Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Continental OnePass (Pre-Merger)
Reload this Page >

CO President Plus World Mastercard Offer -- good deal?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

CO President Plus World Mastercard Offer -- good deal?

Search this Thread

Old Nov 20, 2009, 10:34 am

Programs: CO Gold, SPG Gold, Hyatt Plat
I forgot to cancel the card on time (15 days ago) and now the annual fee was charged. The annual fee outweights the benefits for me - can I still cancel? Will they refund the fee?
Old Nov 22, 2009, 10:47 pm

I am not sure if this helps, but I think Chase policy is
to give 30 days grace period for canceling cards to
avoid the annual fee. I canceled a UAL Visa and the
Chase agent told me I had 30 days to decide and when I
canceled, they reversed the charge. Call the number on
the back of your card and ask.
Old Nov 23, 2009, 6:43 am

Programs: UA 1K, SPG PLT, Marriott PLT, Hertz PC,National EE
In case you haven't tried yet, it's 60 days from your anniversary date to cancel with a full refund. (I was just talking to them about this).

If you're past that, you can probably get them to pro-rate. I know amex will do that, but you'd probably need another chase card or they might tell ya to buzz off.
Old Nov 23, 2009, 7:07 am
RNE

Originally Posted by sjm0028
I am not sure if this helps, but I think Chase policy is to give 30 days grace period for canceling cards to avoid the annual fee. I canceled a UAL Visa and the Chase agent told me I had 30 days to decide and when I canceled, they reversed the charge. Call the number on the back of your card and ask.
I think that 30 day thing is only on the first anniversary of the card. Later anniversaries don't have that grace period. And if there is activity on the card in that period, that usually negates your right to cancel and get the annual fee back. Still, you should definitely call and try to get it removed.
Old Dec 7, 2009, 5:43 pm

HELP!

Has anyone had success in getting Hyatt to grant GP platinum status as a resulting of holding the Chase PPWMC?? I have spoken with at least 7 Hyatt CSRs over the past 3 months trying to receive this "benefit," and not one person at Hyatt has a clue what I'm talking about. Each time they always ask for a "promo code," which, of course, I can't find anywhere in the Chase/CO materials.....

And what's most amazing is that for each call to Hyatt CS, I am told a different story. Here's a summary of my four most recent tries:

1) that offer was a one-time, limited promotion, and the period has now "expired".

2) the offer isn't a COMP to GP Plat, but a one-time "fast-track", which requires 3 Hyatt stays before you receive it, and then you must requalify for every year thereafter. (if so, what's the point? 5 stays gets you that "benefit" without paying for the Chase card!)

3) you don't receive GP Plat as long as you hold the Chase card; instead it's a one-time "bump" to GP Plat for the "remainder of 2009." After that, you must re-qualify "just like our normal GP members have to do" (their words!).
(if so, what's the point of being "upgraded" until the end of the month?)

4) today's story: "the information on the CO website is wrong," and "the offer doesn't grant GP Plat status every year you're a Chase cardmember. As a "courtesy" however, the CSR indicated they'd be willing to give me a one-time "complimentary upgrade" to GP Plat until Feb 2010. (again, what's the point of having status for 3 months?)

Does anyone know what the REAL benefit for the PPWMC is supposed to be, and what magic codewords allow a Hyatt CSR to implement it?

Thanks in advance!
Old Dec 7, 2009, 5:46 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP 2MM; Marriott Titanium; Hilton Diamond; Hyatt Explorist; Vistana 5* Elite; Nat'l Exec Elite
Originally Posted by tanlines
HELP!

Has anyone had success in getting Hyatt to grant GP platinum status as a resulting of holding the Chase PPWMC?? I have spoken with at least 7 Hyatt CSRs over the past 3 months trying to receive this "benefit," and not one person at Hyatt has a clue what I'm talking about. Each time they always ask for a "promo code," which, of course, I can't find anywhere in the Chase/CO materials.....

And what's most amazing is that for each call to Hyatt CS, I am told a different story. Here's a summary of my four most recent tries:

1) that offer was a one-time, limited promotion, and the period has now "expired".

2) the offer isn't a COMP to GP Plat, but a one-time "fast-track", which requires 3 Hyatt stays before you receive it, and then you must requalify for every year thereafter. (if so, what's the point? 5 stays gets you that "benefit" without paying for the Chase card!)

3) you don't receive GP Plat as long as you hold the Chase card; instead it's a one-time "bump" to GP Plat for the "remainder of 2009." After that, you must re-qualify "just like our normal GP members have to do" (their words!).
(if so, what's the point of being "upgraded" until the end of the month?)

4) today's story: "the information on the CO website is wrong," and "the offer doesn't grant GP Plat status every year you're a Chase cardmember. As a "courtesy" however, the CSR indicated they'd be willing to give me a one-time "complimentary upgrade" to GP Plat until Feb 2010. (again, what's the point of having status for 3 months?)

Does anyone know what the REAL benefit for the PPWMC is supposed to be, and what magic codewords allow a Hyatt CSR to implement it?

Thanks in advance!
You are dealing with the wrong entity. Call Chase at the number on the back of your card. They are the one getting the annual fee and they will take care of you and deal directly with Hyatt on your behalf.
Old Dec 7, 2009, 9:19 pm

thanks for the suggestion, Controller. That's actually where I *started*
this process 3 months ago. Unfortunately it wasn't much help. Chase CSR said it was a CO issue, and said I should call OnePass. I called CO, and they said all I had to do was call Hyatt and give them my OP acct. no. and Hyatt
would "upgrade me to plat". then when I called GP CSC they kept asking
me for a "promo code"... no one seemed to even know what I was talking about. Today, I even had the Hyatt CSR go to the CO website with me and I pointed out the exact language on the credit card "benefits" section. That's when they told me "the CO website was wrong."

ARGH!
Old Dec 8, 2009, 12:06 am

Try asking at your next Hyatt stay

I also did not receive automatically Hyatt Platinum in
spite of the section in the President's club Visa brochure.
I asked about it when I stayed at the Hyatt Regency
in Minneapolis and showed them the brochure. They
said they would look into it and gave me a number to
call. I called the number and they set up my account
and my card came in a few weeks. I admit I feel slightly
guiltly that Hyatt gives me the Platinum benefits even
when reserved through Priceline for my business visits.
Old Dec 8, 2009, 12:24 am

Programs: CO-PLAT, Hyatt Plat
I remember going through this process, I later recieved a packet for hyatt after my presidential plus card

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.