Wiki Posts
Search

CO starts Mumbai 10/31 pending approval

Search this Thread

Old Mar 7, 2007, 10:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Priority Club Plat
Originally Posted by theblakefish
Is EWR-BRU new? I thought CO has served that city for some time...I could be wrong.
BRU is definitely not new. Not sure when it started, however. Recently, it's been daily 764, but will go to 772 this summer, for the first time.

Originally Posted by theblakefish
If this route fills to near capacity (pax & freight), is there any change of CO using the new 787's here?
Before this announcement, CO has said here in the US and India that future new flights will have to wait until the 787s arrive. But since then, few things happened:

- CO didn't get EWR-PVG
- DL started JFK-BOM
- DL confirmed converted a bunch of their 777 orders to the 772LR, which I assume is specifically targeted towards the Indian market
- Various Indian airlines are also proposing non-stop India-US routes, and AC may restart theirs, all with 772LRs

I guess CO feel that they can't wait any longer or they'll fall further behind DL, and also they must have monitored DL's operation and feel comfortable that CO's 772ER can also make the westbound trip without operation issues or severe weight penalty.

So, they are willing to cede Eastern Europe and Africa to DL, but they won't cede India to them.

In fact, if these routes are lucrative, I hope CO will consider ordering the 773ERs to add to its fleet; or converting the 787-8 orders to the 787-9.
Old Mar 7, 2007, 10:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Nice spin on horrible coach seating, CO

You've been enhanced:

Originally Posted by press release
Economy class on the Continental 777 is also exceptionally comfortable and spacious, in a 3-3-3 seating configuration with wider-than-usual aisles.
Uh, yeah. Wider-than-usual aisles certainly makes up for 31 inch pitch.

To get those wider-than-usual aisles, don't you have to use narrower-than-usual seats?
Old Mar 7, 2007, 10:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: CO 1K-MM
I bet they would concert their *options* to 789's but keep existing orders 788's. After all the 789 won't be ready until a few years after the 788..
Old Mar 7, 2007, 1:32 pm

Programs: Former NW Plat, Marriott Gold, Starwood Gold
Do we know if this is going to be a code share flight for SkyTeam partners like NW, DL? I would like to book some award flights on it, if possible.
Old Mar 7, 2007, 1:35 pm
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by rkkwan
If the flight were to arrive in the morning in BOM (or DEL for the matter), it will need to depart also in the morning at EWR. That means few connections possible from other parts of the US.

Also, a noon-time departure from India means arriving EWR at around 6pm. Connections still possible, but not any later.

The current schedule is really optimized for the most domestic US connections possible, and without arriving/departing either place at some ungodly hours (though the current DEL flight returns to EWR very early in the morning).
If there's any market in the US where a daylight hour arriving flight into India can fill up, it would be NYC-BOM, particularly EWR-BOM.
Old Mar 7, 2007, 1:36 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by blahblah1
Do we know if this is going to be a code share flight for SkyTeam partners like NW, DL? I would like to book some award flights on it, if possible.
You can book award flights on it even if it's not a codeshare. After all, CO is a SkyTeam airline and makes what little award inventory is available available to NW frequent flyers too.
Old Mar 7, 2007, 1:38 pm
Suspended

Jet Airways vs. Continental. I'll be taking Jet Airways in biz definitely.
Old Mar 7, 2007, 1:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA-2MM; GalacticXpress-Irridium
Woo hoo, Bollywood and earning EQMs on CO, how much better can it get?

We should have a Bollywood CO DO so we can have pics of CO Insider dancing to Indian music!
Old Mar 7, 2007, 3:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Gold AAdvantage Elite, Rapids Reward
Originally Posted by entropy
I bet they would concert their *options* to 789's but keep existing orders 788's. After all the 789 won't be ready until a few years after the 788..
It would be wait until sometimes in 2009 when CO is receiving their first 787-8. It would be good options for 787-9 on orders will increase more long-range flight. It is good enough capacity add seating on 787-9.
Old Mar 7, 2007, 3:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Here the press releases from CO:

http://biz.yahoo.com/prnews/070307/aqw037.html?.v=7

Next time to use the link, ok? THat mean as for your reminder when you show out the link from Yahoo News releases.

I again that I say I congratuations to CO is first inaugural new non-stop EWR-BOM but, EWR-DEL has been strong performer. Maybe if CO will put on orders new 777-300ER would get more added seat capacity. It would hold my breath when CO put converts from 777-200 to 777-300ER.
Old Mar 7, 2007, 4:26 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by GUWonder
Any chance they can get this flight scheduled so that we arrive into India in the daytime (c. 5 - 8 a.m.)?

I really am increasingly a fan of arriving into India during "daylight" hours .... particularly given the increasingly ridiculously expensive hotel rates around BOM and DEL.
The flight would have to depart EWR around 3 a.m. to arrive in Mumbai at 5 a.m. If EWR would allow late night operations, the flight would be able to carry passengers from as far as the west coast with a nonstop trans con from LAX or SFO leaving early afternoon.
Old Mar 7, 2007, 4:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Yaatri
The flight would have to depart EWR around 3 a.m. to arrive in Mumbai at 5 a.m. If EWR would allow late night operations, the flight would be able to carry passengers from as far as the west coast with a nonstop trans con from LAX or SFO leaving early afternoon.
Incorrect! I don't think CO able do that for early morning departs from EWR. It would be better timing when CO is heading to BOM around 9:00pm or 10:00pm. Sigh....please do search the flight is leave from EWR-BOM-EWR. I think CO will arriving in BOM around late-evening then departs from BOM around midnight back to EWR.
Old Mar 7, 2007, 5:24 pm

Location: Lat. N41., Long. W-75, in the NJ foothills of the Poconos
Programs: Ex-Con Million Miler, UA MM, CO Plat dozen, Onepass member since 1988
It's about F'ing TIME!

"The aircraft on the Mumbai route also have AC power outlets available to every passenger, with no need for an adapter in order to operate a PC or other approved device."

It's about friggin' time. Forget AVOD. Just let me run my laptop & other toys.

B7
Old Mar 7, 2007, 5:29 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by N830MH
Incorrect! I don't think CO able do that for early morning departs from EWR. It would be better timing when CO is heading to BOM around 9:00pm or 10:00pm. Sigh....please do search the flight is leave from EWR-BOM-EWR. I think CO will arriving in BOM around late-evening then departs from BOM around midnight back to EWR.
Yaatri's not incorrect; you've misread/misunderstood Yaatri's post.

For those of us who want "daytime" morning arrivals into BOM, a 9 p.m. or 10 p.m. departure from EWR on a non-stop flight to BOM is useless.

Originally Posted by Bernoulli 777
"The aircraft on the Mumbai route also have AC power outlets available to every passenger, with no need for an adapter in order to operate a PC or other approved device."

It's about friggin' time. Forget AVOD. Just let me run my laptop & other toys.

B7
Standard power outlets are something I like too.
Old Mar 7, 2007, 5:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by GUWonder
Yaatri's not incorrect; you've misread/misunderstood Yaatri's post.
Yeah, now I am understand that. CO will ever put early morning flight from EWR-BOM. Does supposed do this mean for CO is leaving from EWR-BOM early morning when they are arriving next day in BOM. What about CO will fly back to EWR same day, correct? I know CO will next connection flight from EWR.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.