FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Continental OnePass (Pre-Merger) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/continental-onepass-pre-merger-488/)
-   -   Is this the way CO serves its cheeseburger.... (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/continental-onepass-pre-merger/949385-way-co-serves-its-cheeseburger.html)

elitetraveler Apr 30, 2009 10:32 pm

Is this the way CO serves its cheeseburger....

flew IAH-EWR tonite. The cheeseburger came with bun glued to a plate of melted cheese. On the bun was the hamburger with maybe 1/5th of its surface covered with the cheese and the remainder as a melted pool in the plate. The top of the bun was stuck to the pool of melted cheese. I noticed a couple other folks and their cheeseburgers all seemed to be presented the same way. Is this typical?

sdm1130 Apr 30, 2009 10:36 pm

Unfortunately, yes it is typical.

One of the FAs can correct me if I am wrong, but I believe it is a result of the cheeseburger being delivered on the plate (and therefore needing to be heated in the oven while on the plate) rather than being delivered in a separate heating container.

Steph3n Apr 30, 2009 10:39 pm

Originally Posted by elitetraveler (Post 11675132)
flew IAH-EWR tonite. The cheeseburger came with bun glued to a plate of melted cheese. On the bun was the hamburger with maybe 1/5th of its surface covered with the cheese and the remainder as a melted pool in the plate. The top of the bun was stuck to the pool of melted cheese. I noticed a couple other folks and their cheeseburgers all seemed to be presented the same way. Is this typical?

http://lh3.ggpht.com/_YwLx00JP6Ds/SV...0/SSPX0040.jpg

that bowl of soup was pretty messy too, it came this way....but it was tasty(the soup), the burger nothing to write home about.

Mackieman Apr 30, 2009 10:41 pm

Originally Posted by sdm1130 (Post 11675145)
Unfortunately, yes it is typical.

One of the FAs can correct me if I am wrong, but I believe it is a result of the cheeseburger being delivered on the plate (and therefore needing to be heated in the oven while on the plate) rather than being delivered in a separate heating container.

That is my understanding as well. Also comes with the territory of being frozen, unfrozen, and shuffled around an airport ramp all day before making it on your flight. Stuff gets moved.

With that said, I actually enjoy the cheeseburger. :eek:

elitetraveler Apr 30, 2009 10:44 pm

Originally Posted by Steph3n (Post 11675152)
http://lh3.ggpht.com/_YwLx00JP6Ds/SV...0/SSPX0040.jpg

that bowl of soup was pretty messy too, it came this way....but it was tasty(the soup), the burger nothing to write home about.

Looks familiar :D It tasted better than it looked, and the "three bean" soup tasted more liked split pea with ham, but was very good regardless.

Steph3n Apr 30, 2009 10:46 pm

btw the business first cheeseburger was presented better(this was a snack only too!):

http://lh3.ggpht.com/_YwLx00JP6Ds/SW...0/SSPX0281.jpg

TommyC80 Apr 30, 2009 10:49 pm

Originally Posted by elitetraveler (Post 11675132)

Sounds about right; which is why I avoid the cheeseburger in F. I actually would prefer the cheeseburger from coach with the fixins from the F tray. :)

KNRG Apr 30, 2009 11:10 pm

Doesn't the coach burger come in a plastic bag? Makes a wonderful hand warmer if i recall correctly.

Steph3n Apr 30, 2009 11:12 pm

Originally Posted by KNRG (Post 11675227)
Doesn't the coach burger come in a plastic bag? Makes a wonderful hand warmer if i recall correctly.

yes it does, only had that once thankfully, it was a bit 'humid' inside there making a very wet bun.

whiteknuckles Apr 30, 2009 11:16 pm

At least you didn't get the chicken burger. ^

Steve GadFly May 1, 2009 1:03 am

Originally Posted by elitetraveler (Post 11675167)
Looks familiar :D It tasted better than it looked, and the "three bean" soup tasted more liked split pea with ham, but was very good regardless.

Please say it ain't so.....split pea soup with HAM??? Is this thread going to turn into one about piggy flu too??? :rolleyes: :D

Weatherboy May 1, 2009 5:17 am

And this is why CO needs to drop that horrific cheeseburger from it's line-up. You have a 100% chance of getting a soggy/burnt bun, a puddle of cheese, and a horribly cooked beef-like patty in domestic F when this is served. :td:

kingalien May 1, 2009 5:48 am

I like the cheeseburger actually. Yes, it is served just like the pics above, ultra messy. When the burger is served, I immediately lift the burger and bun off the plate so it doesn't soak in the cheese and get stuck on the plate. On the bright side, most of the cheese is already on the plate so a little less going into my stomach.

IAH-OIL-TRASH May 1, 2009 6:31 am

I like the cheeseburger

Had the forward cabin cheeseburger last Sunday IAH-MIA. It looked exactly like the posted photo. MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM.I could have eaten another. And the corn chowder wasn't bad either. Had to place the burger on my napkin to adsorb some of the moisture off the bottom, but hey, it's a freakin' airplane at 30k. It was a lot better than the turkey and salami plate on the way back (crackers in the soup bowl but no soup), and miles ahead of what Caribbean Air put in front of us in 1st during the four segments I had to endure with them on that same trip...

IAHtraveler May 1, 2009 6:54 am

Originally Posted by kingalien (Post 11676028)
I like the cheeseburger actually. Yes, it is served just like the pics above, ultra messy. When the burger is served, I immediately lift the burger and bun off the plate so it doesn't soak in the cheese and get stuck on the plate. On the bright side, most of the cheese is already on the plate so a little less going into my stomach.

+1. It always looks like that and I love it just the same. I just use a fork and knife to eat it.