Wiki Posts
Search

CO To Join Star Alliance [threads merged]

Search this Thread

Old Jul 26, 2008, 1:15 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by cerealmarketer
http://www.united.com/page/article/0...e=RelatedLinks

Didn't know that on United if you book a partner reward you cannot make changes to the itinerary witout redepositing the miles and starting from scratch.

Hope that is something Continental IT can avoid.
It isn't an IT issue; it is just their policy. US is the same, IIRC.

The real issue you should be concerned about CO not following UA policy on is STARNet blocking (where UA won't sell a reward seat, even if the availability is there from the partner). That is a much bigger potential issue.
Old Aug 13, 2008, 12:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Between AUS, EWR, and YTO In a little twisty maze of airline seats, all alike.. but I wanna go home with the armadillo
Programs: CO, NW, & UA forum moderator emeritus
Exclamation

Now that the news of this has spread far and wide I'm going to un-stick this thread.

Xyzzy
CO forum moderator
Old Aug 13, 2008, 12:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Under the Liberty Visual to 27L at PHL. Stranger in a strange land - a Devils fan in Flyers country.
Programs: PWP Le Chancelier des Clefs d'Or || Sarcasm, Anti-Stupidity, Obscure References top tier member.
But wait: where will people go to talk about the merger?
Old Jan 15, 2009, 12:28 pm

Programs: The local deli gives me 1 free sandwich after I buy 10
I am guessing these adjustments are in conjunction with CO joining *A

beginning Friday, Jan. 16 through Monday, Jan. 19, 2009. These updates will affect both online and phone services. The update will make Continental's fare class structure more consistent with the industry's most commonly used fare class structures.

http://www.continental.com/web/en-US...elnotices.aspx
Old Jan 15, 2009, 12:32 pm

Programs: United GS/2MM, DL*P, VS*G, AA*EXP, Avis CHM, Hertz Platinum, Sixt*D, HH*D, HGP*P, Starwood*P
Thumbs up

Awesome, I can finally now remember CO's fares. FAYBMH, the way it's supposed to be!
Old Jan 16, 2009, 9:19 am

Programs: The local deli gives me 1 free sandwich after I buy 10
Does not matter too much to me - I'll still looking for the low -L- and -T- fares that give me 100% EQM on co.com

This was intersting too..
The only change will be to the EQM earnings in the new G class (currently Q class), which will increase to 100% EQMs instead of 50% when not booked at continental.com. All other Elite Qualification and base mileage earnings will not change.
Old Jan 16, 2009, 4:30 pm

Programs: DL, CO, LH, BA etc...
<risking of being verbally abuse>

hi everyone...
quick delta-er question:
do you know of there are any plans for conti to elimintate the 50% EQM shaft on non-website cheap economy flights? I am hopeful that, in light of star alliance, this may change...?

Also: has there been a word on changes/extras to the OnePass program once within *A?

Just wondering!
Thank you
Old Jan 23, 2009, 3:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by ssullivan
CO is contractually obligated to be in SkyTeam for several more years. They're trying to get out of SkyTeam early, and one of the few ways that can easily be done is by the NW/DL merger happening. These alliances aren't something an airline can just up and leave at any time. Part of the deal is that CO can leave SkyTeam, but not until 9 months after the finalization of the NW/DL merger.
I try to find an update on this board but this is the only thing I found (I am sure there is more updated discussions somewhere)...

I guess the NW/DL merger has been finalized. So, any word on when CO would join Star Alliance?

Thanks.
Old Jan 23, 2009, 5:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, SPG Platinum, Penalty Box 2K, PWP Posting Unit 9
Originally Posted by username
I try to find an update on this board but this is the only thing I found (I am sure there is more updated discussions somewhere)...

I guess the NW/DL merger has been finalized. So, any word on when CO would join Star Alliance?

Thanks.
No official date annouced as of yet. It's on the list of things to be talked about at the Do. Nine months from the consummation of DL/NW is Q4 2009.
Old Jan 23, 2009, 5:46 am

Originally Posted by Mackieman
No official date annouced as of yet. It's on the list of things to be talked about at the Do. Nine months from the consummation of DL/NW is Q4 2009.
Nine months is actually July 29, 2009. So it could happen as early as then (which is in Q3).
Old Feb 1, 2009, 11:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

According to this article http://www.ajc.com/search/content//b...miles0131.html :

Separately, Continental Airlines set an Oct. 24 date for its exit from the SkyTeam alliance, which includes Delta.

Now, I wonder when they join Star...
Old Feb 3, 2009, 5:41 pm

Originally Posted by username
According to this article http://www.ajc.com/search/content//b...miles0131.html :

Separately, Continental Airlines set an Oct. 24 date for its exit from the SkyTeam alliance, which includes Delta.

Now, I wonder when they join Star...
Too bad, I was hoping to fly CO to Dublin this summer with my wife. I have enough miles to pay for her ticket and I'd love to get EQM on my own.
Old Feb 3, 2009, 6:18 pm

Originally Posted by user999991
Too bad, I was hoping to fly CO to Dublin this summer with my wife. I have enough miles to pay for her ticket and I'd love to get EQM on my own.
In what program??
Old Feb 5, 2009, 3:48 pm

Programs: AC*E
I'd think that someone would have asked this before...but couldn't find it...

Can the points from a OnePass account somehow be transfered to a Aeroplan account?

I have an upcoming flight with Delta (class T: YVR->EZE, GIG->YVR), but I am not a member of either SkyMiles or OnePass. I'm trying to decide whether I should open a SkyMiles or OnePass account for the points. Do either account expire the points after a prolonged period of being idle (I don't fly either airline or their partners frequently)?
Old Feb 5, 2009, 8:17 pm

Originally Posted by mjia
I'd think that someone would have asked this before...but couldn't find it...

Can the points from a OnePass account somehow be transfered to a Aeroplan account?

I have an upcoming flight with Delta (class T: YVR->EZE, GIG->YVR), but I am not a member of either SkyMiles or OnePass. I'm trying to decide whether I should open a SkyMiles or OnePass account for the points. Do either account expire the points after a prolonged period of being idle (I don't fly either airline or their partners frequently)?
You cannot transfer the points with any reasonable valuation. CO doesn't expire the points for now, but they can always choose to change their mind on that at some point in the future. Delta does expire the points on an 18-month activity window.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.