Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Fewer IAH-Bay Area FC Seats...why??

Search this Thread

Old Feb 22, 2008, 1:04 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
Original Poster

Programs: United 1K, JAL Sapphire, SPG Lifetime Platinum, National Executive Elite, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Fewer IAH-Bay Area FC Seats...why??

I don't understand this - IAH->West Coast is a busy, high yield market. Why are most of the 738s being swapped for 733s and 73Gs on IAH/SFO, IAH/SJC and IAH/OAK?

I am planning my flight for mid-March, and every morning flight from IAH to my choice of Bay Area destinations is 12 seats up front. Even if I pay up to B or H, my chances of an upgrade are almost nil.

Now, my option is either pay the lowest fare on CO and accept coach, or fly later in the day and take DL in FC for an extra $100 out of my pocket.

These flights should be with 738s at a minimum.
Old Feb 22, 2008, 1:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Priority Club Plat
1407 to SJC and 673 to OAK are showing mostly 738s in mid-March, except Saturday.
Old Feb 22, 2008, 1:16 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
Original Poster

Programs: United 1K, JAL Sapphire, SPG Lifetime Platinum, National Executive Elite, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Originally Posted by rkkwan
1407 to SJC and 673 to OAK are showing mostly 738s in mid-March, except Saturday.
Just two out of all the flights? That's not enough - and those are not convenient flight times. Most of the business travelers are taking the Monday morning flights.

The 7pm IAH-SFO flight is a 735 of all things!

I can understand using the smaller aircraft during off hours, mid-week or weekends, but during prime flying days/times?

The morning flights used to be all 738s, and IAH-OAK was a 739.
Old Feb 22, 2008, 1:20 pm

Programs: 6 year GS, now 2MM Jeff-ugee, *wood LTPlt, SkyPeso PLT
so I would stop flying CO and start flying UA again...

2005 120K CO, 10K UA
2006 78K CO/NW, 110K UA
2007 35K CO/NW, 140K UA

but seriously, last winter I showed up at IAH for my 735 or 733 (i can't remember) flight to SFO, full Y, no upgrade (8 seats on the plane), flight was an hour late (and CO would not get me on an earlier flight, sally mea went first on the standby list) and then once we got on they anounced we would be making an unschedualed stop in El Paso to take on fuel as the plane couldn't make it to SFO with the headwinds.

they never responded to my complaint letter....

It was when I gave up on CO....
Old Feb 22, 2008, 1:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Priority Club Plat
For Sunday to Friday:

SJC - Of the three flights, one 738 in the morning, then two 733s.

OAK - All three flights are mostly 738s.

SFO - Of the 6-7 flights, usually one 735, one 738, one 752, and the rest 733/G.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.