elevate Gold
I too experienced a lot of problems trying to figure out when my anniversary date was, how close I was to the next threshold, etc.

The folks at Chase not much help.

I also recently received an additional 1500 miles and wasnt sure where it came from.

I think the new rules are better. There's NO reset date at all. You simply earn 1000 EQMs for every $5000 spent. Its much easier and makes more sense.

I'll bet part of the change was to make it easier for the Chase folks to explain how the miles are earned!
Old Jun 14, 2010, 4:09 pm
RNE

Originally Posted by caseminole
I think the new rules are better. There's NO reset date at all. You simply earn 1000 EQMs for every $5000 spent. Its much easier and makes more sense. I'll bet part of the change was to make it easier for the Chase folks to explain how the miles are earned!
And the new 3K FEQMs per $15K spend (rather than 2K FEQMs per $15K) makes us that much more likely to route spending through our PP cards. ^
Old Jun 14, 2010, 4:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAPlat; *Gold; Hyatt Diam; SPG Plat; PWP goddess
For everyone who got flex EQMs in the past couple of days, Scott said that this is the 'partial credit' which was pro-rated for spend through May 31st. The new terms (1000 EQMs per $5k spend) became effective on June 1st, so for those of us that were close to the threshold (I believe it's based on 'old' 2000 EQMs per $15K spend) -- received Flex EQMs accordingly. (* I hope I have posted the info. accurately -- if not, I'm sure Scott will weigh-in & correct it!)
Old Jun 18, 2010, 2:49 pm

Thanks to this thread I looked at the flexible elite miles on-line. Saw that I picked up 2000 flex miles earlier this week when my June credit card bill came through - I'm assuming that it is for the ~$11k worth of charges that I had since my last anniversary reset.
Old Jun 20, 2010, 8:44 pm

how often are we supposed to get these deposits?

i've been using it for about a month and a half now with about $25,000 in spending. no deposit of miles as of yet though.
Old Jun 21, 2010, 10:13 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP 2MM; Marriott Titanium; Hilton Diamond; Hyatt Explorist; Vistana 5* Elite; Nat'l Exec Elite
Originally Posted by ichiroll
how often are we supposed to get these deposits?

i've been using it for about a month and a half now with about $25,000 in spending. no deposit of miles as of yet though.
You'll receive the miles shortly after your credit card statement closing date.
Old Jun 22, 2010, 12:40 am

Originally Posted by controller1
You'll receive the miles shortly after your credit card statement closing date.
Just received 20,000 general miles added onto my account dated 6/18 however no Flex Elite Miles. Based on everything I've read I should have received some Flex Elite Miles.

Does anybody know who I need to contact to make sure I get the miles deposited?

Thanks.
Old Jul 27, 2010, 12:20 am

Programs: UA G, *G, Global Entry, Marriott, Hilton, Fairmont, Hyatt, Starwood etc
Question Can FEQMs be used for travel/upgrades, or only for status?

Do the FEQM's count only for status, or can they be used for travel/upgrades etc? The wording is a little ambiguous.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.