Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Continental OnePass (Pre-Merger)
Reload this Page >

Note to Chelsea: ENOUGH! NO MORE CHEESE SOUP!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Note to Chelsea: ENOUGH! NO MORE CHEESE SOUP!

Search this Thread

Old Feb 17, 2008, 9:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Fabulous on one of the US carriers..
I like the cheese soup. Much better than the lunch I would have gotten on AA... = big fat zero.
Old Feb 17, 2008, 10:37 pm

Originally Posted by Catbert10
If they could figure out a way to inject a cheese filling into the dentists' delight, I'm sure they would.
Cheesecake, cheese danish or carrot cake with cream cheese frosting for dessert anyone?
Old Feb 17, 2008, 10:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by pptp
Cheesecake, cheese danish or carrot cake with cream cheese frosting for dessert anyone?

And what is wrong with this???
Old Feb 17, 2008, 10:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: CO 1K-MM
if they got the cheesecake from Katz' or Carnegie deli, sure
Old Feb 17, 2008, 10:53 pm

Originally Posted by Flyer_70
And what is wrong with this???
Preaching to the choir. I happen to think of cheese as one of the main food groups; along with beer, wine, pizza, steak etc.

Last edited by pptp; Feb 17, 2008 at 11:18 pm
Old Feb 17, 2008, 11:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Preaching to the choir. I happen to think cheese is one of the main food groups; along with beer, wine, pizza, steak etc.

^
Old Feb 18, 2008, 5:49 am
Suspended

Programs: UA just 8800 mi short of Silver
Preaching to the choir. I happen to think of cheese as one of the main food groups; along with beer, wine, pizza, steak etc.
Didnt I just read a thread on unmitigated flatulence? You kn0w- the cause of Al Goreleones global warming
Old Feb 18, 2008, 8:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL Diamond, B6 Mosaic, AS MPV Gold, UA Gold MM, Marriott Plat, SPG Plat, Nat'l Exec Elite
Despite all the whining about cheese on here, I've had 7-8 first class meals on CO since January 1, none of which had much in the way of cheese. Sure there were a few crumbles of feta on the chicken/shrimp Caesar salad, which were easily avoided if you don't like cheese. And there were a couple of cubes on the cold plate, which were again, easily avoided. But I've had the chicken fajita wrap with no cheese, as well as a couple of other hot entres.
Old Feb 18, 2008, 8:27 am
Original Poster

Location: Clinging to the edifices of a decadent past from the biggest city in America nobody really cares about.
Programs: (ಠ_ಠ)
Originally Posted by ssullivan
Despite all the whining about cheese on here, I've had 7-8 first class meals on CO since January 1, none of which had much in the way of cheese. Sure there were a few crumbles of feta on the chicken/shrimp Caesar salad, which were easily avoided if you don't like cheese. And there were a couple of cubes on the cold plate, which were again, easily avoided. But I've had the chicken fajita wrap with no cheese, as well as a couple of other hot entrées.
Damn your good luck.

I have yet to have a flight out of IAH that did not offer the nacho-sauce.

Oh well, worse has happened I suppose.
Old Feb 18, 2008, 12:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL Diamond, B6 Mosaic, AS MPV Gold, UA Gold MM, Marriott Plat, SPG Plat, Nat'l Exec Elite
Yep, 100% upgrade rate since early last September, and the good soups (when I'm on a soup flight although I don't share quite your taste aversion to the "California medley" aka cheese soup). Life is good.
Old Feb 18, 2008, 12:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Kommissar Giga-Posting Direktor, PWP; Fasano Nouveau Aristocrat; CO Platinum; BD Gold; MR Gold
I just had the lobster bisque yesterday - it was good and not overly cheesy. I hate the other Velveeta/Sysco/whatever soups, however.
Old Feb 18, 2008, 12:40 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by CO 1E
I hate the other Velveeta/Sysco/whatever soups, however.
because they lead to flatulence?
Old Feb 22, 2008, 12:57 pm

Programs: Over-entitled UA 1.3MM Gold, AA Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott L-T Plat, Hertz PC
Absolutely.

Two days ago, on a transcon mileage run, I was upgraded to a BF-configured 752 (IAH-SEA).

I ate the broccoli cheese soup.

Big mistake.
It should renamed BROC-e-coli cheese soup.

Made for very long SEA-EWR flight.
Old Feb 22, 2008, 2:11 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by Billiken
Absolutely.

Two days ago, on a transcon mileage run, I was upgraded to a BF-configured 752 (IAH-SEA).

I ate the broccoli cheese soup.

Big mistake.
It should renamed BROC-e-coli cheese soup.

Made for very long SEA-EWR flight.
did you have unmitigated flatulence?
Old Feb 22, 2008, 7:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Under the Liberty Visual to 27L at PHL. Stranger in a strange land - a Devils fan in Flyers country.
Programs: PWP Le Chancelier des Clefs d'Or || Sarcasm, Anti-Stupidity, Obscure References top tier member.
I'm thinking he had unmitigated worse than flatulence...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.