Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Continental OnePass (Pre-Merger)
Reload this Page >

Should I worry that a Reservation hasn't been Finalized

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 4, 2008, 9:52 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA Gold, CO Plat, CO Million Miler

After working with an International Agent to price and reserve a problem itinerary ( See my post 438 under Continental.com Master Thread -Report Ideas & Problems Here ), my reservation is showing up confirmed but not "finalized" until they finish "internal processing." It also doesn't show any pricing info. It's now been about 18 hours since I made the reservation and they haven't finalized it yet. Should I worry?
Old Mar 4, 2008, 10:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Between AUS, EWR, and YTO In a little twisty maze of airline seats, all alike.. but I wanna go home with the armadillo
Programs: CO, NW, & UA forum moderator emeritus
If it's been more than a couple of hours you should call Continental to have them figure out what is wrong. Call the web support desk at 800.300.1547 option 3.
Old Mar 4, 2008, 10:27 am

I've had this take three or four days and then resolve without further intervention, so it isn't necessarily a problem.
Old Mar 4, 2008, 11:26 am

Programs: UA Platinum, LY Silver
I also recommend calling. Happened to me once, and just for kicks I called, and she said there was a problem and its good that I called. She fixed it on the spot and it went through in 30 minutes.
Old Mar 4, 2008, 11:44 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

RNE had a similar problem recently as well. A call resolved that one.
Old Mar 4, 2008, 2:31 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA Gold, CO Plat, CO Million Miler
Originally Posted by xyzzy
If it's been more than a couple of hours you should call Continental to have them figure out what is wrong. Call the web support desk at 800.300.1547 option 3.
Thanks. I called and spent about 20 minutes on the phone while they tried to figure out what was wrong. Apparently there is a luxury departure task from CDG for fliers departing in a premium cabin that they needed to calculate and add in to the fare. They say it's fixed and should ticket soon.

I assume that if I had not called it would have just sat there. If someone is not a computer user and anal enough to make sure, I can see them showing up for a flight and having no ticket.
Old Mar 4, 2008, 3:39 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by hughw
Thanks. I called and spent about 20 minutes on the phone while they tried to figure out what was wrong. Apparently there is a luxury departure task from CDG for fliers departing in a premium cabin that they needed to calculate and add in to the fare. They say it's fixed and should ticket soon.
It looks like that is the "French Air Passenger Solidarity Tax" according to ITA. It is 4 euro for a coach fare and 40 euro for a J/F fare. I didn't know that the French were also doing this, though it is still miles better than the GBP 80 tax for a J/F ticket leaving the UK. It looks like they added it starting on 30 June 2006.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.