Wiki Posts
Search

Post Your DO Picture Links Here!

Search this Thread

Old Feb 22, 2009, 10:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Priority Club Plat
Originally Posted by pptp
Great pictures of what I assume was a "D" check on the 757. When I think about how much goes into keeping an aircraft flying safely, I wonder how airlines have ever made money. If this is a "D" check, the most comprehensive of all the maintenance cycles, it takes the plane out of service for about a month and happens every 3-4 years (just going on a hazy memory from asking a mechanic).
That aircraft last flew on 1/22 - exactly one month ago - and hasn't flown since.
Old Feb 22, 2009, 11:26 am

Programs: UA Global Services, HH Diamond
Where are the official CO pictures?

Where are the event pictures taken by Continental's photographers?

On the Chelsea tour, while we weren't allowed to take our own pictures, a CO photographer did follow-us around and snap away. The guides told us that pictures would be available after the 'Do --but where are they?
Old Feb 22, 2009, 12:03 pm

Programs: AA Exec Platinum/MM, DL Gold/MM, Hilton Diamond, Accor Platinum, Hertz Presidents Circle
Originally Posted by Weatherboy
On the Chelsea tour, while we weren't allowed to take our own pictures, a CO photographer did follow-us around and snap away. The guides told us that pictures would be available after the 'Do --but where are they?
That's strange. At DO III we had no restrictions on taking pictures on the Chelsea tour. I have a ton of them. Perhaps I should post them here.
Old Feb 22, 2009, 12:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OMNIArchist, OMNIArchy!, OMNIIDGAS
Originally Posted by Stripe
That's strange. At DO III we had no restrictions on taking pictures on the Chelsea tour. I have a ton of them. Perhaps I should post them here.
Yep they would not let us take, but there was not even one following my group
Old Feb 22, 2009, 12:42 pm

Originally Posted by Weatherboy
Where are the event pictures taken by Continental's photographers?

Maybe in the next inflight magazine or perhaps they will post them to the employee quarterly magazine. Or you might not see them at all due to the pilot's concerns.
Old Feb 22, 2009, 1:14 pm

Programs: MYOB
Small Fortune

[QUOTE=pptp;11301529]Great pictures of what I assume was a "D" check on the 757. When I think about how much goes into keeping an aircraft flying safely, I wonder how airlines have ever made money.QUOTE]

Like the old saying goes "You know how to make a small fortune? Take a large fortune and start an airline, you'll have a small fortune in not time"

Great pictues indeed. Gives a fine perspective of things that most passengers will never get to see, and the lareg amount that goes on "in the background"
Old Feb 22, 2009, 1:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA, AA, B6, BA, Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott, IHG, SPG
Originally Posted by sfogate
Maybe in the next inflight magazine or perhaps they will post them to the employee quarterly magazine. Or you might not see them at all due to the pilot's concerns.
Having talked to one of the photographers they were there shooting for the employee quarterly magazine. With the things that have come up since the DO, who even knows about that now. It would be ashame if the party flight photo never got published. It was a good photo.

Great photos rkkwan

Last edited by Olton Hall; Feb 22, 2009 at 1:49 pm
Old Feb 22, 2009, 3:20 pm

Programs: UA 1K 1MM, Marriott LT Au, Hilton C, IHG PtA
My pictures over here.

As with all my pictures, if you would like one of yourself removed, please let me know !
Old Feb 23, 2009, 5:10 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

I finally got all my photos posted here and here (same collection, one on flickr and the other on SmugMug). In addition to the photos I took there are a few in there from other FTers, including some video of the inflight training tour evacuation bits and smoke-filled cabin. Those are only on the SmugMug link (first one) as apparently I don't have the bandwidth available in my flickr account.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.