Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Pepperidge Farm cookies are in...

Search this Thread

Old Apr 12, 2008, 11:05 am

Programs: CO
Two pages and youre the only real negative post.That says more about the people than anything. Frankly, i think that what it really boils down to is that you want to have your cake and eat it too. You want to book travel through your corporate agency (which i presume is no cost to you) but still get FF miles in order to get free EUA's. I remember a time when employers didnt even LET you accrue FF miles for corporate travel. Giving you any miles at all for corporate travel costs CO money in the long run, since most corporate agencies get a discount on airfare and then they give you miles on top of that.
Old Apr 12, 2008, 11:37 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by thegeneral
Compare the number of threads on here talking about cookies to the number of people complaining that they only get 50% EQM due to not being able to book on CO.com and you'll find 10-100x the latter compared to the former. It's great that you listen about cookies and all, but how about listening to things that actually matter?
If you're flying CO anyways then they are getting what they want. Plus, the change of desserts doesn't cost them anything while having more elites would. Sorry you don't like the 50% EQM rule, but that one isn't likely to be going anywhere.
Old Apr 12, 2008, 11:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: United, American, Delta, Hyatt, Hilton, Hertz, Marriott
That's great. I'll think of that while flying on another airline because you won't give me 100% EQM's when I book through my corporate travel agency. If you think that FF's care about cookies (which I can buy and easily expense in the airport) really matter then you're seriously listening to the wrong feedback here.

Compare the number of threads on here talking about cookies to the number of people complaining that they only get 50% EQM due to not being able to book on CO.com and you'll find 10-100x the latter compared to the former. It's great that you listen about cookies and all, but how about listening to things that actually matter?
If you're still flying CO while earning 50% EQM, even if you don't like it, there's no point in CO reacting to you. The airline doesn't need to. They've go you. So, Scott can move onto problems for people who have choices--cookies.
Old Apr 12, 2008, 12:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Priority Club Plat
The 50% EQM rule has been around since at least 2004. Get over it! Or move on.
Old Apr 12, 2008, 12:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL Diamond, B6 Mosaic, AS MPV Gold, UA Gold MM, Marriott Plat, SPG Plat, Nat'l Exec Elite
Yep, the rule blows for those of us who have to book work travel through a corporate travel agent. And yet there are a lot of us who still manage to make Platinum every year even with some 50% EQM fares thrown in the mix. CO has stated they are happy with the way the 50% EQM rule works for them, so I think it's here to stay. As others have said, either suck it up and deal with it, or fly another airline without such a rule.

By the way, thegeneral, what's your current OnePass elite status? And what would it have been without the 50% EQM rule? Just curious.
Old Apr 12, 2008, 3:19 pm

That's great. I'll think of that while flying on another airline because you won't give me 100% EQM's when I book through my corporate travel agency. If you think that FF's care about cookies (which I can buy and easily expense in the airport) really matter then you're seriously listening to the wrong feedback here.

Hey General: I'm in the same EQM/EQP boat as you. As I stated in some posts a while back, send a letter to Larry to make him aware of your situation. It worked for me as I flew many, many 50% EQM/Zero EQP segments last year, and I continue to be Platinum in 2008.
Old Apr 12, 2008, 8:21 pm

Programs: Alas, the Gravy Train Hath Ended...just happy to be an OW Sapphire and a ST Ivory...whatever
Originally Posted by cerealmarketer
I think the only people disappointed by this will be the 'Smile Doctors' with the grand piano who always advertise in the Continental Magazine.
They have nice hair pieces, though.
Old Apr 12, 2008, 10:30 pm

Programs: Bonvoy-Gold, HH-Gold, UA-Gold, *A-Gold
Originally Posted by STT757
Perhaps they can get Leos to consult with Chelsea about Italian food.
Leo's is very good, but since I moved to JC, I recommend Rita & Joes!

- HF
Old Apr 13, 2008, 1:42 am

Programs: UA GS, AA CK, DL PLT, HH DIA, MARRIOTT PLT, FAIRMONT LT PLT, HYATT DIA, SIXT PLT, AVIS PC
Any chance these cookies can make it to the Presidents Club?
Old Apr 14, 2008, 12:06 am

Programs: PWP Direktor of Homeland, CO Plat* 1MM,UA 1K,BD Gold,DL Gold,SPG Platinum, Marriott Platinum
Wow, this is great news. (The cookies, not the thread hijacks). Now, if they could make it into the P-clubs.
Old Apr 14, 2008, 12:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by benolaa
Any chance these cookies can make it to the Presidents Club?
Originally Posted by fozz
Wow, this is great news. (The cookies, not the thread hijacks). Now, if they could make it into the P-clubs.
I saw Pepperidge Farm cookies in the HNL PClub last week, so there is hope.
Old Apr 14, 2008, 9:31 am

Programs: UAL 1K MM, AA Plat, Hyatt Diamond, Hertz President's Circle, SPG Gold, HHonors Gold, Amex Plat
milk and milanos... YUM!

Thanks, Scott! Unfortunately, there will always be the same people crying over spilt milk.
Old Apr 15, 2008, 8:22 am
Suspended

i wonder how the merger would impact the availability of Pepperidge farm cookies (or milanos/doritos/biscotti, for that matter)?
Old Apr 15, 2008, 8:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Kommissar Giga-Posting Direktor, PWP; Fasano Nouveau Aristocrat; CO Platinum; BD Gold; MR Gold
Originally Posted by fly co to see the yanks
i wonder how the merger would impact the availability of Pepperidge farm cookies (or milanos/doritos/biscotti, for that matter)?
My guess is that they will no longer be served when COUA eliminates meals at mealtime. Perhaps they will be available in a Buy Onboard box.
Old Apr 15, 2008, 9:06 am

Programs: United, Delta
I'm VERY happy about the change ... I just hope the cookies won't have nuts. I have a nut allergy and have always been sad that I get nada on shorter flights because of it

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.