Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Continental OnePass (Pre-Merger)
Reload this Page >

Another EWR destination moves to terminal A? - CUN [Sept. 15, 2007]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 16, 2007, 12:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Location: Between AUS, EWR, and YTO In a little twisty maze of airline seats, all alike.. but I wanna go home with the armadillo
Programs: CO, NW, & UA forum moderator emeritus

Saturday morning there were signs along the EWR roadway indicating that all CO flights to Cancun now depart from terminal A. I wonder if this is a permanent change. How many more flights can A take? The staggered security lines there always seem backed up.
Old Sep 16, 2007, 7:44 am
Suspended

Programs: Delta - Gold; Starwood - Platinum; HHonors - Diamond & Avis Preferred
Great! Not!

xyzzy, is right, the check in area at the A Terminal is horrible and is only going to downhill fast, as more flights are added.

Lets hope this is temporary.
Old Sep 16, 2007, 8:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Priority Club Plat
This morning's 1730 departed from C135. Tomorrow's also scheduled for C.

Maybe a one-time thing for yesterday's 1709 and 1730.
Old Sep 16, 2007, 8:25 am

Programs: OnePass Infinite CO MM, PC Charter Lifer SkyMiles GM, MileagePlus
Check In & Tranfer

I have often checked in at C and taken the shuttle at gate 71

to A to avoid the A check in arrangement (horrible)

It also saves time if I am on the "moonrail" from NJT as C

is the first stop after the parking lot
Old Sep 16, 2007, 9:13 am

Programs: Alas, the Gravy Train Hath Ended...just happy to be an OW Sapphire and a ST Ivory...whatever
Glad to see that EWR'ers have their terminal B as well!!!!
Old Sep 16, 2007, 10:28 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by theblakefish
Glad to see that EWR'ers have their terminal B as well!!!!
Only for international arrivals mid-day

I don't mind flying out of A, and the car service can get in/out of there way more quickly than they can for terminal C. There is a PC where I can sit out of the way of the terminal and basically wait until right around departure time to walk out to the gate and on to the plane.

I've never dealt with check-in there as I've always done OLCI and just walked through to security, so I can't comment on that aspect. It looks like CUN offers pre-clearance for customs/immigration heading in to the USA, so that makes arrivals at terminal A no problem from that perspective.
Old Sep 16, 2007, 10:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I don't think there pre-clearance at CUN.

Again, this looks a like one-day deal. Only the two departing flights yesterday. Today's one flight departed from C, and tomorrow's scheduled for C as well.

Both flights coming back from CUN yesterday arrived at C. Today's one flight is scheduled to come into C. Tomorrow's flight is scheduled to come into C.

See my point?
Old Sep 16, 2007, 10:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by rkkwan
Again, this looks a like one-day deal. Only the two departing flights yesterday. Today's one flight departed from C, and tomorrow's scheduled for C as well.

Both flights coming back from CUN yesterday arrived at C. Today's one flight is scheduled to come into C. Tomorrow's flight is scheduled to come into C.

See my point?
That doesn't explain why the original poster saw signs along the roadway indicating that CUN flights depart from Terminal A.
Old Sep 17, 2007, 12:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Location: Between AUS, EWR, and YTO In a little twisty maze of airline seats, all alike.. but I wanna go home with the armadillo
Programs: CO, NW, & UA forum moderator emeritus
Originally Posted by ijgordon
That doesn't explain why the original poster saw signs along the roadway indicating that CUN flights depart from Terminal A.
Perhaps CO Insider can elaborate...
Old Sep 17, 2007, 4:43 am

Programs: HH Silver, MR Plat Prem & LT Plat, Hyatt Plat,SPG Plat, Hertz PC, National EE, UA 1K

Maybe a one-time thing for yesterday's 1709 and 1730.

NOPE! Was like this 2 weeks ago or so. I didnt think it was "thread worthy" when I saw it on the big flashing boards though.

I did depart myself out of "A", but didnt notice what gate the CUN flights were out of.

I really like the setup at A. But then again, I NEVER use t/a's, as I ALWAYS use OLCI (remember, get your KID to help you )
Old Sep 17, 2007, 5:56 am
Suspended

Programs: UA just 8800 mi short of Silver
Originally Posted by Cheap Elite

xyzzy, is right, the check in area at the A Terminal is horrible and is only going to downhill fast, as more flights are added..
I was in Dallas last week and had no idea what terminal my flight was out of. I went through security, checked the board and took one of those cute choo-choo monorails to the right place. If they have those in EWR??, what does it matter where you go through security?
Old Sep 17, 2007, 5:58 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by PhillyPhlyer40
I didnt think it was "thread worthy"
uh oh. that's taboo to even mention, no?

perhaps the signs were temporary ones. when they anticipate unusual traffic in C (or for whatever reason), cancun is next on the list to move. otherwise, cancun stays in C. or, perhaps they are testing cancun in A and if it runs smoothly, the move to A could become permanent.
Old Sep 17, 2007, 8:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by PhillyPhlyer40
NOPE! Was like this 2 weeks ago or so. I didnt think it was "thread worthy" when I saw it on the big flashing boards though.

I did depart myself out of "A", but didnt notice what gate the CUN flights were out of.

I really like the setup at A. But then again, I NEVER use t/a's, as I ALWAYS use OLCI (remember, get your KID to help you )
Yeah, I agree that CO Insider may want to clarify. Perhaps that's the rule for every Saturday when they have two flights, which are too many O&D passengers to handle at the international check-in desk at C.

Last edited by rkkwan; Sep 17, 2007 at 10:46 am
Old Sep 17, 2007, 9:21 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by chasbondy
I was in Dallas last week and had no idea what terminal my flight was out of. I went through security, checked the board and took one of those cute choo-choo monorails to the right place. If they have those in EWR??, what does it matter where you go through security?
The choo choo is landside (actually outside) at EWR.
Old Sep 17, 2007, 10:38 am

Programs: UA 1K; UA MM
Yeah, I agree that CO Insider may want to clarify. Perhaps that's the rule for every Saturday when they have two flights are too many O&D passengers to handle at the international check-in desk at C.
As further demonstration of my willingness to add still more anecdotal evidence in the absence of any firm answer, consider the following. I've been doing a lot of EWR-DCA weekend travel since June (yes, that pregnant younger sister gets another forum shout-out!), and accordingly I can vouch for the morning CUN flight departing from Terminal A on every Saturday I've done the trip except for one recently (3/4 times). I found it curious.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.