Community
Wiki Posts
Search

CO does not respond to emails?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 24, 2009, 12:30 pm
Original Poster

CO does not respond to emails?

I was recently downgraded upon boarding, which was not a big deal it was a short flight and I thought nothing of it. Once seated, a FA informed me they were very sorry for having to do this and I could claim an upgrade certificate by contacting customer service. I thought this was excellent and very professional.

I really don't like to call customer service and wait on hold, so i emailed them with all of my information. I received an acknowledgement with tracking number 8 days ago, and still no response.

The email address i contacted was [email protected] as indicated on the web site and here is the email i received back:

[email protected]
to me
Thank you for contacting Continental Airlines. Your message has been received and will be directed to a member of our OnePass team for review and research.

TRACKING NUMBER: A00004663926-00028312121

Why bother putting up email addresses if no one responds???
Old Mar 24, 2009, 1:25 pm

Location: Catania, Sicily/South Jersey (PHL)/Houston, Texas/Red Stick/airborne in-between
Programs: United Global Svs, AA PlatPro, WN RR, AZ/ITA Freccia, Hilton Diam, Bonvoy Gold, Hertz Prez, IHG
well you could always call and ask for status with the reference # from the e-mail.

I found CO's email support hit or miss. I have had beyond stellar service, where I was given flight coupons and money credit and others where I was told to piss off-for the same exact issue.

Sometimes they acknowledge my lifetime flight miles and the company money I throw their way (I've had agents say "wow" before) and other times they don't really care, even when I have documented to them via mail that I have directed 10,000$s in company travel to another airline due to someone's screw-up.

It really is hit or miss. Don't get me wrong, I like CO and send them good business I just find the lack of standardization vexing.

Keep calling until you get someone you like. Just my two cents.

Ciao,
FH
Old Mar 24, 2009, 2:30 pm

Programs: Marriott Plat National Executive Amtrak Select Plus
Hit or Miss. 10 days isn't unheard of. Isn't good, but I'm sure they're down sizing like everyone else.
Old Mar 24, 2009, 2:42 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

If they are actually researching the situation and trying to contact GAs and FAs it could easily take a couple weeks to track them down and get info from them. Or they are ignoring you and hope that you go away. Hard to know for sure.
Old Mar 24, 2009, 2:48 pm

Programs: CO Gold
I usually get an email response in one to three days. In OP's case, it might be a system glitch (CO did not receive your email: improbable but possible) or it was buried and forgotten in CO inbox or something else.

Forward to CO the email with the tracking number, and (politely ) restate your case. If you still don't get a response in, say, three days, I don't think you have a choice but to call.

Originally Posted by FlyingHoustonian
well you could always call and ask for status with the reference # from the e-mail.
Or do this and (hopefully) end the waiting game.
Old Mar 25, 2009, 2:53 pm
Original Poster

Thanks for all the responses. I hate calling but i might have to

This issue really irks me as I am a CRM consultant by trade, and set these email response systems up for a living. It is not hard or expensive to provide simple and cheap email support.
Old Mar 25, 2009, 3:47 pm

Programs: CO Gold - 1MM, IC Plat, Hertz PC
I'd give it 7-10 business days, I just sent 2 emals (1 today 1 Saturday) but only got the tracking number reply for the one I sent on Saturday.....I will still give it time and if not escalate it through other means.

Ironically the one I did get no tracking number for was a compliment, the other....they should make the FA a GA.
Old Mar 25, 2009, 3:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OMNIArchist, OMNIArchy!, OMNIIDGAS
Originally Posted by CLEHillbilly
I'd give it 7-10 business days, I just sent 2 emals (1 today 1 Saturday) but only got the tracking number reply for the one I sent on Saturday.....I will still give it time and if not escalate it through other means.

Ironically the one I did get no tracking number for was a compliment, the other....they should make the FA a GA.
I've mailed a few times and never gotten a tracking number
But gotten a reply within 24 hours that it was being checked once, and about 48 hours later the issue was resolved most of the time, I think one went on for 4 days before resolution but there was a contact within 24 hours to let me know it was being checked or escalated to the proper person.
Old Mar 25, 2009, 10:07 pm

Programs: CO OnePass; AAdvantage Dirt; IHG Priority Club Plat; Hyatt Plat; Marriott Gold; Avis PresPref;
YMMV

Have only emailed a few times over the years, but have received some sort of response each time. Once I even got a phone call from the exec offices.
No CRM software is perfect 100% of the time, so if it was worth writing about the first time I'd write again, noting that there has been no response in xx days to my previous message.
Old Mar 25, 2009, 10:34 pm

Programs: Flying Nut
I have always got good response from the online form when I have filled it out. Make sure that you check the box that says you want a response. I have always gotten a response that I can remember. In the last year I even got a TCV out of a complaint sent online.

OP give it time and go back if you need too.
Old Mar 26, 2009, 8:26 am

Programs: Alas, the Gravy Train Hath Ended...just happy to be an OW Sapphire and a ST Ivory...whatever
I have to admit, I have experienced the same problem with email responses as the OP. I was still lacking credit for my flight SAT-IAH for the DO IV in February, and it took 3 emails over almost 2 months for them to give me the proper credit. I even did a confirmed standby and still was not credited properly. And when they did, did not get the EQP, just EQM.... Finally, just this Monday, I received the proper credit.

They do probably get hundreds of emails a day....but that's a CO problem, not a theblakefish problem.
Old Mar 26, 2009, 6:38 pm

Programs: Nothing - I'm useless!
Originally Posted by jn024
I was recently downgraded upon boarding, which was not a big deal it was a short flight and I thought nothing of it. Once seated, a FA informed me they were very sorry for having to do this and I could claim an upgrade certificate by contacting customer service. I thought this was excellent and very professional.

I really don't like to call customer service and wait on hold, so i emailed them with all of my information. I received an acknowledgement with tracking number 8 days ago, and still no response.

The email address i contacted was [email protected] as indicated on the web site and here is the email i received back:

Why bother putting up email addresses if no one responds???
A note - i just sent a problem/issue to CO via their online form and i got the same automated message in my inbox except mine says "Reservations" where your says it's going to Onepass. To me, that says someone at least read it and routed it as my issue has to do with a reservation.
Old Mar 26, 2009, 7:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Plat 2MM; AS MVP Gold 75K
If you've seen some of their email responses, they might be doing you a favor by not responding.

Seriously, though, they always respond. It has a tracking number, so it won't get lost. If you asked for a response, you'll get one. Keep an eye on your spam box, though.
Old Mar 26, 2009, 8:22 pm

Programs: CO OnePass; AAdvantage Dirt; IHG Priority Club Plat; Hyatt Plat; Marriott Gold; Avis PresPref;
SPAM indeed

Good point, channa - every once in a while my ISP must upgrade their filters, and EM from CO (and some others) goes into spam file, which I usually delete without reading (I know, I know...)
Old Mar 26, 2009, 8:36 pm

my dad who was a CO elite for 10 years, sent in his first complaint to continental (in ten years) a few months ago.

That complaint was ignored for two months. He sent it again, and it was still ignored.

5 months later he called the wecare and was told they would respond to his email

Email read: "I am disappointed to hear that you have yet to receive a response. Please be advised that your comments have been added to our Customer Service Report which is viewed by our management team to ensure your concerns are not overlooked."

and then of course, they explained to him why his complaint was worth no compensation

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.