Wiki Posts
Search

New Headphones in F

Search this Thread

Old Jan 1, 2009, 3:35 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA and HH
New Headphones in F

Not sure if this has been posted yet but I flew last night and this morning in F (domestic) and was handed new headphones similar to the traditional white ipod headphones. There was also an ad in the January CO magazine that introduced them.
Old Jan 1, 2009, 3:43 pm

Programs: Continental Onepass, Hilton, Marriott, USAir and now UA
Originally Posted by gbryan84
Not sure if this has been posted yet but I flew last night and this morning in F (domestic) and was handed new headphones similar to the traditional white ipod headphones. There was also an ad in the January CO magazine that introduced them.
That will be nice for those who do not bring their own, but I doubt that they will match my Schures in any way so I doubt that I will use them.
Old Jan 1, 2009, 3:46 pm

Its nice to know that they are finally here! These are the new bud-style, single-prong, headset necessary to use the new livetv upgrade. Eventually they will be available in the entire cabin as the supplies of the older headsets are finished.
Old Jan 1, 2009, 3:49 pm
Original Poster

I forgot to add that they also come with a 2-prong adapter that fit my Bose headphones too.^ This works out great as I already lost the original adapter 2 days after buying the QC3's.
Old Jan 1, 2009, 3:53 pm

that two-pronged adapter alone is worth the $1 fee for the main cabin. I wonder if the fee will increase in the near future. I remember we used to charge $5 for what we currently offer.
Old Jan 1, 2009, 3:56 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by ThatsMeInTheCabin
that two-pronged adapter alone is worth the $1 fee for the main cabin. I wonder if the fee will increase in the near future. I remember we used to charge $5 for what we currently offer.
I would hope that the headphones will be included in the $6 LiveTV fee in the main cabin.

Nice to see that CO is finally going to a single prong solution for headphones. ^
Old Jan 1, 2009, 4:46 pm

Programs: UA 1MM Gold, Hhonors Gold, Bonvoy Gold, IHG Platinum
I remember stocking up on DL headphones because they had a similar convertor but it was only for a year or two. I am excited for the new CO headphones as they sound like they are actually "new, state of the art, ear conforming headsets!"
Old Jan 1, 2009, 4:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OMNIArchist, OMNIArchy!, OMNIIDGAS
I did not find them that great, I got out my own and my own adapter..... oh wait this is domestic first......I haven't gotten these then Last set was the "ear clamp" style.
Old Jan 1, 2009, 6:03 pm

Originally Posted by Steph3n
I did not find them that great, I got out my own and my own adapter..... oh wait this is domestic first......I haven't gotten these then Last set was the "ear clamp" style.
Hmmm I dont think you are talking about the same headsets. These are single-prong and ear-bud style hedsets (to be used with livetv) packaged together with a separate two-prong adapter (to be used with the current entertainment system). I guess that the thinking is to offer a product that can be used in the entire fleet regardless of whether it has the new entertainment systems or the old ones with the added benefit that you can actually use them on your own gadgets. enjoy!
Old Jan 1, 2009, 6:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OMNIArchist, OMNIArchy!, OMNIIDGAS
Originally Posted by ThatsMeInTheCabin
Hmmm I dont think you are talking about the same headsets. These are single-prong and ear-bud style hedsets (to be used with livetv) packaged together with a separate two-prong adapter (to be used with the current entertainment system). I guess that the thinking is to offer a product that can be used in the entire fleet regardless of whether it has the new entertainment systems or the old ones with the added benefit that you can actually use them on your own gadgets. enjoy!
you are right, I actually edited after understanding it better, domestic first, looking forward to getting it in next weeks to see how it is.
Old Jan 1, 2009, 6:54 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by Steph3n
you are right, I actually edited after understanding it better, domestic first, looking forward to getting it in next weeks to see how it is.
It sounds like these are going to be the new headsets fleet-wide, not just for domestic F. I cannot imagine that CO would stock two different types of headphones on flights. That would go against their typical simplistic approach to that sort of thing.
Old Jan 1, 2009, 7:50 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by sbm12
It sounds like these are going to be the new headsets fleet-wide, not just for domestic F. I cannot imagine that CO would stock two different types of headphones on flights. That would go against their typical simplistic approach to that sort of thing.
FWIW, they gave F the new headphones and I saw a bag of the old ones go back to coach. I assume they are probably just trying to get rid of the old ones.
Old Jan 1, 2009, 8:05 pm

The new ones are just appearing and they are for coach as well as FC. I imagine they'll want to burn all of the old ones off so you might see either one for a short time.

Last edited by pptp; Jan 2, 2009 at 6:48 am
Old Jan 2, 2009, 1:53 am

Programs: CO Gold, SPG Gold
I've paid as much as $20 for one of those two-prong adapters! I'm definitely snagging some of them - though I guess the days of needing them are numbered.

I also guess that this is yet another blow to the value of my stash of CO ear-conforming headsets. I suppose it's time to start giving them out to friends, relatives, and co-workers.
Old Jan 2, 2009, 10:20 am

Programs: UA 1MM Gold, Hhonors Gold, Bonvoy Gold, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by lensman
I've paid as much as $20 for one of those two-prong adapters! I'm definitely snagging some of them - though I guess the days of needing them are numbered.

I also guess that this is yet another blow to the value of my stash of CO ear-conforming headsets. I suppose it's time to start giving them out to friends, relatives, and co-workers.
+1

It took until I had a drawer full of them that I decided I needed to start refusing them in domestic F. The FAs almost drop them in your lap, so it can be difficult to resist!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.