Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Continental OnePass (Pre-Merger)
Reload this Page >

Got a Question? Your very own CO EWR FA is here!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Got a Question? Your very own CO EWR FA is here!

Search this Thread

Old May 4, 2011, 1:08 am

Programs: Marriott Platinum, US Chairman's, Star Alliance Gold, Delta Gold, AA Gold
Originally Posted by sbm12
Not an FA but I can answer a few of the questions...
Not unless you are fully upright. There is not really much space between the seats when reclined. And I'm pretty sure there is a regulation/rule that says the kid isn't supposed to be on the floor but not positive.

No.
Just a lounge operated by a US-based carrier. Don't expect much and you won't come away disappointed. Chips/cheese/crackers and free medium-quality booze/low-quality wine, plus the option to pay more for higher quality booze and wine. They do have showers if you want as well as a family room you can rest in with the kid and have some space and privacy.
This is disappointing - cheese, chips??? The Star Alliance lounge in London is much better - with a proper meal service.. didnt expect to be this bad.!!!
Old May 4, 2011, 1:34 am

Programs: CO Platinum / BA Gold
Originally Posted by sacgrad2002
The child does not have his own seat, however, since its BF, I thought they would go above and beyond and offer another meal on request... I am now starting to think, I should not compare CO BF to LX business----??? Its just coach ++ on CO??...
BF is pretty nice, better than most Business class IMO.

Perhaps they aren't very accommodating towards small children because they don't want to interrupt the sleep of people who are paying $3k+ for tickets? Whereas us plebs in Y aren't going to get much sleep anyway so a bit of crying is no big deal
Old May 4, 2011, 6:56 am

Programs: Marriott Platinum, US Chairman's, Star Alliance Gold, Delta Gold, AA Gold
Exactly --- for the benefit of the guys who paid to fly J, they better feed my kid )
Old May 4, 2011, 7:40 am
Suspended

Exactly --- for the benefit of the guys who paid to fly J, they better feed my kid )
I'm going to ignore your attitude and try and answer your question. The sense of entitlement is a little off putting.

Do not expect to put the infant bed on the floor in front of your seats. Nor would I recommend it. If you hit unexpected turbulence that bed is going to hit the ceiling. Expect to hold your child for the entire duration of the flight.

I've flown a few times with lap children in BF on CO. While CO does not cater for infants that have not paid for a seat, (and to expect that they would is ridiculous) food is plentiful with generally lots of choices. In all of our recent experiences, where our daughter was eating non baby food, we just fed her off our tray. And since the starter service, a la carte items, cheese, and dessert is often served seat side on demand, the portions can generally be accommodated to satisfy everyone.

This isn't a restaurant, and there is limited space and ability to accommodate everyone. Just make sure you're prepared.

By the way, I also recently flew JFK-GVA on LX in Business (excellent all around), and they did not have any special infant meals or other items available for us. In fact the food service is all tray based so if anything there is less flexibility than the CO service.

Last edited by wpr8e; May 4, 2011 at 8:50 am
Old May 4, 2011, 5:34 pm

Originally Posted by wpr8e
I'm going to ignore your attitude and try and answer your question. The sense of entitlement is a little off putting.

Do not expect to put the infant bed on the floor in front of your seats. Nor would I recommend it. If you hit unexpected turbulence that bed is going to hit the ceiling. Expect to hold your child for the entire duration of the flight.

I've flown a few times with lap children in BF on CO. While CO does not cater for infants that have not paid for a seat, (and to expect that they would is ridiculous) food is plentiful with generally lots of choices. In all of our recent experiences, where our daughter was eating non baby food, we just fed her off our tray. And since the starter service, a la carte items, cheese, and dessert is often served seat side on demand, the portions can generally be accommodated to satisfy everyone.

This isn't a restaurant, and there is limited space and ability to accommodate everyone. Just make sure you're prepared.

By the way, I also recently flew JFK-GVA on LX in Business (excellent all around), and they did not have any special infant meals or other items available for us. In fact the food service is all tray based so if anything there is less flexibility than the CO service.
Couple of comments:
1) Perhaps you did not get the tone of my note... and if you dont care for my expectations - which by the way are reasonable - that is your perogative...

2) I think you are coming from a very US/ EUR centric experience when you talk about not expeceting anything for an infant without a seat.. look around you - and if you havent flown Asian/Middle Eastern Carriers, I think you are missing out... Emirates, Etihad, Jet - if you care to try any of these.. you will see the "level" of service ---

I would suggest in the future that you talk about facts rather than your "personal" feelings...
Old May 4, 2011, 7:07 pm
Suspended

Couple of comments:
1) Perhaps you did not get the tone of my note... and if you dont care for my expectations - which by the way are reasonable - that is your perogative...

2) I think you are coming from a very US/ EUR centric experience when you talk about not expeceting anything for an infant without a seat.. look around you - and if you havent flown Asian/Middle Eastern Carriers, I think you are missing out... Emirates, Etihad, Jet - if you care to try any of these.. you will see the "level" of service ---

I would suggest in the future that you talk about facts rather than your "personal" feelings...
I told you the facts. Fact #1. No infant meals for non paid seats. Fact #2. Do not put your kid on the floor. Is there something that's not clear?

1) Is it reasonable for anyone to expect that an airline cater for a lap child that hasn't paid for a seat? In the real world, no.

2) Hate to break it to you, after flying at least 3 million miles, visited 60 countries, and flown pretty much every airline out there in Econ, Business and even a few times in First, I can assure you, I know exactly what I'm talking about. This is not about service, this is about level of expectations.

I stated rather clearly, that you should be able to accommodate your child with the available catering in BF. You ignored it.

Secondly, I informed you that you will not be allowed, nor should you place, your child on the floor at any time. This is not a service issue, this is about safety. But if you don't care about the possibility of your child being slammed against the wall during turbulence, by all means, let them sit where they want.
Old May 8, 2011, 8:51 pm

Programs: AA Life-Plat 5MM, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, UA, BA
Question Any temp-status, challenge or shortcut for Continental

Question for a busy friend who considers switching to Continental OnePass.
He is flying a-lot international (I dont know exact mileage), was/is with LH program and realized he gets 1/2 the mileage for LH program for his Continental flights.

Any way to get a temp-status and/or challenge/shortcut to Gold/Plat?
Old May 9, 2011, 7:24 am

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Rewards - LTPP
Originally Posted by IntFF
Question for a busy friend who considers switching to Continental OnePass.
He is flying a-lot international (I dont know exact mileage), was/is with LH program and realized he gets 1/2 the mileage for LH program for his Continental flights.

Any way to get a temp-status and/or challenge/shortcut to Gold/Plat?
Usually can't match from a * airline. Check out the status match thread.
Old May 9, 2011, 7:28 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

This is disappointing - cheese, chips??? The Star Alliance lounge in London is much better - with a proper meal service.. didnt expect to be this bad.!!!
Welcome to the mediocrity that is lounges operated in the US by US-based carriers. It is what it is.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.