Wiki Posts
Search

EUAs are nice but I feel CO should do more

Search this Thread

Old Oct 21, 2006, 2:27 am
Original Poster

Programs: CO Gold - 1MM, IC Plat, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by ContPlat
Too bad you won't be getting access to any lounges in Tokyo (NRT) terminal 2. Elite Plus and Presidents Club members must fly out of NRT terminal 1 to get lounge access.

Continental decided 1/1/06, without notice (they are very quick to point out that they have that right) to exclude economy class PClub members from the affiliated lounge (bus class px are invited to the JAL bus class lounge - only first class gets the JAL first class lounge) in terminal 2. Their argument on the sitiuation is that they ahve the right to reduce services as they want to PClub members. Apparently, that includes exclusion. If I hadn't already trusted them and bought a lifetime membership, I wouldn't touch any Continental or Delta lounge purchase.

CO has never invited any elite plus FF flying economy.

Gord is gone.

The JAL lounge is very poor so you are not missing much if you dont get in there. The NW club in the other terminal isnt much better but almost worth the hike over there if your going to be in NRT for a while (also it is usually very crowded).

If memory serves me correct neither offer free WIFI either..maybe the NW club does now, if I have the time then I will try to find out on Friday when I travel through there.
Old Oct 21, 2006, 5:50 am

Programs: Hilton D, UA 1MM LT 1K-, LT UAClub, DL MS, DL 1MM, Former LT PClub, CO Infinite Elite
JAL (NRT T2) vs NWWC (NRT T1)

Originally Posted by CLEHillbilly
The JAL lounge is very poor so you are not missing much if you dont get in there. The NW club in the other terminal isnt much better but almost worth the hike over there if your going to be in NRT for a while (also it is usually very crowded).

If memory serves me correct neither offer free WIFI either..maybe the NW club does now, if I have the time then I will try to find out on Friday when I travel through there.
April this year, JAL had massage chairs (in sattlelite location near usual CO gate), milk and better food. Can't remember whether it had wireless as I spent my time in the massage chair!

As of sometime this year, NWWC made the change to comp wireless.

Besides milk JAL has first quality beverages. NWWC has gone to very small selection and mostly "bar" selections. 2 years ago, they had Remy Martin, then switched to No-name, now nothing even callable "brandy."

NWWC has great chocolate bars.

Since I never travel Business on CO, I no longer have access either as ST elite plus or PClub to JAL.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.