Presidential Plus Flex EQM Question

Old Aug 20, 2009, 10:40 pm
Original Poster

Presidential Plus Flex EQM Question

I tried searching, but all I found was discussion/debates about the benefits of the card.

Is there a way to know where you stand with regard to the $15,000 in spending it takes to earn each batch of $2,000 flex EQM's? Also, is there a way to find out when your "year" ends, as your spending towards the next $15k resets at the end of your "year."

My problem is that I upgraded from the standard World MC, and I'm not sure when the spending started counting towards the $15k and the flex EQM's. Until I'm approaching whatever point it is that the counting restarts, it doesn't matter - they can just keep giving me the flex EQM's every now and then, but I'd like to know if I'm about to reset.

I called Chase, and they didn't seem to understand what I was asking (they kept telling me how many RDM's were transferred the previous month), then they told me I could log into my OnePass account to find out (false), then they told me it would be on my credit card statement (also false).

So, does anyone know how to find out where you stand towards the $15k?

Thanks.
Old Aug 21, 2009, 12:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAPlat; *Gold; Hyatt Diam; SPG Plat; PWP goddess
Originally Posted by tvetter01
I tried searching, but all I found was discussion/debates about the benefits of the card.

Is there a way to know where you stand with regard to the $15,000 in spending it takes to earn each batch of $2,000 flex EQM's? Also, is there a way to find out when your "year" ends, as your spending towards the next $15k resets at the end of your "year."

My problem is that I upgraded from the standard World MC, and I'm not sure when the spending started counting towards the $15k and the flex EQM's. Until I'm approaching whatever point it is that the counting restarts, it doesn't matter - they can just keep giving me the flex EQM's every now and then, but I'd like to know if I'm about to reset.

I called Chase, and they didn't seem to understand what I was asking (they kept telling me how many RDM's were transferred the previous month), then they told me I could log into my OnePass account to find out (false), then they told me it would be on my credit card statement (also false).

So, does anyone know how to find out where you stand towards the $15k?

Thanks.
I, too, upgraded to the PP MC from the CO World MC. As far as I know -- there's no way to know where you 'stand' in terms of when the 'year' ends for flex EQM counting purposes. There seems to be a delay in posting miles -- but, from what I've seen of other similiar posts to yours -- there's no easy way to track this progress.

Good luck!^
Old Aug 21, 2009, 6:22 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UA Priemier Gold
You can figure it out. At least I was able to last year.

They know a couple of things that allow you to calculate:

a) Card anniversary date (since it resets to 0 then )

b) total spending since that time.

You can use that to determin where you stand on the 15k spend.

My date is Aug 30 and I was palnning to check actually. So I will call today if I get a chance and post back here with success or fail.
Old Aug 21, 2009, 9:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by dergon darkhelm
You can figure it out. At least I was able to last year.

They know a couple of things that allow you to calculate:

a) Card anniversary date (since it resets to 0 then )

b) total spending since that time.

You can use that to determin where you stand on the 15k spend.

My date is Aug 30 and I was palnning to check actually. So I will call today if I get a chance and post back here with success or fail.
I figured that one could roughly figure out where they stand by having the above info. Hope you're close to your next $15K threshold before the 30th!
Old Aug 21, 2009, 9:53 am

How do you learn the exact card anniversary date?
Old Aug 21, 2009, 10:05 am

I have the same questions & have run into the same problems. No one I talked to at Chase seemed to know how the program operates nor did anyone at the One Pass SC. So it leaves me wondering who is watching the store? Has anyone actually had Flex EQMs post under this program?
Old Aug 21, 2009, 10:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by JetAway
I have the same questions & have run into the same problems. No one I talked to at Chase seemed to know how the program operates nor did anyone at the One Pass SC. So it leaves me wondering who is watching the store? Has anyone actually had Flex EQMs post under this program?
Yes. I have multiple postings of Flex EQMs from the PP card.
Old Aug 21, 2009, 10:29 am

Originally Posted by JetAway
Has anyone actually had Flex EQMs post under this program?
Hellz yeah! I'm up to 25000 flex EQMs all off that card. Gonna come in handy some day, I reckon.
Old Aug 21, 2009, 11:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Hartmann
Yes. I have multiple postings of Flex EQMs from the PP card.
Working on 2nd posting!^

Hellz yeah! I'm up to 25000 flex EQMs all off that card. Gonna come in handy some day, I reckon.
Wow!^ How long have you had the card?! How is it that you have 25K flex EQMs when they are credited in multiples of 2K?!

I just called to confirm card anniversary date!:-:
Old Aug 21, 2009, 11:26 am

Originally Posted by mnmag

Wow!^ How long have you had the card?! How is it that you have 25K flex EQMs when they are credited in multiples of 2K?!
This will be two years at end of August.

The original sign up bonus gave 5k flex EQM I think ...either that or the 1 year anniversary bonus to re-up was 3k.......that's how the odd number.

ps --I'm not as rich as those 25000 miles might imply. I just so happenned to have the misfortune of my house flooding requiring a *significantly* greater spend than usually last year with construction payments etc and I also traffic almost *all* of my discretionary spending through that card.
Old Aug 21, 2009, 11:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

This will be two years at end of August.

The original sign up bonus gave 5k flex EQM I think ...either that or the 1 year anniversary bonus to re-up was 3k.......that's how the odd number.

ps --I'm not as rich as those 25000 miles might imply. I just so happenned to have the misfortune of my house flooding requiring a *significantly* greater spend than usually last year with construction payments etc and I also traffic almost *all* of my discretionary spending through that card.
OH! -- on the flooding! Hopefully there is an anniversary bonus coming up for you!^

ps -- not visiting the BX lately?!
Old Aug 21, 2009, 2:14 pm

Programs: UA 1K 1MMer & LT UC (when flying UA); Hyatt Credit Cardist; HHonors Diamond; Marriott Gold via UA 1K
It would make life a whole lot easier if the clock did not re-set at the anniversary date. There is a good chance that I will have to make a big purchase after I cross my next $15,000 threshold, but before my anniversary date, and that spend would "go to waste," flex-EQM-wise.
Old Aug 21, 2009, 2:48 pm

Programs: United 1K, Hilton Diamond
I have received 20K EQMs from PCard. But on two occasions I had to call Chase to get my EQMs posted. I have had no trouble calling a rep from the phone # on the back of the card. They looked up my anniversary date and also told me how much I had spent. The next day the 2000 EQMs appeared. Keep calling until you get someone who understands what you want.
Old Aug 21, 2009, 5:03 pm

Originally Posted by mnmag

ps -- not visiting the BX lately?!

RL been pounding on me a little bit and putting a hurt on my post count ....but I'll get back to soon.
Old Sep 1, 2009, 10:11 am

Got 2k more EQMs this last month. If my calculations are correct, I only went over the 15,000 at the time of annual reset by about $1,100.....not too bad for trying to keep it as close as I could.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.