Continental Lounge Sponsorship Request!

Old Mar 2, 08, 8:34 pm
Original Poster

Continental Lounge Sponsorship Request!

Hi

I am flying from YOW to DEL on Thursday, March 6 via EWR. Following is my itinerary.

Thu, 06MAR08 28921 S OTTAWA ONT.
(YOW) 11:25AM NEWARK EWR
(EWR) 12:48PM ERJ-135

Thu, 06MAR08 82 S NEWARK EWR
(EWR) 8:40PM DELHI INDIA
(DEL) 9:20PM (07MAR) 777-200 Dinner

Sat, 05APR08 83 Q DELHI INDIA
(DEL) 10:50PM NEWARK EWR
(EWR) 4:35AM 777-200 Dinner

Sun, 06APR08 25122 Q NEWARK EWR
(EWR) 1:35PM OTTAWA ONT.
(YOW) 3:02PM ERJ-145

I have an almost 9 hour layover both ways. I was wondering or rather should say hoping, somebody would be kind enough to sponsor me to the CO lounge.. Would greatly appreciate it.
Old Mar 2, 08, 8:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Fabulous on one of the US carriers..
Look at the very first post in this forum....
Old Mar 3, 08, 8:19 am

Programs: AA Plat, HH Gold, SPG Gold, HH Gold, Marriott Silver, Amex Plat, GlobalEntry, SW A-List Preferred
A day pass is $45, well worth it for 9 hours of free booze and wifi.
Old Mar 3, 08, 8:28 am

Programs: UA and HH
You pay my $24 r/t bus fair from Manhattan and Ill get you in. Nothing else to do on a Sunday morning at 5 am . At least its a little cheaper than the $45 day pass.
Old Mar 3, 08, 9:02 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by gbryan84 View Post
You pay my $24 r/t bus fair
$24 is "fair" for that bus trip. it's cheaper than car service.

now, if you want him to pay your "fare," that's a whole 'nuther story.
Old Mar 3, 08, 9:06 am

Programs: UA *G 1MM LT United Club & Global Entry
Live a little...

Spending nine hours behind security at a PClub? That would make a very long trip seem even longer. There are plenty of historical threads regarding things to do during an extended layover at EWR.

SunLover
Old Mar 3, 08, 11:18 am

Programs: UA MP
Originally Posted by sam1168 View Post
I have an almost 9 hour layover both ways. I was wondering or rather should say hoping, somebody would be kind enough to sponsor me to the CO lounge.. Would greatly appreciate it.
You would be best off taking NJTransit to NY for about $30/rt, take the airtrain from C to the EWR train station and hop onto the train -- there's only 2 stops max before you get to Penn Station. 9 hours or so is a LONG time at the PC
Old Mar 3, 08, 11:35 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by WhozerFlyer View Post
9 hours or so is a LONG time at the PC
not if there were biscotti, doritos, and/or milanos.
Old Mar 3, 08, 11:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Pleb, HH Gold, PWP General Secretary
It would fair well for the OP to make sure that $24 is a fair fare to pay for the fairly long trip from NYC to the not so fair Newark Airport. The op should also make sure the weather is fair, and allow a fair amount of time for fairly long ATC holds, lest he miss his connection because he did not include a fair enough amount of time and now he has to pay an unfair fare penalty to make sure he gets to BOM in a fair amount of time.

Sorry, couldn't help it.
Old Mar 3, 08, 11:39 am

Beggar. It's $45 for a day pass.
Old Mar 3, 08, 8:56 pm

While the PC is a nicer place to hang out than the food court, I would still rather eat my own young than to stay there for 9 hours! Not to mention that you might be denied boarding after 9 hours of free booze!!

Live a little! See the city! MOMA is a nice way to spend an afternoon. There are a hundred other ways.

Or even go across the highway and hang out at IKEA! Lame, but beats 9 hours at EWR!!
Old Mar 3, 08, 10:31 pm

Programs: AA Plat, HH Gold, SPG Gold, HH Gold, Marriott Silver, Amex Plat, GlobalEntry, SW A-List Preferred
Originally Posted by Paulo View Post
Live a little! See the city! MOMA is a nice way to spend an afternoon. There are a hundred other ways.

Or even go across the highway and hang out at IKEA! Lame, but beats 9 hours at EWR!!
Well, the same OP started a thread recently about how to get to a mall close to the airport. The consensus pretty much was that he should go into NYC instead. I guess he decided not to do that and started another thread instead.
Old Mar 3, 08, 10:54 pm

Originally Posted by canuck_in_pa View Post
Well, the same OP started a thread recently about how to get to a mall close to the airport. The consensus pretty much was that he should go into NYC instead. I guess he decided not to do that and started another thread instead.
Missed the prior. Jersey Gardens Mall is quite close (less than $10 cab), but also quite ghetto.

NYC is the better option, but I know a lot of people are intimidated by it. Just do some homework, and it ain't so bad.

Come on, guy! We NYers aren't all so bad! Give us a try! Might make for an unforgettable day!!
Old Mar 4, 08, 11:34 am

Programs: CO Silver, Miles and More Silver
Originally Posted by Paulo View Post
Live a little! See the city! MOMA is a nice way to spend an afternoon.
While I agree the OP should head into the city. I donít think he should waste precious hours at the MOMA Go visit the Met (they actually have art there ) or better yet make a pilgrimage to Yankee Stadium

sorry I know its off topic, but I could not resist
Old Mar 4, 08, 11:56 am

Programs: AA Exec Platinum/MM, DL Silver/MM, Hilton Diamond, Hertz 5* Gold
Originally Posted by COFan View Post
While I agree the OP should head into the city. I don’t think he should waste precious hours at the MOMA Go visit the Met (they actually have art there )

I second the idea to go into NYC on the outbound, but I would recommend spending the $45 for the PC on the return. There's nothing else to do on a Sunday morning and a shower after the flight from DEL in Y would feel mighty good.

Search this Thread