Wiki Posts
Search

Extra Mile Bonus: Posting Delay?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 4, 2009, 11:21 pm
Original Poster

Programs: hardly any
Extra Mile Bonus: Posting Delay?

I have flown 2 segments in January, and 2 others in February. As of today, however, I have received the Extra Mile Bonus for only the first of my 4 flight segments.

Would anyone know what is causing the delay in posting the Extra Mile Bonus?

Thanks in advance.
Old Mar 5, 2009, 12:03 am

Programs: DL DM, 1.5MM, NEXUS, Sky Club Lifetime, Admirals Club Lifetime, LowValueCustomer everywhere
It depends when in February. The Extra Mile post seems to run every 2 weeks on a Friday night and include those flights posted by Thursday.

I forget whether the last posting was last Friday or the one before.

I wouldn't get too upset at this point. Just watch it carefully.
Old Mar 5, 2009, 4:10 pm
Original Poster

Actually, it is the January segment that I am concerned about; here it is, March already. I was hoping that I would not have to keep the crediting activity under surveillance again this year.
Old Mar 5, 2009, 4:23 pm

Programs: CO Silver, DL
Originally Posted by JohnWM
I have flown 2 segments in January, and 2 others in February. As of today, however, I have received the Extra Mile Bonus for only the first of my 4 flight segments.

Would anyone know what is causing the delay in posting the Extra Mile Bonus?

Thanks in advance.
I had a just-over-7wk wait for miles to post last October. I sent several emails to Cust Svce and it eventually got sorted. Hope your's gets sorted soon!
Old Mar 6, 2009, 9:15 am
Company Representative, United Airlines

Hi JohnWM, if you traveled in Jan., your miles should've posted by now. If you'd like to send me a PM with your OnePass number, we'll be happy to research why this is happening.
Old Mar 12, 2009, 9:45 am

Originally Posted by CO Insider
Hi JohnWM, if you traveled in Jan., your miles should've posted by now. If you'd like to send me a PM with your OnePass number, we'll be happy to research why this is happening.
Hi JohnWM, thanks for the PM. We did find one bonus from Jan. that didn't post correctly, which you should now see corrected on your account. The bonuses from mid-Feb, however, hadn't posted yet. Those bonuses will post this week (if they haven't already).
Old Mar 12, 2009, 10:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Under the Liberty Visual to 27L at PHL. Stranger in a strange land - a Devils fan in Flyers country.
Programs: PWP Le Chancelier des Clefs d'Or || Sarcasm, Anti-Stupidity, Obscure References top tier member.
Dumb hair-splitting question, but I'll ask anyway: do Extra Mile bonuses on segments that are an odd number of miles traveled round down? I can't imagine that they would round up, but I'm just making sure.
Old Mar 12, 2009, 11:43 am

Programs: DL DM, 1.5MM, NEXUS, Sky Club Lifetime, Admirals Club Lifetime, LowValueCustomer everywhere
Originally Posted by ConciergeMike
Dumb hair-splitting question, but I'll ask anyway: do Extra Mile bonuses on segments that are an odd number of miles traveled round down? I can't imagine that they would round up, but I'm just making sure.
They do not round up!

C'mon MIke. this is CO.

G
Old Mar 12, 2009, 2:55 pm

Originally Posted by ConciergeMike
Hi ConciergeMike, we don't round up on any fractions of miles. Call it a carry-over of our legacy OnePass systems, but we simply don't register anything to the right of the decimal point when there's a fraction of a mile.
Old Mar 12, 2009, 9:40 pm
Original Poster

Thank you!

Thank you very much, Scott, for looking into the matter. I shall check again later this week.

I appreciate your assistance.

Hi JohnWM, thanks for the PM. We did find one bonus from Jan. that didn't post correctly, which you should now see corrected on your account. The bonuses from mid-Feb, however, hadn't posted yet. Those bonuses will post this week (if they haven't already).
Old Mar 12, 2009, 9:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Under the Liberty Visual to 27L at PHL. Stranger in a strange land - a Devils fan in Flyers country.
Programs: PWP Le Chancelier des Clefs d'Or || Sarcasm, Anti-Stupidity, Obscure References top tier member.
Hi ConciergeMike, we don't round up on any fractions of miles. Call it a carry-over of our legacy OnePass systems, but we simply don't register anything to the right of the decimal point when there's a fraction of a mile.
Thanks, Scott.
Old Apr 24, 2009, 9:42 am

Programs: UA MM, UA Lifetime 1K, CO MM, Formerly CO Inf. Elite, Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite, National Exec.,
What's the latest on Extra Mile Bonus posting? I have segments on 3/30, 4/2, 4/6, 4/10, 4/13, 4/16, 4/20, & 4/24 which have not posted. The segments are all IAH/EWR so this totals a little over 5600 miles, not much in the scheme of things. I just wonder why it takes so long to post. I really do not expect the 4/20 & 4/23 bonuses to post this week, but I would expect the bonuses for the first couple of weeks of April to post by now. The double EQM bonuses post almost immediately, but not the ones I am paying for.
Old Apr 24, 2009, 9:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Last week, I emailed the OPSC about a delay in these miles posting. Here is the response I received:

There is a delay in the April posting. Please allow 4-6 weeks for your bonus miles to post to your account.
Old Apr 24, 2009, 10:20 am

Programs: CO Plat & MP 1K
Originally Posted by sdm1130
Last week, I emailed the OPSC about a delay in these miles posting. Here is the response I received:
Thanks, I too have been waiting for these miles to post from flights at the end of March, beginning of April. It is a bit annoying since I already paid for them.
Old Apr 24, 2009, 11:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Plat, Hilton Diamond, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by rlbmorton
Thanks, I too have been waiting for these miles to post from flights at the end of March, beginning of April. It is a bit annoying since I already paid for them.
Although I feel your pain, this thread should be merged with the original announcement's thread, since that one is now tracking postings.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.