Continental.com online rant

Old Feb 28, 08, 2:32 pm
jyh
Original Poster

Continental.com online rant

I wasted one hour this morning selecting a round trip on Continental. Their reservation site on the web allowed me to select the outbound and return flight, price the ticket, press the complete button and then tell me they were unable to complete the transaction and to call their 800 number.

I did and ranted. The agent told me the return flight I had selected had no seats at the price which was one half of what was now available. No thanks.

I decided a couple of hours later that I could return on Saturday morning rather than Friday night as planned. Same thing. Completed the reservation and when I went to pay it was "unable to complete the transaction" all over.

This time the agent explained that the site is not real time. Wow Continental. Why have a site at all if this is what you deliver. It had something to do with one leg being on the Calgon Air. I cannot believe they offer this product that just wastes your time.
Old Feb 28, 08, 2:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: In a little twisty maze of airline seats, all alike...
Programs: CO, NW & UA forum moderator emeritus
The site is most definitely real time. Which number did you call? The web support desk, 800.300.1547 is the right one.
Old Feb 28, 08, 6:20 pm
jyh
Original Poster

Yes

That is the 800 number I called. The second call the lady explained that my first leg was on ExpressJet and that flight was full regardless of what the online reservations.com showed. She further explained only flights on Continental are "live" and the commuter affiliates are not "live".

I expressed my unhappiness with that and she agreed and said they were working to improve the system. I gave her my FFM number and name.

Now that the outbound leg is scheduled to depart my home city in less than 1hour it is showing available. That is the same leg she declared a couple of hours ago had no availablility.

Search this Thread