Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Continental OnePass (Pre-Merger)
Reload this Page >

Clevelanders Rejoice: Larry Rumored to Announce CLE-CDG In October

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Clevelanders Rejoice: Larry Rumored to Announce CLE-CDG In October

Search this Thread

Old Sep 15, 2006, 4:06 pm

Programs: CO Gold - 1MM, IC Plat, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by CO 1E
I'm trying to visualize how much space is available in D. When you get off the escalator and enter D, there are restrooms in the center on the left and concessions on the right. That would leave the two spaces on either end of the restrooms/concessions. It would be possible to wall off one of those areas (e.g., from D4 to D2), including the large window on the side of the concourse, and make it a P Club. It would no longer be possible to cross from the D4-ish area over to the D25/28 area - one would have to go back to the escalator area and cross over. In addition, those gate areas would be tighter, but it might be worth it to have the additional club. It also would be possible to convert the bar/concession area into a P Club, but that would leave the concourse with no concessions (obviously).

Someone correct me if I'm wrong about the amount of space in or configuration of D. I'll be there tomorrow, so perhaps I'll conduct an inspection and determine the perfect site.
This is semi off topic, but am I the only one who notices this when exiting the escalator to terminal D. There are no signs at the top of the escalator pointing you toward the correct D gates. You basically have to exit the escalator then wander a bit to the right or left to find signs pointing you in the right direction. I am sure its a nightmare for newbie travelers.

If I was gonna add a PC there (it is needed) I would put it right across from the D entrance, move the Starbucks to the entrance of the tunnel in the C concourse, or heck why not put it in the tunnel even...the coffee smell would help dilute the rubber smell down there anyways.
Old Sep 15, 2006, 7:28 pm

Programs: DL PM/KM, AC *G, AS MVP-100K
Originally Posted by CLEHillbilly
This is semi off topic, but am I the only one who notices this when exiting the escalator to terminal D. There are no signs at the top of the escalator pointing you toward the correct D gates. You basically have to exit the escalator then wander a bit to the right or left to find signs pointing you in the right direction. I am sure its a nightmare for newbie travelers.
Yeah, I've only flown out of D once and had a difficult time locating the gate. Basically walked 3/4 the way around, luckily I had plenty of time. Better directional signage in D would be very helpful.
Old Nov 24, 2006, 1:54 pm

Programs: CO Gold - 1MM, IC Plat, Hertz PC
I'm trying to visualize how much space is available in D. When you get off the escalator and enter D, there are restrooms in the center on the left and concessions on the right. That would leave the two spaces on either end of the restrooms/concessions. It would be possible to wall off one of those areas (e.g., from D4 to D2), including the large window on the side of the concourse, and make it a P Club. It would no longer be possible to cross from the D4-ish area over to the D25/28 area - one would have to go back to the escalator area and cross over. In addition, those gate areas would be tighter, but it might be worth it to have the additional club. It also would be possible to convert the bar/concession area into a P Club, but that would leave the concourse with no concessions (obviously).

Someone correct me if I'm wrong about the amount of space in or configuration of D. I'll be there tomorrow, so perhaps I'll conduct an inspection and determine the perfect site.

Did you ever get to check out the size of the area in D?

I have looked over this area 3-4 times since as I went to wait for my Junglejet ride. IMO there is a tremendous amount of "dead" space there (almost 1/3 the length of the terminal) that I could see being a small narrow PC much like ATLs is.
Old Nov 25, 2006, 11:02 am

Agree wholeheartedly with this proposition. It's a real pain to use the Pres Club in C when your next flight departs from D.

Heck, it's even a pain to use the C Terminal PC when you have a flight out of Gates C 1-8.

I wonder how much CO positions aircraft near the PC? Do they intentionally put the LGW or IAH, EWR flights at a gate near the PC? Recently with capital improvements to the low numbered C gates they've been pushing a lot of flights back to the teens and 20-something gates.
Old Nov 25, 2006, 11:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Kommissar Giga-Posting Direktor, PWP; Fasano Nouveau Aristocrat; CO Platinum; BD Gold; MR Gold
Originally Posted by delpreston
Heck, it's even a pain to use the C Terminal PC when you have a flight out of Gates C 1-8.

I wonder how much CO positions aircraft near the PC? Do they intentionally put the LGW or IAH, EWR flights at a gate near the PC? Recently with capital improvements to the low numbered C gates they've been pushing a lot of flights back to the teens and 20-something gates.
It always seemed to me that C3-C9 were CO's "flagship" gates - the 757s usually dock there, and in the early 90's when CLE had an A300 to DEN, it was usually at C3 or C5. These days, you'll find the LGW flight at C3, C5 or C7, along with any other 757 flights. Often, West Coast flights are there as well, but they're just as often down in the C20's cluster at the end of the concourse.

Last edited by CO 1E; Nov 26, 2006 at 11:46 am Reason: added C3
Old Nov 25, 2006, 11:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Kommissar Giga-Posting Direktor, PWP; Fasano Nouveau Aristocrat; CO Platinum; BD Gold; MR Gold
Originally Posted by CLEHillbilly
Did you ever get to check out the size of the area in D?

I have looked over this area 3-4 times since as I went to wait for my Junglejet ride. IMO there is a tremendous amount of "dead" space there (almost 1/3 the length of the terminal) that I could see being a small narrow PC much like ATLs is.
I never checked it out that time because my flight ended up in C. But, while driving out of the airport, I looked at the side of D that faces the airport exit, and it appeared that there was less room near the side-facing window than I had originally thought. I'm on an ERJ through CLE later this week, so perhaps I'll look at it again.
Old Nov 25, 2006, 2:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: CO 1K-MM
perhaps a more appropriate thing to do in D would be to make an Elite Access section.

(newpapers, tea/coffee and OJ)
For people paying full Y and elites, who wouldn't get anything special otherwise when flying express jets...
Old Nov 25, 2006, 4:08 pm

It always seemed to me that C5-C9 were CO's "flagship" gates - the 757s usually dock there, and in the early 90's when CLE had an A300 to DEN, it was usually at C5. These days, you'll find the LGW flight at C5 or C7, along with any other 757 flights. Often, West Coast flights are there as well, but they're just as often down in the C20's cluster at the end of the concourse.
Well, they're not necessarily "flagship" gates, but as of summer 2006 C-3, C-5 and C-27 were the only 757 capable gates. In-ground refueling points, safety lines and jetway angle all factor in to where an aircraft type can park.
Old Nov 26, 2006, 11:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by OptionsCLE
Well, they're not necessarily "flagship" gates, but as of summer 2006 C-3, C-5 and C-27 were the only 757 capable gates. In-ground refueling points, safety lines and jetway angle all factor in to where an aircraft type can park.
I forgot that the "flagship" gates begin with C3, not C5 (C1 and 2 are the small gates near the security checkpoint). Can C27 really handle a 757? I can't recall ever having seen one there. And, a 757 can park at C7 as well, correct?
Old Nov 26, 2006, 4:53 pm

I didn't think that C-7 could handle a 757, but it is possible that I'm mistaken.

C-27 can indeed park a 757. This summer there were three 757-300's departing from CLE within about 30 minutes of one another (one each to IAH, LAS and LAX). One of them always departed from C-27.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.