Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The Penalty Box

Search this Thread

Old Jan 5, 2009, 4:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL Diamond, B6 Mosaic, AS MPV Gold, UA Gold MM, Marriott Plat, SPG Plat, Nat'l Exec Elite
Originally Posted by Mackieman
FYI, if you ever get a chance to stop in Ft. Stockton, TX for any given period of time........don't.

On to ELP!
Be glad you stopped in Fort Stockton. If you're on I-10, there's not much between there and El Paso, save Van Horn. Good luck even finding gas along most of that stretch.
Old Jan 5, 2009, 4:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL Diamond, B6 Mosaic, AS MPV Gold, UA Gold MM, Marriott Plat, SPG Plat, Nat'l Exec Elite
Originally Posted by rolov
Lol , what about naming the kid "Seven"
Could be worse. There were some horrible names in kids had in my hometown. Fasten your seatbelts, these are going to get nasty.

• Kikimonterriyaki - She went by "Kiki"
  • Lemonjello and Orangjello - brothers who were unfortunately named after two popular flavors of a particular brand of gelatin dessert.
  • And the all time worst: Placenta. Yes, there was a very unfortunate child (with a very ignorant mother) in my school district named Placenta.

Last edited by ssullivan; Jan 5, 2009 at 4:37 pm
Old Jan 5, 2009, 4:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by CO 1E
I'm not a big fan either. The donuts are ok (although I'm not much of a donut eater), but the coffee tastes like regular swill to me, no different than any other fast food coffee.
Agreed. And every time I get their coffee it's served at about half a degree shy of boiling, and it takes an hour to cool to a point where it's safely drinkable.
Old Jan 5, 2009, 4:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: La Ministreuse de Surréalisme, CO Plat, MR Plat, SPG Plat
Originally Posted by MBM3
My coldest was in the -20s during my senior year at college. Add the wind and it was inhuman trying to walk to finals. It was so cold that engines would not turn as the oil turned so thick - garages were making a fortune towing to their heated garages.
My coldest was -52; the day of my first wedding. Hmmm, may have been a sign
Old Jan 5, 2009, 4:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UALCO Holdings General Member
Originally Posted by baglady
That is crazy .
Old Jan 5, 2009, 4:37 pm

As a former child support enforcement officer, I have seen some doosies for name:

Porsche, a young girl named after the car she was concieved.

Caddy, her sister, same reason.

Female, the mom thought the hospital was nice enough to name her baby. Pronounced feh mal eh, kinda frenchified.

Not name related, but nothing beats the twins with two different fathers....

Last edited by MBM3; Jan 5, 2009 at 4:47 pm
Old Jan 5, 2009, 4:41 pm

Programs: IHG Plat, HH Gold, EZ Pass Plat, Starbucks Gold, Whatever flight is cheapest
Originally Posted by baglady
I bet the wedding parka was lovely though.
Old Jan 5, 2009, 4:46 pm

Programs: CO-Silver, Hertz, Marriott Silver, Hilton
Originally Posted by MBM3
As a former child officer, I have seen some doosies for name:

Porsche, a young girl named after the car she was concieved.

Caddy, her sister, same reason.

Female, the mom thought the hospital was nice enough to name her baby. Pronounced feh mal eh, kinda frenchified.

Not name related, but nothing beats the twins with two different fathers....
Friends of ours are fostering three sisters, all under the age of 3. Their names are Truth, Onesty, and Patience.

I keep wanting to call the middle child One Sty. The DH isn't good with names and told a co-worker that the kids' names were Truth, Justice, and... he drew a blank, so his co-worker replied "American Way?"
Old Jan 5, 2009, 4:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: La Ministreuse de Surréalisme, CO Plat, MR Plat, SPG Plat
Originally Posted by groovygrendel
Friends of ours are fostering three sisters, all under the age of 3. Their names are Truth, Onesty, and Patience.

I keep wanting to call the middle child One Sty. The DH isn't good with names and told a co-worker that the kids' names were Truth, Justice, and... he drew a blank, so his co-worker replied "American Way?"

My cousin named her kids Mercedes (definitely not the car the kid was conceived in) and Zyaire (yep, that's how she spelled it).
Old Jan 5, 2009, 5:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UALCO Holdings General Member
My girlfriend's sister was named Cecilia at the hospital
and later when she got home her mom decided to call her Georgia, so her name was Cecilia but everyone called her Georgia, her father in protest of this started calling her "Bob"
Her name has caused problems in all levels of schools , including last year when she had to legally change it to Georgia for her scholarship.
The most recent trouble came when her mom booked a flight using the old name , I had the pleasure of calling CO to resolve it.
Old Jan 5, 2009, 5:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Kommissar Giga-Posting Direktor, PWP; Fasano Nouveau Aristocrat; CO Platinum; BD Gold; MR Gold
The Box has reached new heights today with discussion of lube and "interesting" names.
Old Jan 5, 2009, 5:32 pm

Programs: PWP Direktor of Homeland, CO Plat* 1MM,UA 1K,BD Gold,DL Gold,SPG Platinum, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by belynch
If I do, I'm going to name my first child Max Power. (I got that name from my hair dryer.)
Hahaha, as oppossed to Max Headroom?
Old Jan 5, 2009, 5:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Between AUS, EWR, and YTO In a little twisty maze of airline seats, all alike.. but I wanna go home with the armadillo
Programs: CO, NW, & UA forum moderator emeritus
Originally Posted by groovygrendel
Their names are Truth, Onesty, and Patience.
I knew someone with the last name "Onesty" once. He was the least honest person I think I've ever met.
Old Jan 5, 2009, 6:03 pm

Programs: UA and HH
Originally Posted by xyzzy
I knew someone with the last name "Onesty" once. He was the least honest person I think I've ever met.
I knew 2 people named Christian in High School. Both of them have been to jail multiple times.
Old Jan 5, 2009, 6:07 pm

Programs: UA and HH
Is anyone having problems with their miles posting? My trip on 12/31 and 1/1 still haven't posted.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.