Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Continental OnePass (Pre-Merger)
Reload this Page >

when will the NW/DL/CO relationships start to unravel???

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

when will the NW/DL/CO relationships start to unravel???

Search this Thread

Old Feb 20, 2008, 8:35 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by dlen111
your, "this is such a waste of my time" posts are getting a bit winded.
while i appreciate your opinion, what's is getting a bit winded is having to sort through the scads of M&A (merger and acquisition) related one-off threads.

M&A related threads:
"what if this...."
"what if that..."
"what if this..."
"what if that..."
etc.
etc.
etc.

everyone is going to have a specific situation they want to discuss. should we start a new thread on each one? maybe...

(i am not trying to be confrontational. the message above is a serious question.)
Old Feb 20, 2008, 8:51 am

Location: Clinging to the edifices of a decadent past from the biggest city in America nobody really cares about.
Programs: (ಠ_ಠ)
Originally Posted by fly co to see the yanks
everyone is going to have a specific situation they want to discuss. should we start a new thread on each one?
I'd lean towards yes, but at the same time I can understand the complaint about it cluttering up the forum.

Maybe a better solution would be to create a temporary sub-forum within OnePass to discuss aspects pertaining to the merger?
Old Feb 20, 2008, 8:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: A festering pit; a pustule of a fistula set athwart the miasmic swamps of the armpit of the Gulf of Mexico - a Godforsaken wart upon a dark crevasse of the World. (IAH)
Programs: UA Lifetime Gold, BA Silver, Marriott Lifetime Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Gold
Originally Posted by J.Edward
Maybe a better solution would be to create a temporary sub-forum within OnePass to discuss aspects pertaining to the merger?
Does creation of sub-forums require TalkBoard Approval?
Old Feb 20, 2008, 9:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Personally, I think there aren't enough merger threads.
Old Feb 20, 2008, 9:43 am
Suspended

IMaybe a better solution would be to create a temporary sub-forum within OnePass to discuss aspects pertaining to the merger?
ding, ding, ding, ding...we have a winner.
Old Feb 20, 2008, 9:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Kommissar Giga-Posting Direktor, PWP; Fasano Nouveau Aristocrat; CO Platinum; BD Gold; MR Gold
Originally Posted by sbm12
I wouldn't buy anything lifetime right now from any of the carriers - too risky.
I agree - buying a lifetime club membership makes right now makes absolutely no sense. It would be fine, however, for the OP to purchase an annual membership (IMO).
Old Feb 20, 2008, 9:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Kommissar Giga-Posting Direktor, PWP; Fasano Nouveau Aristocrat; CO Platinum; BD Gold; MR Gold
I'd lean towards yes, but at the same time I can understand the complaint about it cluttering up the forum.

It is a tough call. On one hand, the threads clutter the forum. On the other, there are so many aspects of the possible merger that it is difficult to discuss them all in one thread. Perhaps the subforum is the best idea, but I have no idea how administratively difficult it would be to implement.
Old Feb 20, 2008, 8:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Some place in this wonderful world (usually at 39,000 ft in seat 1C)
Programs: CO Gold Elite / NW Gold Elite
Originally Posted by sbm12
Tell that to all the TWA lifetime club members who got 3 years from AA.

I wouldn't buy anything lifetime right now from any of the carriers - too risky.
big difference...AA bought the assets of TWA not the company - the lifetime memberships were not purchased by AA and didn't need to be honored...in this case the companies are being purchased...any lifetime memberships will be completely safe
Old Feb 20, 2008, 8:54 pm

Programs: AA EXP; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, UA 1.56MM (fmr UA1K)
I would think it would be best to see if the merger actually is going to happen... and proceed from there.
Old Feb 21, 2008, 7:06 am
Suspended

"and i guess a red carpet club is better than nothing."

I had the choice before and I chose nothing. What UA calls a club is insulting.
Old Feb 21, 2008, 7:20 am
Suspended

sub-forum?
Old Feb 21, 2008, 7:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Under the Liberty Visual to 27L at PHL. Stranger in a strange land - a Devils fan in Flyers country.
Programs: PWP Le Chancelier des Clefs d'Or || Sarcasm, Anti-Stupidity, Obscure References top tier member.
^^^^
Old Feb 21, 2008, 9:48 pm

Location: Lat. N41., Long. W-75, in the NJ foothills of the Poconos
Programs: Ex-Con Million Miler, UA MM, CO Plat dozen, Onepass member since 1988
I concur. If you don't like a thread, close it and go somewhere else. Don't waste our time with your complaining.

B7
Old Feb 21, 2008, 11:46 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Its interesting to see what might happen (the "if then" scenarios) with NW/DL/CO... both as a result of a NW/DL merger and a CO/UA one. If CO/UA do fuse into one though, where would AS stand in the end? UA & AS both have large networks on the West Coast, and both have limited service to AK. So would this mean they'd abandon the AS agreement, or maybe just have a limited agreement within Alaska, such as many airlines have with HA intraisland?
Old Feb 22, 2008, 8:19 am

As has many alliances--NW, AA, and CO--that I know of so not sure how they will play in the new environment--assuming they don't snapped up in the process.

As for merger threads. I ikd of like new ones with specific questions as the merged threads are crazy long. This was actually an interesting question and I was curious what people thought.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.