FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Got a Question? Your very own CO EWR FA is here!
Old May 4, 2011, 5:34 pm
sacgrad2002

Programs: Marriott Platinum, US Chairman's, Star Alliance Gold, Delta Gold, AA Gold
Originally Posted by wpr8e
I'm going to ignore your attitude and try and answer your question. The sense of entitlement is a little off putting.

Do not expect to put the infant bed on the floor in front of your seats. Nor would I recommend it. If you hit unexpected turbulence that bed is going to hit the ceiling. Expect to hold your child for the entire duration of the flight.

I've flown a few times with lap children in BF on CO. While CO does not cater for infants that have not paid for a seat, (and to expect that they would is ridiculous) food is plentiful with generally lots of choices. In all of our recent experiences, where our daughter was eating non baby food, we just fed her off our tray. And since the starter service, a la carte items, cheese, and dessert is often served seat side on demand, the portions can generally be accommodated to satisfy everyone.

This isn't a restaurant, and there is limited space and ability to accommodate everyone. Just make sure you're prepared.

By the way, I also recently flew JFK-GVA on LX in Business (excellent all around), and they did not have any special infant meals or other items available for us. In fact the food service is all tray based so if anything there is less flexibility than the CO service.
Couple of comments:
1) Perhaps you did not get the tone of my note... and if you dont care for my expectations - which by the way are reasonable - that is your perogative...

2) I think you are coming from a very US/ EUR centric experience when you talk about not expeceting anything for an infant without a seat.. look around you - and if you havent flown Asian/Middle Eastern Carriers, I think you are missing out... Emirates, Etihad, Jet - if you care to try any of these.. you will see the "level" of service ---

I would suggest in the future that you talk about facts rather than your "personal" feelings...