Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Is BusinessFirst to Bombay super special?

Search this Thread

Old Oct 12, 2007, 11:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by fly co to see the yanks
starwood vacation ownership?
I hope you're kidding...

Sheremetyevo Airport
Old Oct 12, 2007, 12:06 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by Hartmann
Sheremetyevo Airport
ahhhh...english. such a useful medium by which to communicate.
Old Oct 12, 2007, 12:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: CO 1K-MM
I'd always upgrade to BF if I could.

It may not be "F" but its far better than 31x17.5".

as for the victuals, BF is actually pretty good I think, I've never been hungry during or after a flight. They pack the food in. Esp on the day returns, you get lunch (dinner), midflight snack and meal at the end. If you take the night flight on the way back from TLV I'd eat there but if you have one of the late morning flights from EU, I'd wait until the flight, its actually pretty good.
Old Oct 12, 2007, 12:17 pm

Programs: *Wood Gold, Marriott Plat, HH Gold, National Exec Elite
This should give you some idea of the International & Domestic terminals at BOM

Google maps
Old Oct 12, 2007, 1:42 pm

Programs: Northwest Platinum
I agree....BF on those long flights is always work the miles to upgrade. GO FOR IT!!!
Old Oct 12, 2007, 4:06 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA Silver, BA Gold, DL Gold
Originally Posted by boxinbull
Malpensa is an utter disaster as well. Probably the worst airport i've been to.
I actually think Malpensa gets a bad rap. Not the best airport, but compact enough, decent shopping, and the AF/KL lounge is nice enough.
Old Oct 12, 2007, 5:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL SM Plat, B6 TrueBlue, UA MP, AAdvantage
Originally Posted by fly co to see the yanks
ahhhh...english. such a useful medium by which to communicate.
yanks...my apologies, although Sheremetyevo is technically Russian [useless trivia: The airport was named for the Sheremetyev family, upon whose pre-revolutionary estate the airport was built...]
Old Oct 18, 2007, 9:40 am

Programs: BD, DL, UA, AA, Marriott, SPG
Is there any way to check upgrade availability online or do I have to call reservations?

Thanks!
Old Oct 18, 2007, 10:02 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by piyush
Is there any way to check upgrade availability online or do I have to call reservations?

Thanks!
Well, if you have a ticket that was booked on CO.com already, there should be an "Upgrade Reservation with Miles" link on the itinerary page, though this might only appear if there are upgrades available. Clicking on this link will allow you to do the whole process on your own.

If you are trying to book a new reservation, there is a OnePass Reward Upgrade box on the reservation screen, click that and the search results will spit back any upgradeable segments available.
Old Oct 18, 2007, 10:14 am

Originally Posted by pbarnette
Well, if you have a ticket that was booked on CO.com already, there should be an "Upgrade Reservation with Miles" link on the itinerary page, though this might only appear if there are upgrades available. Clicking on this link will allow you to do the whole process on your own.

If you are trying to book a new reservation, there is a OnePass Reward Upgrade box on the reservation screen, click that and the search results will spit back any upgradeable segments available.
Thanks for the tip. Unfortunately I get the following msg on CO.com:

"! We are not able to process a OnePass Reward Upgrade reservation online for your selected itinerary. Please uncheck ""OnePass Reward Upgrade"" to proceed with this reservation without an upgrade."
Old Oct 18, 2007, 10:41 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by piyush
Thanks for the tip. Unfortunately I get the following msg on CO.com:

"! We are not able to process a OnePass Reward Upgrade reservation online for your selected itinerary. Please uncheck ""OnePass Reward Upgrade"" to proceed with this reservation without an upgrade."
Then I would say you will have to call the service center.
Old Oct 19, 2007, 3:28 pm

Originally Posted by pbarnette
Then I would say you will have to call the service center.
That's what I figured .
Old Oct 21, 2007, 6:19 pm

coach class

how is the life in coach class? food..comfort...seat....entairtainment..etc and is it worth it..i just booked mine on nov 28
Old Oct 22, 2007, 3:29 pm

Programs: AA 1MM, AF Plat, VS Gold, Hyatt Glob, Sixt Diamond, Avis Presidents Club
Originally Posted by LightUponLight
I have to spend the night at the BOM airport as I land at 8:40 p.m. and my next flight to Goa does not leave until 5:20 a.m. I would get a hotel but I don't think it would be worth the time and energy to haul all my stuff in and out of the airport and hotel just for a few hours (after I clear customs). Also, I can't sleep when there is the pressure of having to get up in a couple of hours to catch a flight. I am already freaked about having to spend those hours at the BOM airport because from what I recall, when I went there in the mid 90's, it was terrible. Any experience with hanging out at BOM airports? Thanks!!
If you are going to be staying in the airport I suggest you check out this website. http://www.sleepinginairports.net/asia/bombay.htm Its been useful for me as I've slept in more than a couple airports including NBO, CDG, GRU while traveling in Y and J. It looks like at least as of January this year there are sleeping rooms at the airport in Bombay for rent.

The ones in NBO were pretty sparse but clean and good enough to actually help me get over jet lag in the middle of a JFK-LHR-NBO-BJM trip.

Safe and happy travels
BNR
Old Oct 23, 2007, 9:23 am

I'm curious given the earlier comments about upgrade availability to India. As I understand CO policies, (and I'm a relative novice with CO so please forgive my ignorance) you can upgrade a Y fare to India with no additional cost, just 12.5K miles each way, given upgrade availability. But the cost of that fare is very steep. You can also upgrade H (no additional cost, 25K miles each way) and /K/M/N/B/etc. (escalating additional costs plus the 25K miles each way), again, given availability.

I assume the negative comments refer to the minimal availability on India routes for upgrades on any of these fares. (Although the OP obviously was able to find one.) Every time I've tried to check online for upgrade availability to India I've got the same "can't do it online" message as was posted above. Can't you call to check upgrade availability on these various fares and not buy one unless you can confirm availability BEFORE you buy? Who would buy a ticket for a higher fare with only the slim possibility of an upgrade? I can see doing as the OP did with assurance of an upgrade on the overseas leg but not the domestic one but I can't imagine paying a significantly higher fare without the assurance on overseas legs. Am I missing something?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.