Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Continental OnePass (Pre-Merger)
Reload this Page >

What do you think was the most negative feature of OnePass for 2008/2009?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
View Poll Results: What do you think was the most negative feature of OnePass for 2008/2009?
Elite bonus reduction (25% less for silver and platinum)
24.25%
Increased award issuance/change/redeposit fees for elites
22.39%
Elimination of free same-day standby
23.88%
Increase of award rates in select markets
0.75%
50% EQM / 0 EQPs for discounted economy fares not booked at Continental.com
17.54%
Loss of 500 mile earning minimums for non-elites
3.73%
Checked baggage fees (First bag no longer free for non-elites)
2.99%
Other feature/change (please post below)
0.75%
Increased BF upgrade copay fees
3.73%
Voters: 268. You may not vote on this poll

What do you think was the most negative feature of OnePass for 2008/2009?

Search this Thread

Old Feb 3, 2009, 9:21 am

Programs: CO Gold
you might as well add 'selling upgrades at the gate' .......because depending on how this is handled......it would actually *uck
Old Feb 3, 2009, 10:28 am

Programs: AV LifeMiles, CM ConnectMiles, BA Exec Club. Former:ex-ASGold, ex-UA1K, ex-COPlat, ex-NWGold.
Elimination of free same-day standby, and for that matter not having free same day confirm change for at least top-level elite.
Old Feb 3, 2009, 10:41 am

If the percentages hold (currently 97 votes), it will be interesting to see how CO responds at the DO to the virtual three way tie of hate (25/25/24 for the top three). I'd be interested to see if management sees this as a) three poorly received decisions that should all be reconsidered or b) three not so bad decisions that happen to affect different people in different way, thus spreading the burden.
Old Feb 3, 2009, 11:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Plat, Hilton Diamond, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by nbs2
If the percentages hold (currently 97 votes), it will be interesting to see how CO responds at the DO to the virtual three way tie of hate (25/25/24 for the top three). I'd be interested to see if management sees this as a) three poorly received decisions that should all be reconsidered or b) three not so bad decisions that happen to affect different people in different way, thus spreading the burden.
You make a good point. I wouldn't see any CO Golds voting for the loss in elite bonus, as they were not impacted, and no CO Plat will vote for the reward ticket fees, same reason.

I think a good survey should also have broken down responses by Elite status.
Old Feb 3, 2009, 11:38 am

Programs: UA Premier 1K
Loss of ice cream sundae on first class trips to Costa Rica.

Although this most delicious and enticing perk was slated to make a return on some routes, it is not at all clear to me whether my beaten path (IAH-SJO) is one of them. I'll see later this month.

Numexbigjim
Old Feb 3, 2009, 12:03 pm
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Same day stand by --- by far. The other changes can be defended as being standard in the industry while CO is the only airline that charges elites for this.
Old Feb 3, 2009, 2:56 pm

Programs: Alas, the Gravy Train Hath Ended...just happy to be an OW Sapphire and a ST Ivory...whatever
The $150 redeposit fee SUCKS!
Old Feb 3, 2009, 3:13 pm

Location: various cities in the USofA: NYC, BWI, IAH, ORD, CVG, NYC
Programs: Former UA 1K, National Exec. Elite
I voted for 2 (increased award fees), but it was a tie with 3 (no free standby).

The standby fee is more likely to bite me, but the award fees will only have to bite me once to be far worse.
Old Feb 3, 2009, 4:34 pm

Programs: LH FTL, Ex UA 1P
As a non CO elite and CO as my (former) backup airline (~15000miles/year, usually (CLL - ) IAH - EWR - airport in the northeast), the 500 miles minimum was the worst one for me, but very closely followed by the loss of free stand-by.

As it stands now, whenever UA is too inconvenient/expensive from IAH/AUS, there is absolutely no reason for me to pick CO out of CLL/IAH/AUS (which I would previously do), over whoever is cheapest/has the best schedule.
Old Feb 3, 2009, 4:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Location: Between AUS, EWR, and YTO In a little twisty maze of airline seats, all alike.. but I wanna go home with the armadillo
Programs: CO, NW, & UA forum moderator emeritus
FWIW, I really can't see why the 25% mileage decrease is such a popular choice here. To me it pales in comparison to choices 2 and 3.
Old Feb 3, 2009, 7:17 pm

Programs: CO Platinum HHonors Diamond Avis President's Club
Originally Posted by xyzzy
FWIW, I really can't see why the 25% mileage decrease is such a popular choice here. To me it pales in comparison to choices 2 and 3.
If you had people indicate status while making their vote, I think you'd find that it is weighted toward silvers. I've been there once upon a time and the RDMs meant a lot more to me.

I was torn between 2 and 3, but same day standby for no fee got my vote. The award fee might cost me more in the long run, but standing by is something I need/want while actually en route.

peace,
~Ben~
Old Feb 3, 2009, 8:40 pm

Programs: AA EXP; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, UA 1.56MM (fmr UA1K)
There seems to have been so many in the last year or so it is hard to choose
Old Feb 3, 2009, 10:12 pm

Programs: UA MileagePlus
Same day standby. It's just dumb not to allow people to take an earlier flight and open up a later time sensitive commodity that will (probably) otherwise go unsold on that earlier flight.

But the reduction in mileage bonuses is a very close second.
Old Feb 3, 2009, 10:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Location: Between AUS, EWR, and YTO In a little twisty maze of airline seats, all alike.. but I wanna go home with the armadillo
Programs: CO, NW, & UA forum moderator emeritus
Originally Posted by hangpilot
But the reduction in mileage bonuses is a very close second.
Please explain why! -- I don't really see this as big for Silver Elite members. 25% of 49k miles (assuming you just miss gold) is still less than half the miles required for a domestic economy class ticket. That's over a one year qualification period. Certainly, the 25% loss for a Silver Elite member is a lot bigger percentage of the total redeemable miles earned than it is for a Platinum Elite member. But still, it's nothing compared to paying one of the huge award issuance/change/redeposit fees.
Old Feb 4, 2009, 7:20 am

Programs: OnePass Platinum, Starwood Platinum, Avis First, Hilton Silver, Marriott Platinum
I really hate the 50%/0 thing. I can totally understand that they wouldn't want you to book on expedia or travelocity, but for the thousands of flyers who are forced to use AMEX travel or some other corporate system - this policy really bites.

I could live with all the other OP changes if they would just dump this one thing.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.