Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Travel Bank Question

Search this Thread

Old Jul 20, 2009, 7:16 pm

Programs: CO Gold - 1MM, IC Plat, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by CO Insider
Hi flyzabit, feedback received. Currently, TravelBank funds may only be used toward the purchase of new tickets on continental.com. We do plan to expand this in the future, but for now, this is how it works.
^^^
I'd like to use mine for UG Service Fees, PC renewal or Drink Coupons....
Old Jul 20, 2009, 8:30 pm

Programs: UA Aluminum 0.6MM, Bonvoy Life Sentence, Hyatt Eliteist, AA Super Plutonium

Hi flyzabit, feedback received. Currently, TravelBank funds may only be used toward the purchase of new tickets on continental.com. We do plan to expand this in the future, but for now, this is how it works.
Scott, are you guys working on the IT systems that drive posting of TravelBank credit? I'm having to call more and more frequently for things like split-PNR's, tickets with changes, and tickets with upgrades.

It's pretty annoying to have to keep track of this, make a call then make another call when credits don't post properly.
Old Dec 29, 2009, 10:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AAConciergeKey/1MM, DL DM/2 MM, UA Gold,Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
Does $5 get posted for one-way travel as well? Or is it only for roundtrip tickets purchased at continental.com?
Old Dec 29, 2009, 1:58 pm

Programs: AA Plat
Originally Posted by SkyTeam777
Does $5 get posted for one-way travel as well? Or is it only for roundtrip tickets purchased at continental.com?
The $5 works for one-way tickets as well.
Old Dec 30, 2009, 11:43 am

Location: various cities in the USofA: NYC, BWI, IAH, ORD, CVG, NYC
Programs: Former UA 1K, National Exec. Elite
You get the $5 for reward tickets booked online as well (as of two years ago, things may have changed).
Old Jan 1, 2010, 6:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AAConciergeKey/1MM, DL DM/2 MM, UA Gold,Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
Does the $ post after the flights are flown or immediately upon booking?
Old Jan 1, 2010, 7:07 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP 2MM; Marriott Titanium; Hilton Diamond; Hyatt Explorist; Vistana 5* Elite; Nat'l Exec Elite
Does the $ post after the flights are flown or immediately upon booking?
After the flights are flown.
Old Feb 8, 2010, 10:08 am

Hi jrzyshawn, we agree this isn't the way to go, and it will be changed within the next month. When we make this change, continental.com Club memberships will expire 12 months from the original expiration, not the date of renewal. We'll be applying this retroactively, as well.
My Co.com/Travel club membership expires on Feb. 13, 2010 but my join date was 3/13/2007 (I renewed a month early). It seems I've paid for 36 months of membership and gotten 35 months out of the deal.

Shouldn't I get 12 months for each renewal?
Old Feb 8, 2010, 2:49 pm

Read page 1 of the thread. The system is set up incorrectly but according to CO Insider it will be fixed retroactively. I would send him an IM with the details.
Old Jun 9, 2010, 3:07 pm

Programs: AA PLT
Originally Posted by ralfp
You get the $5 for reward tickets booked online as well (as of two years ago, things may have changed).
Does anyone know if we still get the $5 credits for reward tickets booked online?

In the past, this was the case. But I recently completed a trip with my family-- 2 tickets were revenue tickets, 1 was a reward ticket-- and I didn't get the $5 credit for the reward ticket. I e-mailed co.com support, and the response was: "XXXXXX is a Reward ticket and not eligible to receive Travel Club credit".

Neither the co.com terms and conditions nor the co.com club FAQs mention that the tickets must be revenue tickets.
Old Jun 10, 2010, 4:36 pm

Originally Posted by cjgibson
Does anyone know if we still get the $5 credits for reward tickets booked online?
I got credit for a reward ticket booked last Nov or Dec and flown this Jan.
Old Jun 10, 2010, 4:51 pm

Programs: AA PLT
Originally Posted by ralfp
I got credit for a reward ticket booked last Nov or Dec and flown this Jan.
Yep, I've received credit before as well. Maybe someone else can chime in and let us know if this has changed.
Old Jun 10, 2010, 9:01 pm
Suspended

About a year ago, I didn't get TravelBank credit for booking an award flight online. I first wrote to CO via the Contact Us link and was informed that the $5 credit didn't apply to reward travel booked on co.com.

I forwarded the response to Scott (CO Insider) because I was sure the CO reply was incorrect. This is Scott's reply:

"The response you received is correct, and believe it or not, it's always been this way. Take a look at our TravelBank T&C's (https://www.continental.com/web/en-U...ravelbank.aspx) - there's a bullet that specifically says: "Not valid in conjunction with any other programs (example OnePass Reward redemption)."

We're considering changing this in a future phase, but for now, these funds are only valid toward the purchase of a new published fare ticket.

Best - SMO

Scott O'Leary
Managing Director, Customer Experience
Continental Airlines"
Old Jun 11, 2010, 6:12 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by JFKSFOLAX_friend
About a year ago, I didn't get TravelBank credit for booking an award flight online. I first wrote to CO via the Contact Us link and was informed that the $5 credit didn't apply to reward travel booked on co.com.

I forwarded the response to Scott (CO Insider) because I was sure the CO reply was incorrect. This is Scott's reply:

"The response you received is correct, and believe it or not, it's always been this way. Take a look at our TravelBank T&C's (https://www.continental.com/web/en-U...ravelbank.aspx) - there's a bullet that specifically says: "Not valid in conjunction with any other programs (example OnePass Reward redemption)."

We're considering changing this in a future phase, but for now, these funds are only valid toward the purchase of a new published fare ticket.

Best - SMO

Scott O'Leary
Managing Director, Customer Experience
Continental Airlines"
That's a somewhat questionable interpretation of those rules, especially since the rest of those rules are about spending the TravelBank money, not earning it. I can (sortof) understand not being able to redeem it for taxes on a reward ticket, but the earning thing is not one that I get. Among other reasons, I've earned on reward tickets, too.
Old Jun 11, 2010, 9:08 am
Suspended

Perhaps Scott can chime in (hint, hint)??

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.