Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New Headphones in F

Search this Thread

Old Jan 2, 2009, 10:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL Diamond, B6 Mosaic, AS MPV Gold, UA Gold MM, Marriott Plat, SPG Plat, Nat'l Exec Elite
Originally Posted by flying for gold elite
+1

It took until I had a drawer full of them that I decided I needed to start refusing them in domestic F. The FAs almost drop them in your lap, so it can be difficult to resist!
Just say no!

I've never understood why people collect those crappy headphones. You're just ending up with a pile of junk at home, and you're costing the airline money. Not much money, but still, it's wasteful.
Old Jan 2, 2009, 1:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Between AUS, EWR, and YTO In a little twisty maze of airline seats, all alike.. but I wanna go home with the armadillo
Programs: CO, NW, & UA forum moderator emeritus
Originally Posted by pptp
I imagine they'll want to burn all of the old ones off so you might see either one for a short time.
I've got a bag of them I'd like to get rid of too
Old Jan 2, 2009, 1:52 pm

Programs: CO OnePass Platinum AS MVP HHonors Diamond SPG Gold
Had the "new and improved" earbuds on my EWR-PHX flight in F the other day. When I got up to stretch my legs the 2-prong adapter fell apart leaving the connector pins stuck in the armrest. My Bose were in the overhead (seated in 1A) and I didn't want to collect them after we had reached cruising altitude. I had already seen the movie anyway and one of the two connectors in the seat was not working anyway. Can't wait for the LiveTV conversions!
Old Jan 2, 2009, 9:26 pm

Originally Posted by xyzzy
I've got a bag of them I'd like to get rid of too
Should have blowd them up on new years eve. Texas allows you to buy some pretty crazy fireworks.
Old Jan 2, 2009, 10:05 pm

Programs: UA 1MM Gold, Hhonors Gold, Bonvoy Gold, IHG Platinum
Should have blowd them up on new years eve. Texas allows you to buy some pretty crazy fireworks.
Yea maybe we should have a bonfire at the DO for all of the old headphones. Or on the next five flights or so I could just go around and distribute them to the Y cabin!
Old Jan 2, 2009, 10:18 pm
Moderator: Avis and Rental Cars

As long as you're not in Houston or Limited Purpose Annexation areas of Harris County (see below)

Originally Posted by flying for gold elite
Yea maybe we should have a bonfire at the DO for all of the old headphones. Or on the next five flights or so I could just go around and distribute them to the Y cabin!
I wouldn't risk doing it at DO IV. If any of them go into the air or are considered 'fireworks or sparklers' by HFD, you're asking to be cited $500-2000, no warnings given. Even if your kids set them off & you don't know about it, you're responsible. Ok, I'm done with my rant... continue on-topic about the headsets.

Last edited by IAHtraveler; Jan 2, 2009 at 10:19 pm Reason: forgot the link
Old Jan 2, 2009, 10:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Priority Club Plat
Whoever still have RadioShack stocks should sell them ASAP. Their two-prong adapter is the only thing I keep telling people to go to RS to buy.
Old Jan 3, 2009, 12:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OMNIArchist, OMNIArchy!, OMNIIDGAS
Originally Posted by rkkwan
Whoever still have RadioShack stocks should sell them ASAP. Their two-prong adapter is the only thing I keep telling people to go to RS to buy.
NO, no insider trading tips allowed!
Old Jan 11, 2009, 1:11 pm

On LHR-EWR 4th Jan (757) the bud headphones were given out in coach. At first I thought they looked pretty cool, but sadly I'm one of the masses who these types of headphones don't fit or stay in - must have defective ears. So they were really a backward step for me.

The other problem is if you leave the two pronged adapter in the armrest of the new 757 seat (ie pointing out away from the seat) that it is very susceptible to damage. This happened to mine as I let someone out from the window seat - the adapter got snagged and fell to pieces leaving a sharp piece still plugged in. This led to trouser tearing as we filed back into our places. So best to remove the adapter if you are getting up.

On good thing - if you've lost your ipod earphones, then you've got a free replacement.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.