Pepperidge Farm cookies are in...

Old Apr 10, 08, 4:47 pm
Company Representative, United Airlines
Original Poster

Pepperidge Farm cookies are in...

Hi Everyone, effective May 1, we’ll be replacing Russell Stover Almond Delight and Pecan Delight candies from all of our flights and will be replacing them with Pepperidge Farm cookies. It’s a small detail, but we're making this change as a direct result of your feedback. Very rarely do we see consensus when it comes our meals, but every once in a while there’s a unanimous trend. The cheese calzone was one (long gone) and this was yet another. Enjoy!
Old Apr 10, 08, 4:49 pm

Programs: OnePass Platinum, Starwood Platinum, Avis First, Hilton Silver, Marriott Platinum
MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm Milanos!

Thanks, Scott!
Old Apr 10, 08, 4:50 pm

Programs: UA Premier Silver, Hyatt Platinum, Marriott Silver
Thanks, this is a big improvment!
Old Apr 10, 08, 4:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: A festering pit; a pustule of a fistula set athwart the miasmic swamps of the armpit of the Gulf of Mexico - a Godforsaken wart upon a dark crevasse of the World. (IAH)
Programs: UA Lifetime Gold, Marriott Lifetime Plat, Hilton Gold, National Executive Elite
Originally Posted by CO Insider View Post
Hi Everyone, effective May 1, we’ll be replacing Russell Stover Almond Delight and Pecan Delight candies from all of our flights and will be replacing them with Pepperidge Farm cookies. It’s a small detail, but we're making this change as a direct result of your feedback. Very rarely do we see consensus when it comes our meals, but every once in a while there’s a unanimous trend. The cheese calzone was one (long gone) and this was yet another. Enjoy!
No more Almond Delight...Excellent! So, uh, how long before CO ditches the Jim Beam in the PCs and opts for real Bourbon? I can drink my membership fee back on Beam, but the process could be a bit smoother.
Old Apr 10, 08, 4:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I think my dentist will be very pleased as well!

I also noticed Pepperidge Farm cookies in the HNL PClub - is this something we can expect to see more of as well?
Old Apr 10, 08, 4:53 pm

You evil, evil man.

Thanks though.
Old Apr 10, 08, 5:17 pm

Programs: SPG-Gold, HH-Gold, Sixt-Plat
I actually didn't mind the Russell Stover Candies (sorry Scott) and I never thought the Calzone was that bad...must be all you Texans who don't know that EYE-Talian Food.

- HF
Old Apr 10, 08, 5:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL Diamond, B6 Mosaic, AS MPV Gold, UA Gold MM, Marriott Plat, SPG Plat, Nat'l Exec Elite
Wow, guess that means that the Russell Stover Almond Delight I got on my lunch tray this past Monday on ATL-IAH was probably the last one I'll see. I chose not to eat it of course. There is one good thing about those candies -- they are far easier to just leave on the tray than the cookies. The cookies are much harder to pass up!
Old Apr 10, 08, 5:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Kommissar Giga-Posting Direktor, PWP; Fasano Nouveau Aristocrat; CO Platinum; BD Gold; MR Gold
Old Apr 10, 08, 5:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: In a little twisty maze of airline seats, all alike...
Programs: CO, NW & UA forum moderator emeritus
The cheese calzone was one (long gone) and this was yet another. Enjoy!
Hallelujah! I was wondering whether I was just lucky or it was really gone
Old Apr 10, 08, 5:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Thanks Scott--excellent move!

I didn't mind those Calzones, but those pita bread things are much better--I think that's what they are!
Old Apr 10, 08, 6:54 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

The end of my F dessert nemesis. Time to short Russell Stover. Now that CO has cancelled the contract I cannot imagine how they'll fill that drop in sales.
Old Apr 10, 08, 7:12 pm

Programs: CO Gold; SPG Gold***; AvisFirst;
Excellent! Thanks!
Old Apr 10, 08, 7:47 pm

Programs: Onepass
Originally Posted by HobokenFlyer View Post
I actually didn't mind the Russell Stover Candies (sorry Scott) and I never thought the Calzone was that bad...must be all you Texans who don't know that EYE-Talian Food.

- HF
Perhaps they can get Leos to consult with Chelsea about Italian food.
Old Apr 10, 08, 7:58 pm

Programs: Amtrak Select Plus, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Silver
This makes me very happy!

Search this Thread