Internal Processing

Old Jul 30, 2009, 4:40 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Internal Processing

Just bought a HKG-EWR ticket on Co.com . The flight is actually going to be HKG-NRT-EWR with the HKG-NRTflight operated by NH.

After I bought the ticket I got an emal saying that the flight is a codeshare and "You will be promptly notified once the internal processing of your reservation has been finalized so that..."

I have never had this before and it doesnt seem my reservation has ticketed. Anyone have a similirar experience? How long does it take to process and will I lose my ticket?

Thanks
Old Jul 30, 2009, 4:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OMNIArchist, OMNIArchy!, OMNIIDGAS
this happens on every ticket I have purchased this year, between 2-30 minutes I have the ticket confirmed.
Old Jul 30, 2009, 5:02 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA ExecPlat
I think it is because CO cannot do an instant sell on the other airline. I recently had an itinerary which was EWR-NRT-ICN with a KE codeshare for the last leg. When I called up to make a change, they told me that they could request the change from KE, but it would require up to 24 hours for them to confirm, even though the CO segments can be instantly confirmed. The agent I spoke with was nice enough to call KE though and after holding for a few minutes was able to confirm the change, so maybe a phone call is your best bet?
Old Jul 30, 2009, 5:13 pm

I wouldn't worry about it. I think this is because of the rules regarding some of the credit card companies (I forget if its Visa or Mastercard, among others), that do not allow for instant charges for internet purchases, but rather require a short hold period.

At least this is what I remember from setting up a CC online payment system for a non-profit organization.
Old Jul 30, 2009, 5:17 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Well they stated I will need to wait 24 hours, just not sure if I should call and bother the process or let it work itself out (by the way i bought the ticket 12 hours ago and still no change yet)
Old Jul 30, 2009, 6:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OMNIArchist, OMNIArchy!, OMNIIDGAS
Originally Posted by bundi404
Well they stated I will need to wait 24 hours, just not sure if I should call and bother the process or let it work itself out (by the way i bought the ticket 12 hours ago and still no change yet)
all mine state 24 hours as well.
Old Jul 30, 2009, 7:00 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Well I called CO and spoke to two different agents.

#1. Said once it goes through then I have to click to purchase it as it has not yet purchased? ( I have no idea if this is true and would not understand why I need to purchase it again.

#2 Said It take 24 hours, nothing they can do but I dont need to purchase it again.

Who knew the booking on co.com would be so complicated .

Can anyone point me into the right direction as what needs to be done?
Old Jul 30, 2009, 8:58 pm

Originally Posted by bundi404
Well I called CO and spoke to two different agents.

#1. Said once it goes through then I have to click to purchase it as it has not yet purchased? ( I have no idea if this is true and would not understand why I need to purchase it again.

#2 Said It take 24 hours, nothing they can do but I dont need to purchase it again.

Who knew the booking on co.com would be so complicated .

Can anyone point me into the right direction as what needs to be done?
i seriously don't think you need to do anything as long as your credit card still works!
Old Jul 31, 2009, 7:57 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Well just to sum up the end of the story, the ticket never issued on its own, waited 24 hours, called CO, got transfered 4 times and finally found someone to push it through.

Thanks for all the help
Old Jul 31, 2009, 8:35 am
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K MM; BA Silver; Marriott Plat
This is almost definitely related to the NH segment - there must have been some issue confirming this segment which caused the ticketing process to fail. Did the person that finally fixed the issue tell you what they did?
Old Jul 31, 2009, 9:05 am

Programs: CO Plat & MP 1K
I just had to wait 24 hours for a LH flight to clear after purchasing on CO.com. As I understand it the reason for the wait is that CO. does not have access to see if the seats are available at the price they are quoting. So you purchase the seats, they put in a request to the other airline and then the other airline checks things out. Because I was changing a previously canceled ticket to begin with I had to call CO.com to do get the ticket. When I called at the 24 hour mark, they said that LH actually said to give them another hour. So I had to call back an hour later. Then it was purchased.

When you called did you call CO.com technical support or just the regular customer service line? The CO.com people I talked to (and I talked to three, the first call to change the ticket, the second 24 hours later, the third 25 hours later) and all three had no trouble understanding what was going on as they probably deal with this more than the regular agents.

One thing that is odd though is that the new reservation still shows up under the inactive reservations tab on CO.com. But I have received the email receipt, so I know that it has been purchased. But I will probably had to call CO.com a fourth time to get that changed, just don't feel like doing that now.
Old Jul 31, 2009, 2:52 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

I got sent to someone in co.com support. She didnt explain what the issue was but said "hmm" ill just push this through.

anyway got it all done and thanks for the help.

Seperatly when I check into HK with NH can they issue my BP for nrt-ewr
Old Jul 31, 2009, 3:06 pm

Programs: UA Premier Silver, Hyatt Platinum, Marriott Silver
Yes, they can issue the BP for the NRT-EWR segment. Also, be sure to give them your OnePass number so that you can accure miles.
Old Jul 31, 2009, 6:00 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

i will thnks for the help

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.