Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Continental OnePass (Pre-Merger)
Reload this Page >

Continental Pet death rates 4x others! [According to an article in Conde Nast]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Continental Pet death rates 4x others! [According to an article in Conde Nast]

Search this Thread

Old Jan 27, 2007, 7:23 pm

Programs: Delta Plat, HH Diamond, Marriott Gold
Whatever.... I know who is going to fly my pets when I need them flown. Continental! Accidents happen. Sometimes it has nothing to do with the plane, it has to do with the pet. Maybe some of the people that check their pets in the cabin below should feel at fault just as much as the airline they are being flown on.
Old Jan 28, 2007, 11:54 am
Suspended

Location: Was living in WAS now DFW, at least closer to IAH!;)
Programs: UA:1K SPG:PLT MR:GLD AVIS-HERTZ:PREZ and AA is for quitters!
?

Originally Posted by dgilman
Since I jumped on the OP for this, in all fairness I should do it here - the stats you give above are meaningless, since we don't know how many pets actually flew in the 5 months with 8 deaths - it's unlikely, but possible, that they only flew 9 pets in those 5 months. That's an exaggeration, for sure, but you see my point.
You are wrong. Your point is moot. The stats are valid.

Go here, read, learn. Stats for total pets per period are listed in each carrier's report.

http://airconsumer.ost.dot.gov/reports
Old Sep 1, 2012, 3:48 am

More than half of the deceased, 19 pets, flew Delta airlines. All of the deaths happened in the cargo holds of the planes, government documents show.

Last edited by l etoile; Sep 1, 2012 at 7:51 am Reason: Link to blog removed

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.