Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Best way to do CLE-CGO?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 30, 2008, 3:26 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA-GS 1MM), Hertz Pres Circle, Starriott Titanium)
Best way to do CLE-CGO?

Hey folks,

I'm looking to book an itinerary in Y from CLE-CGO. Before CZ joined skyteam I used to fly to PEK then get out and use a separate ticket/reservation to re-check in for the CZ leg.

Unfortunately, Continental.com still claims to have no knowledge of CGO as a destination.

I'm wondering, is there a good way for me to
a) check my bags all the way through to CGO and
b) get 100% miles for the CZ bit if possible.

Any tips, or am I condemned to buying separately.
Old Jan 30, 2008, 3:46 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

You can either start to buy the ticket on co.com and then call in to the electronic support desk and have them add the extra segments if you want it all on one ticket, or just buy the second ticket in the correct fare class on CZ (note that they are very restrictive). Either way, CO should be able to check the bags all the way through for you. If you have it on a second ticket make sure to bring a print-out that shows the PNR and/or ticket number so that the CO agent can tag it all the way through.

Also, as a platinum I think there's no ticketing fee if you call, but I'm not positive. If you're buying a high enough fare class you can just call it in.
Old Jan 30, 2008, 4:10 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA-GS 1MM), Hertz Pres Circle, Starriott Titanium)
Do you know any site where I can book CZ tickets and select the fare class? Many sites seem to never show the fare classes.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.