Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Continental OnePass (Pre-Merger)
Reload this Page >

recieved fancy invitation today for a $375 a year-"Pres Co/Chase

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

recieved fancy invitation today for a $375 a year-"Pres Co/Chase

Search this Thread

Old Nov 27, 2006, 10:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Between AUS, EWR, and YTO In a little twisty maze of airline seats, all alike.. but I wanna go home with the armadillo
Programs: CO, NW, & UA forum moderator emeritus
After all the complaints about not getting luggage tags in elite packets the last few years I'm surprised nobody has mentioned this part of the card offer:
Two Charter Member luggage tags from Hartmann®
I also just noticed that the fine print allows existing Chase Visa card holders to apply for this card and participate in the 5% discount offer. Until now they were specifically excluded from Continental Chase Mastercard offers.
Old Nov 27, 2006, 10:56 am

Programs: CO Gold
International Transaction Fees

Thanks Scott for all the info. Sounds like a great deal except for the 3% international transaction fee. I called and this can't be waived, which I find a bit humorous for a "World" credit card. When I look back at my international travel transactions for 2006, I saved over $450 by not having international fees on my AmEx Plat versus if I had used my ChaseWorld MC. If there is any way in the future to reduce or get rid of this fee, then count me in!
Old Nov 27, 2006, 11:05 am

Programs: CO Gold; SPG Gold***; AvisFirst;
A couple of other questions:

1. If paying the extra $150 for a spouse PC membership, would the spouse get elite access benefits?
2. Can the $150 be applied to other additional cardholders for PC membership (like children, ... assuming they meet age requirements)?
Old Nov 27, 2006, 12:06 pm
Company Representative, United Airlines

Originally Posted by familyflier
Thanks Scott for all the info. Sounds like a great deal except for the 3% international transaction fee. I called and this can't be waived, which I find a bit humorous for a "World" credit card. When I look back at my international travel transactions for 2006, I saved over $450 by not having international fees on my AmEx Plat versus if I had used my ChaseWorld MC. If there is any way in the future to reduce or get rid of this fee, then count me in!
Hi familyflier, thanks for your feedback - it's well-received. I've passed this suggestion on to my colleague that manages our Chase relationship.

Originally Posted by mbreuer
If paying the extra $150 for a spouse PC membership, would the spouse get elite access benefits?
Not at this time, mbreuer, but this is a good suggestion and we'll definitely look into this.

Originally Posted by mbreuer
Can the $150 be applied to other additional cardholders for PC membership (like children, ... assuming they meet age requirements)?
Sorry, this isn't currently permitted.
Old Nov 27, 2006, 1:35 pm
Suspended

If they added elite status plus a chance to gain higher status buy spending more it would be a good idea. Otherwise compared to other card products its simply not worth it.
Old Nov 27, 2006, 2:58 pm

Programs: CO Gold
Just noticed that when I go to Scott's previously posted link (www.copresplus.com/AF) , the page that comes up is for the Continental Airlines Presidential Plus Card. But, when I click on "Apply Now" I'm sent to a application page for the Continental Airlines Platinum Master Card from Chase with a $85 annual fee. Trying again brought up the $375 fee (thanks xyzzy). So, double check before applying.

Also, some additional thoughts: For an average traveler with no status and no master card (MC), the $300 MCPres+ with the waived annual fee is a much better deal than the standard $375 PC membership fee. As a gold elite, the PC membership will cost me $300, so with the new card I'm essentially paying $75 as an annual fee (For a plat that fee comes out to $100). For me, I can justify the extra $75 for some flex miles, the ability to access the PC when not traveling (vs the AmEx Plat) and the luggage tags, but I would like to see some more incentives for current CO Visa, CO MC, or CO PC members. Of course, it's always possible that people with these cards are not the target audience....

Last edited by familyflier; Nov 27, 2006 at 3:29 pm
Old Nov 27, 2006, 3:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Between AUS, EWR, and YTO In a little twisty maze of airline seats, all alike.. but I wanna go home with the armadillo
Originally Posted by familyflier
Double check before applying.
The card is essentially the same, but with the PC benefit added. If, on the application, you see the fee displayed as $375 you can be sure you've got this offer.
Old Nov 27, 2006, 4:01 pm

Programs: UA LT 1K, AA EXP, Bonvoy LT Titan, Avis PC, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by CO Insider
[*]What if I'm a lifetime member of the Presidents Club? Lifetime Presidents Club members are not yet included in this offer, but we're working on it. In 2007, we'll introduce a special low rate for lifetime Presidents Club members.
Now if you add Infinite Elite along with Lifetime PC - I can not imagine getting this offer. Right now I am paying $85 for the Chase World card - do not need the PC passes - so I am likely overpaying. Maybe they can offer a better deal for me to keep the card.

The only real benefit I have received - was an offer that if I spent $xK in a two month period - I got a free companion ticket - only restriction was no Sunday travel and V or higher. Not bad for a free companion ticket with no blackout dates.

The 2x on tickets/hotels is not that good. American Express is giving me 5X on everything right now - and frequently 3X on everything.

Tell me why I should not cancel the Chase World card?
Old Nov 27, 2006, 5:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by cova
Tell me why I should not cancel the Chase World card?
Did your 5% offer expire? If so, listen to the silence!
Old Nov 27, 2006, 6:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: CO 1K-MM
Hmmmm.
for an infrequent traveler, and big spender, it may be decent
it seems that its not a great deal for me...
you'll need to spend 350k a year to get the full Flex EQM benefits, which is good to protect the integrity of the elite program.

Already have PClub, and there's no mileage bonus for signing up :/
Old Nov 27, 2006, 6:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by entropy
and there's no mileage bonus for signing up :/
Yea -- how 'bout that...
Old Nov 27, 2006, 7:24 pm

Programs: HHonors Gold
This is an interesting offer for me, as I've just downgraded from Amex Platinum and was planning on purchasing a President's Club membership before my next trip.

I currently have the CO World Mastercard, so in a sense it's a better deal to go with this offer.

Question:

Is there any easy way to "upgrade" to this card since I currently have the regular Chase CO Mastercard?
Old Nov 27, 2006, 7:29 pm

Programs: AA Plat, CO Gold, US, Delta, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Silver, Hyatt
Originally Posted by writetorich
The terms of the Flex EQM were ackward and hard to understand.
(I guess that the CO marketing dept. and not the Chase marketing dept wrote this piece )

I threw it out.
But my quick read was only good for current calander year or the immediate next calander year.

No multi year build up or saving for a rainy day.
From my brochure: "These miles [i.e., flex EQM] do not expire, so you can redeem them toward Elite status at any time in future years."
Old Nov 28, 2006, 3:52 am

Is this going to be offerd for business card customers as well? I have the Chase CO biz card, but this one looks interesting.

Last edited by Rawhide; Nov 28, 2006 at 3:58 am
Old Nov 28, 2006, 9:18 am

Programs: UA GS+LT UC, AA EXP+LT PLT, Fairmont LT PLT, Marriott PLT, Hilton DIA, Hyatt Glob, Avis CHM
Originally Posted by Rawhide
Is this going to be offerd for business card customers as well? I have the Chase CO biz card, but this one looks interesting.
Which part about this card looks interesting? The Business amex plat is $75 cheaper than it and offers far better benefits, unless you really like the flex-eqm's there's not much reason to choose this card.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.