Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Continental OnePass (Pre-Merger)
Reload this Page >

Is this the way CO serves its cheeseburger....

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Is this the way CO serves its cheeseburger....

Search this Thread

Old May 1, 2009, 9:20 am

Programs: Amtrak Select Plus, Marriott Platinum, Marriott Lifetime Gold, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by pptp
BTW, when offered as a choice, they amost always sell out quickly. Go figure.
Not in my experience. I heard many complaints about the burger from fellow travelers. The other choice, whatever it was, seemed to run out first.
Old May 1, 2009, 9:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL Diamond, B6 Mosaic, AS MPV Gold, UA Gold MM, Marriott Plat, SPG Plat, Nat'l Exec Elite
Originally Posted by KNRG
I find it more bizarre that it's breakfast on a red eye to europe. The other courses look normal and proper.
Breakfast on a flight to Europe? Really? Every time I've flown BF to Europe we've been served breakfast food at breakfast. Granted this was out of IAH — maybe it's different out of EWR? In any case, a cheeseburger is an odd choice at breakfast.
Old May 1, 2009, 9:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Kommissar Giga-Posting Direktor, PWP; Fasano Nouveau Aristocrat; CO Platinum; BD Gold; MR Gold
Originally Posted by ssullivan
Breakfast on a flight to Europe? Really? Every time I've flown BF to Europe we've been served breakfast food at breakfast. Granted this was out of IAH — maybe it's different out of EWR? In any case, a cheeseburger is an odd choice at breakfast.
It was served on CDG-EWR, not EWR-CDG.
Old May 1, 2009, 9:47 am

Originally Posted by kingalien
Really? Last couple of flights I've been on, when paired with the chicken salad, I was the only one ordering the burger in the first three rows.
It's closer when it's against the salad but when it's up against say, the jambalaya, it seems to win all of the time. That's my experience at least.
Old May 1, 2009, 9:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Kommissar Giga-Posting Direktor, PWP; Fasano Nouveau Aristocrat; CO Platinum; BD Gold; MR Gold
It's closer when it's against the salad but when it's up against say, the jambalaya, it seems to win all of the time. That's my experience at least.
On my flight last weekend, the jambalaya was winning hands down against the burger. IIRC, I was the only one in the first three rows to order the burger. I was surprised, as the burger always seems to be somewhat popular.
Old May 1, 2009, 9:59 am

Programs: Nothing - I'm useless!
Originally Posted by CO 1E
It was served on CDG-EWR, not EWR-CDG.
But it's listed on the menu as the last thing served as "refreshment" for a flight that arrives at 7:30am. As far as i can tell, it's the same both ways for EWR-CDG and it serves as breakfast for CO56 according to co.com

Anyone been on Co56 lately?
Old May 1, 2009, 10:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by KNRG
But it's listed on the menu as the last thing served as "refreshment" for a flight that arrives at 7:30am. As far as i can tell, it's the same both ways for EWR-CDG and it serves as breakfast for CO56 according to co.com

Anyone been on Co56 lately?
Really? That is, indeed, odd.
Old May 1, 2009, 12:25 pm

Programs: UA-Gold, HH-Diamond
Yikes !

That first pic was scary. I wonder what the Congress of [fast food] Chefs would have to say about this.

Or how many expletives would Gordon Ramsay shout if one of his aspiring contestants tried to serve this!

Glad I'm a vegetarian.

-Goat

Last edited by SilverGoat; May 1, 2009 at 12:26 pm Reason: Typo
Old May 1, 2009, 2:27 pm

Originally Posted by SilverGoat
Glad I'm a vegetarian.

-Goat
Hmmm...have you taken a look at some of the vegetarian special meals??
I love vegetarian Indian food but some of it looks a little um...odd (the spinach with the cheese in it).
Once again proving that something can taste good despite its looks and that taste is so subjective that CO is smart not to be running around in circles trying constantly to "fix" their menus.
Old May 1, 2009, 2:29 pm

Programs: AA; The Peninsula
In the past two years, I've noticed that Continental's food has become much less healthy. My hunch is that by loading the food up with fat, they can serve less of it (fat makes you feel full more than protein/carbs).
Old May 1, 2009, 2:46 pm

Originally Posted by Peninsula
In the past two years, I've noticed that Continental's food has become much less healthy. My hunch is that by loading the food up with fat, they can serve less of it (fat makes you feel full more than protein/carbs).
True, but carbs are much cheaper (bread, flour, pasta, potatoes). And the definition of healthy is very subjective. According to some schools of thought, fat is healthier than carbs (and from personal experience, actually improves both cholesterol levels).
Old May 1, 2009, 2:54 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: United 1K, JAL Sapphire, SPG Lifetime Platinum, National Executive Elite, Hertz PC, Avis PC
True, but carbs are much cheaper (bread, flour, pasta, potatoes). And the definition of healthy is very subjective. According to some schools of thought, fat is healthier than carbs (and from personal experience, actually improves both cholesterol levels).
It depends how you mix them. Fat alone is fine, protein with fat is fine, protein alone - fine again. The trouble occurs when you mix a saturated fat with a high index carb which converts quickly to sugar....just like a cheeseburger
Old May 1, 2009, 3:07 pm

Programs: UA 1K AA EXP

Here is a cheese burger from my IAH-EWR flight. It was melted to the plate and super hot. At least mine did not look too bad. My friends well his looked like the first cheese burger photo. I had a good cheese burger once on the IAH-DEN.
Old May 1, 2009, 3:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OMNIArchist, OMNIArchy!, OMNIIDGAS
aerogeekery we all be takin photos of da foods!
Old May 1, 2009, 3:21 pm

Originally Posted by CO777DAL

Here is a cheese burger from my IAH-EWR flight. It was melted to the plate and super hot. At least mine did not look too bad. My friends well his looked like the first cheese burger photo. I had a good cheese burger once on the IAH-DEN.
What's that you're drinking, Hmmmmm??? Looks good!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.